SRL

zmurko

That was great fun @zmurko.  Thanks for putting it all together.  Loved going from ETR1s to Futos, felt like racing on ice.  Congrats to @mulderthe Maibatsu Donkey  for winning in the Maibatsu Mule.  I hope to find a working headset for next week.  Thanks for all the racing folks!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SkyeDave said:

That was great fun @zmurko.  Thanks for putting it all together.  Loved going from ETR1s to Futos, felt like racing on ice.  Congrats to @mulderthe Maibatsu Donkey  for winning in the Maibatsu Mule.  I hope to find a working headset for next week.  Thanks for all the racing folks!

I just use my phone headset and plug it in the controller. Not great, but it works. 😉

Cheers for racing last night everyone. I was not having the best time myself and if someone else found the car/track combos weird/not-working, I apologize. I did enjoy the Jester Classic race on Okayama, interesting track, should allow some good battles in other cars as well. I didnt find other tracks offering much opportunities otherwise (maybe it was just me though) and needed 3 laps just to steady the ship in the Futo race, that was brutal. :classic_laugh:

This upcoming Sunday we'll be rallying.

rally GIF

10 races are planned of various forms of "rallying", 5 of them set to non-contact, so you'll need custom cars for those if you want to be competitive.

Non-contact races planned:

1. open (any) Sports Classics (Retinue MkII, ... or Savestra, Retinue, 190z, Stirling GT, ...)
2. BF Club
3. Trophy truck / Desert Raid
4. slower Sports (Omnis, Tropos, Comet Safari or GB200)
5. faster Sports (Sultan Classic, Issi Sport, ... or Flash GT or a slower rally car)

Everyone drives inside the host and we go on 30s.

Other races will be set to GTA, so you'll be able to borrow the required cars.

6. a Rallycross race (Flash GT)
7. a Folkrace (Warrener)
8. a retro Rally stage (Nebula Turbo)
9. a "modern" Rally stage (Sultan RS)
10. a pre WWII dirt roads race (Hustler)

For races 8 and 9 (retro & modern rally stages), races will be set to GTA and 3 laps. We'll sort out the cars first, then do a reconnaissance 1st lap, but not quite finish it. Then we'll go at 20s intervals on the track and do a flying lap (starting and completing 2nd lap), then almost finish the 3rd lap, but wait before the start/finish line, so that everyone can complete their flying lap. Fastest lap (stage) wins.

Get your cars race ready (put on your racing numbers), tune them up, put on a fresh set of appropriate wheels and we'll meet on Sunday 15-20min before the PL at our usual spot behind the Xero Gas warehouse.

See you all on Sunday.

P.S. After next week, we'll start a 4 week non-contact racing championship that will last entire month of March. I'll have all the details ready during the week.

• Like 6

@Fido_le_muetI thought maybe it was just lacking a turbo, at least we had a good battle between us for awhile. I thought I had won a Jester Classic on the wheel but it did not show up in my car list, maybe I sold it?

Looking forward to next week.

• Like 1

up-close-at-the-rally.jpg

We start tonight at 21:00 UTC, 22:00 CET, that's 4PM EST for @Con!

You need a Club, Trophy truck or Desert raid, a fast rally Sports Classic (Retinue MkII, ...), a slow (Omnis, Tropos, GB200, Comet Safari) & fast (Issi sport, Sultan classic, Flash GT) sports rally car.

See you all tonight.

I'll be sorting final details of the PL later in the evening, as I didn't have any time during the week. Jobs definitely in the PL and that we have already raced on, are: Seed Rally, Chapar Rally, Redwood Sparks RX, Mount Palomino, Dusty Circuit, Harmonic Multilinearity, Amateur Rally Experience. I need to slightly update (props) one of my old old tracks, Grapeseed Rally SS and pick one more job.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Rally racing is definitely the most challenging form in racing in this game in my opinion. Had some very confident races and some races were I felt I was driving on ice. 

Rallycross racing in the Flash was great, would be great to see more of that format in the future. Same goes for the flying lap races.

• Like 1

Thanks for racing everyone.

Rallycross race might have been a bit tough with the first corner quite bumpy and Flash GT not really liking the bumps. I quickly updated one of my old rallycross tracks I tried building many years ago by just adding some new props an hour before the PL.

If we can get some more rallycross tracks built for contact racing, we could definitely do a night of that one week with some more heat races too.

I'll post the details for next 4 weeks of SRL tomorrow, but as already mentioned it's going to be a non-contact championship.

