zmurko

24h OF GRAPESEED --> 24h OF GRAPESEED 2017

"With success of the Braddock Pass Circuit, folks from Grapeseed decided to invest the profits and renovate their most famous circuit, which held the inaugural XDBX 24h race in February 2015. What used to be a dangerous circuit is now a safe and very modern track with two completely rebuilt sections providing 4 fast and challenging blind turns. Investors did run out of money for a better pitlane and grandstands though."

NpNDHEt.jpg

RSC Link: https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/NT2QjqXeTEilNn0WF24OHQhw

Features of the track:

- 30 car grid

- set to 3 laps by default, lap should be just over 2:30 long in a sports car

- set to Sports cars by default (Also available: Compacts, Sedans, Coupes, Muscle, Sports Classics, Super, SUVs, Vans, Motorcycles, Off-road)

- there is a pit lane just before the end of the lap with health packs to repair any damage on your car (you need to run it as GTA to have that available, which is the default setting), if you miss it, you can turn into it when you complete the first (smaller) loop

- traffic from various parts of the lap joins together on two occasions on both highway stretches, so you'll be meeting cars throughout the race after few laps

Enjoy ir (or not)!

Showcase:

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, folks in Grapeseed have made a profit with the Braddock Pass Circuit and decided to invest it and renovate this famous circuit, which held the inaugural XDBX 24h race in February 2015.

It took a long time and a lot of money, so hopefully it was worth it. Layout remained almost the same, except for both hairpins, which were moved a little further ahead and raised to eliminate racing lines crossing each other at both places where traffic meets from various parts of the track. Cars now meet or split facing the same direction and at very similar speeds, so this should be much safer now. This turned all 4 turns onto and from the freeway into blind corners, but measures have been taken to make those turns fast and exciting as long as you know what lines to take. Both sides of freeway are still shared, so you'll still be meeting traffic from various parts of the track.

Unfortunately investors ran out of money for a more sophisticated pitstop and for grandstands. There is a simple pitstop on the right side just before the finish line and you can still use it twice in the same lap, just like before the renovation.

Before the renovation:

uEGAAjr.jpg

After the renovation (notice the amount of purple dots):

NpNDHEt.jpg

Updates:

- new 30 car grid
- added all new stock cars
- rebuilt all of the turns (some have been resurfaced, some extended, rumble strips and new barriers have been added)
- new pitlane
- both hairpins have been moved and raised
- slightly new name of the track and new description
- OP updated

Track is now ready to host 24h races again.

All and any feedback is welcome and appreciated. :)

Track showcase:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Beez said:

Why the slow down strips at the end of pit lane? Wouldn't it be safer to have the car more fully up-to-speed when re-entering the track?

It can be dangerous exiting the pitlane as well, as you already build enough speed and with the glowing wrenches there, it's hard to notice the end of it and all the barriers there, so I've added the slow down strips to help with this (and I usually use 2-3 in the pitlane anyway, to make you lose at least 5-10 seconds.

I guess you should try and drive onto the hard shoulder when exiting the pits until you build up some speed. I'll see if I can remove some dynamic props and perhaps add few traffic cones there to block it for the cars already on the track and warn them about cars coming from the pits.

Oh, and I've found a photo of the participating cars from the first race that was held on the original circuit: :)

0_0.jpg

I think it's only missing Fido's Coquette, since he couldn't join the free-roam lobby, but he did manage to join the actual race.

Hopefully we can have another race on the new circuit with most of the original participants soon:

- @DeaD_GooN (winner)
- @Dodge (2nd place)
- @Onrefne (3rd)
- @Fido_le_muet
- @Banketelli
- @Nejcm17
- @silenttigercd
- @Torrid
- @chawallace66
- @ssracingn2
- @Beez
- @Gooner