SRL

zmurko

11 minutes ago, omarcomin71 said:

Hey @zmurko I’d like to join today’s PL however I would be distracted watching NFL football.  Would that be a problem? 🙂

I don't think it's a problem. Only make sure you pick the Hotring sabre on the last race and we'll be starting on 30s in contact races.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

SRL is back this coming Sunday, as MMSC is finished.

I've updated the calendar with upcoming themes:

https://www.rockstarsocialclub.net/forums/topic/21816-srl/

We'll be running a so called Tier drop PL in Sports Classics first, as suggested by @Spinnaker1981 a while ago.  I'll have the details posted by tomorrow. In the meantime scour your garages and check on your Sports Classics. It'll help if you have a car in each racing Tier, but it is not completely necessary, as all races will be run in GTA mode, so you'll be able to borrow them too.

• Like 2

Sunday, 10th of January at 21:00 UTC (9PM UK, 10PM CET)

Tier Drop PL

How it works?

We all start in best of the class cars in the first race.

In the next race, everyone who finished in top half in the first race moves a tier down and uses a slighty slower car.

In the next race, again, everyone who finished in top half in the second race moves a tier down and uses a slighty slower car than in previous race.

We continue with this in every race after, so anyone that finishes in top half moves a tier down in the next race, all the way until the end of the playlist.

At some point we should in theory be all on the same pace, after our fastest drivers move enough tiers down to a slow enough car for their skill level.

What cars will we be using?

We'll be racing in Sports Classics all night, so here is a complete breakdown of tiers we'll be following:

First tier (S1)

Grotti Turismo Classic
Grotti Chettah Classic

Second tier (S2)

Dewbauchee Rapid GT Classic

Third tier (A)

Pegassi Infernus Classic
Vapid Retinue MkII
Benefactor Stirling GT
Ocelot sw*nger
Pegassi Torero

Fourth tier (B1)

Lampadati Viseris

Fifth tier (B2)

Annis Savestra
Vapid Retinue
Ubermacht Zion Classic
Lampadati Pigalle
Truffade Z-Type

Sixth tier (C)

Karin 190z
Lampadati Casco
Pegassi Monroe
Invetero Coquette Classic

Seventh tier (D)

Lampadati Michelli GT
Declasse Mamba
Grotti Stinger GT
Grotti GT500
RUNE Cheburek
Dewbauchee JB 700

Eighth tier (E)

Vulcar Nebula Turbo
Vapid Peyote Custom
Albany Franken Stange
Albany Roosevelt (Valor)
or anything slower from tiers F, G or H

I've used tiers breakdown by Mr. Brofi as a reference, but split 2 of them up so we don't need to dive into the horrible tiers of F, G or H. Therefore the worst you can be driving next Sunday in the last race (by finishing in top half in every race) is a Vulcar Nebula.

I have at least 1 car from every tier, so if there's a case that everyone who should be in a certain tier doesnt have any of the cars from that tier, I'll join them and spawn cars for all of them, but hopefully at least 1 driver in each tier will have a custom car from that tier.

Race procedure:

We'll wait at every start and make sure everyone has a custom car to use from a tier they're supposed to be racing with, so make sure to let us know if you don't have a custom car at any point to choose from, so someone will spawn one for you. Then we'll arrange a grid by letting slower tiers in front and faster tiers at the back and go on a sticky bomb explosion.

Tracks we'll be using (not necessarly in this order):

The Great Castle of Seeds by dnbwarrior13

Hazel Run by Fachuro

Blue Lagoon GP by dnbwarrior13

OI' 68 Grand Prix by Brady_Imawesome

Ad Legata by threejr3

West Mirror GP 2020 by soccerballin

Gordodrome 2019 by jbcarfreek

Chasing Ghosts by dirty4749

See you all on Sunday. I'll have a lobby open around 15mins before the start.

• Like 2

Don't forget about the Sports Classics Tierdrop PL tonight at 21:00 UTC (in around 5h).

40-goodwood-classic-cars.jpg?itok=WYoRvv

See you all there, should be fun, everyone's welcome from RSC.

I should have a lobby open 10-15mins before start time. Join me and bring your favourite (most gorgeous) classic car to the Xero gas warehouse parking lot.

• Like 5

@zmurkoI’d like to join but will be off mic for the most part. I hope that’ll be okay.  I’d also have to borrow any lower tiered car.
However I probably won’t move down much. 😁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zmurko said:

Can't she watch you race Sports Classics instead? It will last about the same, but there's gonna be more action, drama and humour than in any movie. 😒

She's done that the past 8 weeks so I'm gonna give her this one 😁

• Haha 1

Hey @zmurkothat was great fun, really enjoyed the format.  Thanks a lot for putting it together.  @Lann, hope you get that thumb sorted soon.  Remember if it's swollen to take advantage of the increased hitchhiking visibility.  

• Haha 1

Thanks for joining tonight everyone. There would have been more tier dropping with more drivers and probably a more balanced field. This way it wasn't so easy to finish in top half (top 3), but the concept still worked I think.

@Lann, definitely. I believe we should be good to try Muscles and Sports too, as we probably have plenty of custom cars in those classes as well.

I'll push the calendar a week ahead and squeeze a new theme in for next week, as I need to revisit the Grotti vs Pfister concept with a new Grotti car now available.

All the details to be posted tomorrow, but it's gonna be a mixed classes one-make PL with everyones favourite cars.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This upcoming Sunday on SRL:

Bring your (favourite) child to work

or putting it into GTA terms, select one of your cars you would like to race with and bring it to SRL.

Perhaps you have a car you really like/enjoy and would like to use it in a race, but you don't (often) get a chance to, or even if you do, you just realy really like to race with.

Now's your chance, select any custom car and we'll all use it in one race on Sunday. You can even pick a track to race on.

It must be available to use in a race and nothing from the open wheel class please. You have to own the car obviously.

Track must allow contact racing.

I'll have few tracks ready to use as well, so don't feel bad if you don't suggest a track. If you happen to select something from the Off-road class and don't include a track to race on, know that we'll most likely use it on a regular all tarmac track from a backup list.

We'll use first 8 cars suggested, so don't wait too long with your picks.

We'll than spawn our cars for anyone that doesn't own one as well and all race in the same car on each track.

See you all on Sunday.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2021 at 9:23 PM, SkyeDave said:

Brioso 300.  I've only raced it in the snow!

Maybe on this wee track of @JuniorChubbs?

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/job/gtav/UKKJFax_LEaoe1OTBvL00w

Police version of the Brioso 300 in Yugoslavia / Slovenia, I believe this one is from 1979.

ffd9dc_5083db6caf5546ec806a5ffd81ad0db9~

ffd9dc_b7dfe177e29d4f4e9edcae4a787e6666~

• Like 1