7 hours ago, zmurko said:

If we can get some more rallycross tracks built for contact racing, we could definitely do a night of that one week with some more heat races too.

I feel like work in the creator, what exactly needs to be built? Heat?

Turn it into a creators event even?

5 hours ago, Lann said:

I feel like work in the creator, what exactly needs to be built? Heat?

Turn it into a creators event even?

Possibly. I'll think about it and set some guidelines.

Anyway, details for next 4 weeks of SRL have been published in a separate thread, as we start the JDM Tiered Non-contact championship:

Results from both rally stages, aka the flying laps (if anyone's interested):

Nebula Turbo:

1. @SkyeDave , 1:47.552 *
2. @DavidCore89, 1:48.450
3. @RammsteinDUDE, 1:48.720
4. @mulder, 1:48.991
5. @zmurko, 1:49.243
6. @Beez, 1:53.843
7. @omarcomin71, 1:56.499

Spoiler

EveVh-6XUAA68P6?format=jpg&name=large

Sultan RS:

1. @mulder, 2:33.031
2. @DavidCore89, 2:34.553
3. @SkyeDave, 2:35.578
4. @RammsteinDUDE, 2:36.858
5. @zmurko, 2:37.089
6. @Beez, 2:46.741

Spoiler

EveVkUzXUAc1AEM?format=jpg&name=large

* Had 2 laps of practice instead of 1!

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Just a bit of a heads up for SRL resuming next week, as we finish the championship tonight. We'll have a regular contact mixed class playlist next week with no restrictions apart from maybe a specific tier of cars on couple of tracks, as I won't have much time to plan out something more elaborate. Expect some Muscle, Sports Classics, Sports races and couple of other classes thrown in on around 8 bookmarked tracks, taking suggestions as well.

On 11th of April there will be no SRL, as we have a H2H scheduled. (https://www.rockstarsocialclub.net/forums/topic/22467-xdbx-vs-fear-april-11th/ )

On 18th of April we will run a Rallycross event with tracks built by RSC members in the Rallycross creators challenge. (https://www.rockstarsocialclub.net/forums/topic/22463-rallycross-creators-challenge/ )

I should hopefully have enough time to plan something different after that (25th), but you can probably expect more regular contact mixed class casual playlist with no specific theme in the near future as it's a pretty busy season for me on the "farm" here, as I have gardens to plant, stuff to build, areas still to clean, etc..., so I'm out all day and pretty knackered in the evenings to do anything.

Edited by zmurko
  • Like 6

Regulat SRL resumes tonight with a casual contact playlist, no specific cars needed, except one of the tracks has a restricted selection of (rally) cars.

Selected tracks for tonight:

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/playlists/playlist/Kj3jDVhiKECmGR5OIrdfMw

There will be a Compact, SUV, Super (something slower probably), a Rally, 2 Sports, 2 Muscle and 2 Sport Classic races. Most of the races should have no car limits, so anything goes. Aiming to have one of the Sports, one of the Muscles and one of the Sports Classics races limited to a slower tier though, but we'll work that out on the fly.

Hope to see many join tonight. There will be NO non-contact races, I promise. 😁

Usual time, usual place, ...

• Like 6

A couple exciting moments from this week.  Thanks @zmurkoI had fun! 

@RammsteinDUDEwith an amazing recovery. 

@SkyeDavewith the ever so slight tap sends me flying. It wasn’t necessary to wait up Dave but I appreciate it. 🙂 

Edited by omarcomin71
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings my fellow racers, unfortunately I bring bad news regarding this weeks SRL, as I have to cancel it and postpone the rallycross event to next week.

I won't be available to host this week due to IRL engagements.

If someone can step up and entertain you all with a racing PL of their own, please do, otherwise I'll see you all next Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, zmurko said:

Greetings my fellow racers, unfortunately I bring bad news regarding this weeks SRL, as I have to cancel it and postpone the rallycross event to next week.

I won't be available to host this week due to IRL engagements.

If someone can step up and entertain you all with a racing PL of their own, please do, otherwise I'll see you all next Sunday.

Since noone expressed interest in hosting and with a upcoming battle against a race-crew i would like to host a hour of racepractice. Five races, non-contact, hotlapping and talking tactics 😃

Would there be any interest?

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Lann said:

Since noone expressed interest in hosting and with a upcoming battle against a race-crew i would like to host a hour of racepractice. Five races, non-contact, hotlapping and talking tactics 😃

Would there be any interest?

I should be around for a bit of practice. 

• Like 1