What did you do today?

JustHatched

More of what I did yesterday resulting in a lot of pain today. Went to the races to waste some money gambling. Something I rarely do. It was planned as an all day pissed up event with a few cheeky bets on the side. Budgetted myself £150 for the day including drinking and betting money.

1st race, bet £10 won £30. Thought nice start, lost on the next two races. 4th race won £60 and in the final race won £20. Came out with a profit of about £10 including what I had spent on drinks and food whilst I was there.

We then went out in the town afterwards. Spent the lot on tequila and rum. Oops! :D

• Like 4

I've just eaten a whole tube of Pringles and a box of 24 Jaffa Cakes. My sense of achievement is rapidly turning into a feeling of nausea...

• Like 3

Working on a papercraft t-rex skull! I still need to finish the teeth though which are going to take forever : CRY :

That's freaking amazing I love dinosaurs and if those bombers are yours, double win.

Is that a liberator? I just like planes, don't know much about.

• Like 1

Nah I wish! Those are actually my dad's. He's a HUGE fan of model airplanes...what you see there is just the tip of the iceberg, they're literally all over the house.

• Like 1

Got up early and put my old truck on the lift. Changed engine oil and filters, changed fuel filters, changed tranny fluid and filters and rotated the tires and inspected the brakes. A nice productive morning.

• Like 4

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Tried to survive another day from hell. July's been awful so far and its not looking good for at least another week. : THIRST :

Not your ideal inside temperature:

7TMsyUf.jpg

Think that's 89 for you NA folks.

Does anyone from up north have a spare room for another month or so? I see some lovely below 20 degrees C weather in Scandinavia.  ^_^

BRING BACK THE WINTER!

89 degrees is nothing.  :P

But if you don't normally get that kind of weather, I can understand your pain.  Is there humidity involved too?

I dont mind that kind of temperatures OUTSIDE, but definitely not pleasant having them inside an appartment (it gets really stuffy, since opening a window makes things even worse).

Think it was around 36/37 C outside today (97 F).

Oh ok, yuck!  Now I got you.  I thought you meant it was 89 degrees outside.  That's really uncomfortable.

Last few days here have been 90F with 85-90% humidity.. what a treat..

SO far today I made a 300 mile round trip to go pick up some flowers that Rose needed for a funeral at 9:00 tomorrow morning.

Yesterday I installed a pool that she bought.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Oh ok, yuck!  Now I got you.  I thought you meant it was 89 degrees outside.  That's really uncomfortable.

This time of year, my buddy and I would work from 10pm to 8am out in the shop in Phoenix with a huge swamp cooler blowing on us. It was quite comfortable, even though temps never got below 90 outside.

Edited by zztop911

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

It's been almost a month since I last went out on my bike. A month since I tasted those sweet crunchy flies, felt like my lungs have collapsed and my heart is gonna burst out of my chest. So off I went.......normally I have a good idea of where I'm headed and how far I want to go, but for one reason or another today was different.

Anyway, at 13 or 14 miles I hit the wall, not an actual wall (or even a fictional wall like the one that kept the wildlings seperate from the rest of Westeros) but an imaginary wall which, technically speaking, means you're knackered and your body is saying "let's just sit down and have a nice cup of tea". I kept going though (I had to, I was miles from home) and eventually clocked just over 20 miles and it took me just under 2 hours. Not that impressive, but I am old, lazy and unfit, it was predominantly loose gravel with some killer hills and it was 2 hours non-stop (that's plenty of excuses).

For the stat fans(and in case a IRL 20mile bike ride is next weeks crew challenge....

bQSta1r.jpg

• Like 6

Tried to survive another day from hell. July's been awful so far and its not looking good for at least another week. : THIRST :

Not your ideal inside temperature:

7TMsyUf.jpg

Think that's 89 for you NA folks.

Does anyone from up north have a spare room for another month or so? I see some lovely below 20 degrees C weather in Scandinavia. ^_^

BRING BACK THE WINTER!

18 C and a breeze, welcome!