SRL

zmurko

ARGHHH!!! I didn't know the 1st checkpoint transforms you back to the selected vehicle on every lap!?

Well, now my tracks are useless for this. We'll have to use the multiclass spawning method and parking the cars on the side of the road now.

Most likely going to be several playlists/jobs tonight, as I doubt R* will allow me to save the jobs in correct order in one PL.

Now I realize why @SkyeDave used 1 lap and multiple CPs in the Paleto Rally event. :default_smiley-angry032:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, zmurko said:

ARGHHH!!! I didn't know the 1st checkpoint transforms you back to the selected vehicle on every lap!?

Well, now my tracks are useless for this. We'll have to use the multiclass spawning method and parking the cars on the side of the road now.

Most likely going to be several playlists/jobs tonight, as I doubt R* will allow me to save the jobs in correct order in one PL.

Now I realize why @SkyeDave used 1 lap and multiple CPs in the Paleto Rally event. :default_smiley-angry032:

Dont stop belieeeeeving!

We appreciate all the effort you put in this....

• Like 2

Ok, new track list for tonight (split into 3 PLs, thanks R*):

Comic Sands by soccerballin, 4 laps; Carbonizzare, Turismo Classic, Cheetah Classic vs Comet and Comet Retro Custom

Grapeseed GP by Sizenth, 4 laps; Carbonizzare, Turismo Classic, Cheetah Classic vs Comet and Comet Retro Custom

Le Men-hs 24h by sloshyboy, 2 laps; Chetah vs 811 and Neon

Airstrippin' by zmurko, 7 laps; Cheetah vs 811 and Neon

Hazel Run by Fachuro, 4 laps; Turismo R vs Comet SR

Le Chaparral 24h by zmurko, 4 laps, Turismo R vs Comet SR

Good news is that now ANYONE can join even if they don't own any of the cars, as they should be able to borrow them from their teammates. Get ready for some car spawning tonight. 😄

We have 4 Grotti and 3 Pfister drivers for now.

• Like 5

Thanks @zmurko There must have been a lot of work went into that.  Really enjoyed the Comet SR against the Turismo R.  It's always a pleasure to drive the Comet Retro which was a great match up with the classic Grottis and as for the 811..... well, I'll reserve judgement on that one so far.  Lots of good racing, thanks everyone!

Edited by SkyeDave
  • Like 1

Results for the Grotti vs Pfister Showdown are in ...

Driver Team Race 1 Race 2 Race 3 Race 4 Race 5 Race 6 TOTAL
@mulder Pfister 12 8 12 15 8 8 63
@SkyeDave Pfister 7 10 3 10 6 6 42
@Fido_le_muet Pfister 6 5 4 12 5 4 36
@Protocawl Pfister 10 4 5 6 15 15 55
@zmurko Pfister 3 6 8 5 4 7* 33
@DavidCore89 Grotti 15 15 15 4 12 10 71
@Lann Grotti 8 7 10 8 7 12 52
@Schumi6581 Grotti 4 12 7 3 10   36
@Skorpion Grotti 5 3 6 7 3 5 29

T e a m P f i s t e r 35 29 29 43 34 33 203
T e a m G r o t t i 32 37 38 22 32 34 195
* Raced for team Grotti                

Congratulations to team Pfister for a close win and @DavidCore89 for most individual points. Only results from 4 best Pfister drivers counted towards team total in each race as we had uneven number of drivers in each team.

Spoiler

EsiI9iFXAAk5koo?format=jpg&name=small

EsiI_tfXUAMf1d9?format=jpg&name=small

EsiJB2ZXEAEkQZZ?format=jpg&name=small

EsiJEOFW4AA-J1i?format=jpg&name=small

EsiJGRoW4AY0rUz?format=jpg&name=small

EsiJIO6XUAAn8iw?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by zmurko
  • Like 5

This upcoming week, we are celebrating 7th anniversary of Domestic Battery and have historical playlists held throughout the week and it will be the same for SRL as well.

