SRL

zmurko

Raceday! Last of the anniversary events tonight in Grapeseed.

tenor.gif?itemid=20098751

Check that your headlights are working, put on a fresh set of tires, warm up your hands and prepare for the cramps. 😁

Don't forget, we're meeting at the You Tool megastore for a picture of participants 15-20mins before the start of the race.

1 qualifying lap, 18 laps of the actual race with 2 mandatory pitstops.

See you all around 20:45 UTC up north all dressed up in your race cars.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zmurko said:

Of course. Everyone is welcome, room for 30. Just pick any of the listed (GT2) cars.

Cool, I'll be driving in a Banshee for Bean Machine. Might post a picture later.

• Like 1

Awesome @RammsteinDUDE!

Drivers so far entering the race:

@Con

@mulder with a Xero gas Invetero Coquette

@Fido_le_muet with a RON Pfister Comet

@Lann with a Giovanni's Grotti Carbonizzare

@DavidCore89 with a Hardcore Comic Store Bravado Banshee

@Beez with a Pisswasser Ubermacht Sentinel Classic

@omarcomin71 with a Bahama Mama's Dinka Jester Classic (?)

@SkyeDave with a Auto Exotic Karin Sultan

@zmurko with a Willie's Pfister Comet

and @RammsteinDUDE with a Bean Machine Bravado Banshee

Everyone is still very much welcome, signups will be running until last minute.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, RammsteinDUDE said:

spacer.png

I say Cappuci-YES!  We were worried you wouldn't make it but 'better latté than never'.

Edited by SkyeDave
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, BryannosaurusRex said:

I’m going to show up in a Sentinel Classic. It has a livery but I can’t remember which one. 

I don’t think the livery matters as much as the color matching your sponsors colors. I’m still on the road. I may miss the team photo. But I’ll show up. 

Although racing against myself for the most of the race it was fun! Got lucky in the first laps to stay out of trouble so I could create a gap, after that it was just racing with automatic pilot by not making mistakes.

• Like 5

Results from the You Tool 24h of Grapeseed Endurance race:

EtGGQl_XEAQoHip?format=jpg&name=small

Congratulations to everyone for enduring 48mins of a mediocre track and especially to @RammsteinDUDE for winning the race in a Bean Machine Bravado Banshee:

TA2C2_uaDU6I1lCk40AGfA_0_0.jpg?downsize=

Few snaps from the pre-race meet up in front of the You Tool megastore:

Spoiler

roIKgZJr0kSyQo0oBCVKdA_0_0.jpg?downsize=

pwHMF9yyNkOOkjEFmxWGkA_0_0.jpg?downsize=

_9YG36uThkK45eJmlJUnlQ_0_0.jpg?downsize=

95xtkWxGN0e6P7Z8WHhZnQ_0_0.jpg?downsize=

DMwUZoOxhESzLVlgF7jT_A_0_0.jpg?downsize=

q5zep_OIe02ih6lbZvwcow_0_0.jpg?downsize=

• Like 5

This upcoming Sunday on SRL we're going back to basics, as it's time for:

ORIGINAL MUSCLES

Remember 2014? Perhaps even the most popular crew car class? Remember when spoilers didn't do anything? When we didn't know or didn't care of Broughy's testing efforts? When we picked a car we liked and raced with it and it was somehow competitive? When you could steal a car off the street and upgrade it for cheap? Or when there were no stunt props, but lamp posts covered with concrete barriers or tire stacks? You don't?!

Well, let me assure you, it will all come back to you when you hop into one of these cars:

Vapid Dominator

350?cb=20160702195350

Imponte Ruiner

350?cb=20200616120635

Declasse Sabre Turbo

350?cb=20160308180541

Imponte Phoenix

350?cb=20160304230504

Bravado Gauntlet

350?cb=20160304225154

Albany Bucaneer

350?cb=20160406175914

Declasse Vigero

350?cb=20160305172506

And join us on some of the old school crew tracks that include plenty of dirt roads to challenge your skills of driving an unstable overpowered muscle car against others.

Have at least one of the listed cars ready to race (as there will be at least 1 non-contact race in the PL), but you are free to have and use as many of them as you like and switch between them from race to race. Maybe even ask to borrow some if you'd like to experience them all again, but don't own them anymore.

Only requirement is that if you use a Dominator or a Ruiner, they don't have a spoiler applied to make them balanced with other cars on the list. So if you own these two cars, please remove the spoiler before the PL on Sunday.

Fun fact: Imponte Phoenix is still one of the few cars you can't buy on any of the websites, but have to steal it off the streets. Grand Theft Auto is the name of the game afterall.

I'll post the playlist in the next couple of days. (unless you want it to remain a surprise?)

See you all on Sunday!

Edited by zmurko
  • Like 3