SRL

zmurko

My dad and his friend were "supervisors" at a rally event and after it was over decided to try the course in our just newly acquired Fiat 750. They went off road and completely trashed the car, but both were very lucky and made it out unscratched. I must have been just a few years old.

Edited by zmurko
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, zmurko said:

Don't let me pick the remaining cars or we'll be racing in Fagaloas, Youga Classics, Blista Compacts, Reginas, Surfers, ... 😝

I almost picked the Regina cause it's picking up dust in my garage and that was the perfect time to use it for once 😄 

Thanks for racing last night everyone. Very fine selection of less used cars, I was quite impressed with them all and with a little bit of luck picking the tracks just before the PL, I think most of them even suited the cars used. I only messed up lap counts on 2 races, Issi Classic was too short and ETR1 was probably too long, though still enjoyable. That's what happens when you don't prepare for a PL in advance. :classic_happy:

This upcoming Sunday on SRL:

mlHRpef.png Grotti vs Pfister xzY7jYw.png

SHOWDOWN

We will once and for all decide which is better, a Ferrari or a Porsche. As it turns out, there's 3 sets of each manufacturers cars that are pretty close together on pace, which we will take full advantage of. The showdown will be in 3 tiers.

GT1:

Grotti Turismo R vs Pfister Comet RS

GT2:

Grotti Cheetah vs Pfister 811 or Pfister Neon

GT3:

Grotti Turismo Classic, Grotti Cheetah Classic or Grotti Carbonizzare vs Pfister Comet or Pfister Comet Retro Custom

Sign up for a Manufacturer (Grotti or Pfister) and have a custom car from each tier ready to race with on Sunday. We will aim to have the same number of drivers for each manufacturer. I'll assign myself last in case there's a need to balance the teams.

We will (hopefully) be using custom transform races in order to use different car classes in the same race, so unfortunately there can't be any car borrowing (unless there's a GTA mode available for transform races?). We will do 2 races for each tier. There will be one or two transform CPs near the start line, where you are to collect your car if its not in the class selected to race with. For example, in a Turismo R vs Comet RS, race will be set to Sports, so Pfister team selects their Comets at the car selection screen and Grotti team picks up their Turismos at the transform CP, then we'll form the grid and start the race (just like in Dave's Paleto Rally for those that have attended that event, just less transform CPs).

You will be collecting points for your chosen manufacturer and at the end of the night a winner will be declared, manufacturer that collects most points.

See you all on Sunday at a usual time (21:00 UTC) in a lobby 15 mins prior. Bring your favourite Grotti/Pfister car to the parking lot behind the Xero gas warehouse.

Grotti lineup:

Vvs5Qov.png 7fJ6jMd.png aww7Q5Q.png JhuaX5o.png nDaL9bj.png

Pfister lineup:

pHMnchO.png jMRdVhT.png nKnGNh5.png rEtLRCq.png bvyKTbp.png

• Like 6

9 hours ago, zmurko said:

You don't have a Turismo R??! 😱

No.  And I'm normally the one giving people grief for not having certain cars.  Is it a must have?  Have I committed some kind of faux pas?

• Like 1

Drivers for team Pfister so far:

mulder, Fido, Dave

Drivers for team Grotti so far:

DC, Lann, Schumi

Shaping up to be a strong field.

Tracks are coming up nicely so far (3 already built). They wont be the most elaborate, detailed or polished tracks, since I'm building them from scratch (most of them), but should still be decent, clean tracks with clear layouts.

I'll publish a PL once I'm done, probably tonight.

• Like 4