We will re-create what was I believe my first themed racing event I've ever hosted, an endurance race that happened almost 6 years ago in February 2015. I couldn't find any written proof of the event (probably got lost during the transfer), but there is a topic about the track used in the event (with a little history written in there):

https://www.rockstarsocialclub.net/forums/topic/4402-24h-of-grapeseed-2017/

The original track is gone as well (layout photo is still present in the track's topic), as I have renovated it in 2017, but there is a list of participants mentioned in there:

@DeaD_GooN (winner), @Dodge (2nd place), @Onrefne (3rd), @Fido_le_muet, @Banketelli, @Nejcm17, @silenttigercd, @Torrid, @chawallace66, @ssracingn2, @Beez, @Gooner@skip_rat and myself.

Cars used in 2015 if I remember correctly were:  9F, Surrano, Comet, Carbonizzare, Alpha, Sultan, Banshee, Coquette and even a Furore GT (by brave silenttigercd).

There was a performance gap present (Goon won in an overpowered 9F), so we will split them up in two tiers (GT1 and GT2) and add some of the cars added since then to expand the choice.

Cars available for the race:

GT1:

9F
Surrano

Bestia GTS
Revolter
Specter (& Custom)
Penumbra FF
Raiden
Seven-70

GT2:

Carbonizzare
Alpha
Banshee
Comet

Coquette
Sultan

Sentinel Classic
Verlierer
Jester Classic

(GT3: Furore GT)

Pick a car, sign a sponsor (any GTA company/brand/business), paint your car to match your sponsor's colour scheme, make it pretty and race ready, sign up with a photo of your car (and sponsor) and show up on Sunday at 8:40-8:45 PM UTC for a group photo at the You Tool megastore near the highway close to Grapeseed.

KlmzeOz.png

We start at 21:00 UTC with a quick qualifying session and then a 24h endurance race (48mins in real life), where the grid will be sorted out according to qualifying times. We will use the "same" (renovated) track as back in February 2015.

Everyone is welcome (as long as they're capable of racing clean), so tell your family, friends, neighbours, workmates, ... there is room for 30 drivers!

Just a few more paging calls to let everyone aware of this glorious occasion: @Crawford1872, @JustHatched, @Squirrel, @djw180, @Con, @JuniorChubb, @CatManDoza, @pete_95973, @LimeGreenLegend, @Sinister, @omarcomin71, @Skorpion, @Trashbags, @Spinnaker1981, @grjkie, @The_Lady_A, @Paulie, @Potato, @doubleg213, @BryannosaurusRex, @Schumi6581, @starmonkeykiller, @Mark Verstappen, @Mythaga, @D-Rocks, @RammsteinDUDE, @PretendWereDead, @XuTek6651, @DefaultBling, @Dead-Demon, @Warriors-Ten and some of the usual suspects not already paged of course: @DavidCore89, @Protocawl, @SkyeDave, @mulder, @Lann

See you all on Sunday!

Edited by zmurko
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, zmurko said:

This upcoming week, we are celebrating 7th anniversary of Domestic Battery and have historical playlists held throughout the week and it will be the same for SRL as well.

Awesome!! Count me in! I had to drop out of regular SLR because of unexpected IRL commitments on Saturdays and Sundays these past two months. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, zmurko said:

Can Giovanni's even afford a sponsorship? Or are YOU sponsoring THEM with all the money you have? 😁

Its a lucrative setup for all involved. They have a very legit daily cashflow of at least 1-1.5M, sometime you get a free shot of Sinsimito Tequila with your meal. 😁

• Haha 1

Bahama Mama’s has agreed to sponsor me and my Specter as long as I slap a purple pearlescent on it. 😊 

17D28973-4693-43FA-B4F4-42B165562E40.jpeg
I also have a Jester Classic. 

Edited by omarcomin71
  • Like 4

Seeing there isn't such high demand for open spots, I'm going to limit the race to 1 class, so GT2 cars only please.

Only one that picked a GT1 car so far has been @omarcomin71, but also saying he can race in a Jester Classic too (GT2). So Omar if you can please pick one of the GT2 cars. I'm assuming it's going to be Jester Classic?

Drivers so far entering the race:

@Con

@mulder with a Xero gas Invetero Coquette

@Fido_le_muet with a RON ? ?

@Lann with a Giovanni's Grotti Carbonizzare

@DavidCore89 with a ? Bravado Banshee

@Beez with a ? Ubermacht Sentinel Classic

and @omarcomin71 with a Bahama Mama's Dinka Jester Classic (?)

I'll be driving a Willie's Pfister Comet.

Btw, you can pick ANY GT2 car, even if it's already been taken by someone else.

• Like 1