What did you do today?

JustHatched

Been watching meteor showers. Well mainly a huge section of blank sky and lots of light pollution but I did see one huge epic meteor though which looked like it was on its way to wipe out France (sorry Fido)

Went to pick up the new car with my parents. I personally hate it, but they love it. I think its a Mazda CX9. We were about to buy the Infinity QX60, but the manager pissed my parents off because he wouldn't speak English to them (only French)  :lol:

Been watching meteor showers. Well mainly a huge section of blank sky and lots of light pollution but I did see one huge epic meteor though which looked like it was on its way to wipe out France (sorry Fido)

Jealous!  I'd love to see our meteor shower, but I live in Las Vegas.  There's also a street light from the community behind us shining into our backyard.  Doubt I'll see a single one.  That's one thing I miss about Wisconsin.  We could drive out to the country and lay in the back of a pickup truck and watch meteor showers for hours.  So fun.

Went to pick up the new car with my parents. I personally hate it, but they love it. I think its a Mazda CX9. We were about to buy the Infinity QX60, but the manager pissed my parents off because he wouldn't speak English to them (only French)  :lol:

For shame!  I would love to get an Infiniti SUV, since I'm sure the Range Rover I want will forever be out of our price range.  :lol:

Anyway, I enjoyed some nice fresh air in my backyard.  I was out there late enough to see the bats come out.  Now I'm going to watch a couple of episodes of House of Cards before bed.  And I'm really hoping I pass out and wake up all happy and not cranky.  :P

For shame!  I would love to get an Infiniti SUV, since I'm sure the Range Rover I want will forever be out of our price range.  :lol:

We actually did look at the Range Rover Evoque, but for what we wanted, was also out of our price range :D 

I didn't see it :D

I did the same thing yesterday but all I saw was a few stars in between a sea of clouds...

I just got back from a bike ride. In fact it was more than just a bike ride, it was a race.........a fucking EPIC race, Me versus The Sun! That's right, a middle aged couch potato on a cheapo mountain bike against the 4.6 billion year old giant ball of plasma. Actually, it wasn't as exciting as that, I just wanted to get round my pre-determined route before it got dark to eliminate the risk of being run over, mauled by bears (hey, you never know) or worse.....heckled by drunk teenagers. To achieve this, I worked out I would need to average more than 11mph. I NEVER average 11mph normally........

FUCK YOU SUN!!!!! (See you in the morning)

vWkTDjn.jpg

Although, I was almost beat.....

svqhJ4f.jpg

• Like 8

Took my daughter shopping with me for all of her back to school needs.  She also tagged along to the grocery store.  Five billion dollars later, I am back home and relaxing.

Torrid gave me my birthday gift a day early.  Upgraded my Fitbit Flex to a Fitbit Charge HR.  It was much needed.  Somehow I kept tearing the bands to my Flex and would always need to replace them.  My band tore again two days ago, so it was nice to get an upgraded version.  He's lucky I didn't purchase another replacement band while at Target today.  I would have, but forgot because I had a super excited six year old with me who would not stop talking about the Wii U games she could play for a bit.

• Like 1

I actually caught a glimpse of the meteor shower (if you can call a few meteors a meteor shower) last night. It was 4am, I stepped outside, noticed that the lampposts in front of our block of flats weren't working, turned my eyes to the sky and voilà! - clear sky, lots of stars and suddenly - a meteor, and then another! Luck shined upon me! After 30 seconds I saw a third one and after that no more. It was a nice surprise indeed.

Edited by Protocawl
  • Like 3

Played hockey for the first time in 3 months... Felt so good. Then my dad brought me to Jukebox Burgers where I had a poutine burger (buttered bun, meat patty, lettuce, and poutine). Probably one the most Canadian day I've had in a while :D

• Like 1

Yesterday I started my second week of working out on my lunch break, after a long inactive period.

Already feels good about it, even though its just like 30 minutes of actually being active it makes a big difference to me.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Enjoyed the great British Summer at a cricket match.

MV9SbBy.jpg

explanation for those from non-cricketing parts of the world

those are the covers they bring on to protect the pitch from rain

I found this strange creature next to me struggling to acclimatise to the temperature. She claimed to be my wife!

Q7PgKxf.jpg

Ulitmately it all turned out for the best despite the cold and rain as my side, Derbyshire, won, beating Worcestershire by 49 runs.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 4

Yesterday I spent most of the afternoon at the hospital.

My wife is pregnant and due on the 24th of this month so this was the last check-up. She hadn't been feeling him (or her) moving much so we had to have extra scans etc.

Everything is good though. Cant wait to be a dad again. Been 12 years since my youngest was born, going to be a bit of a culture shock for the first week or so.

• Like 7

Congrats Rick

Me, I did a tomography today, pretty cool stuff and feels like a human turbine. Then I went on to miss a hand shake with the Doctor/technician and we ended up doing a conan one... pretty awkward, but I'm pretty sure he was the one who missed.

• Like 1

Dropped my daughter off for her first day of school.  She started first grade today.  She was in half day kindergarten last year, so it's weird having her gone all day now.

Finished The Order 1886. Not a game I would recommend. The game itself was very short, hell the credits at the end took longer than it did to beat the game.

Down in texas for the next few days. Flew in yesterday afternoon and am staying til thursday night. Down here for vpp confrencrs for work

• Like 1

Today was spent in the hospital.

My wife gave birth to a girl. Doublely brilliant day to have her as today would have been my dads 58th birthday, so its nice that my daughter has the same birthday, gutted they'll never get to meet though.

We've called her Molly Claire, she was born at 10.06 weighing in at 7lb 10oz.

Edited by PompeyRick78
  • Like 9

Today was spent in the hospital.

My wife gave birth to a girl. Doublely brilliant day to have her as today would have been my dads 58th birthday, so its nice that my daughter has the same birthday, gutted they'll never get to meet though.

We've called her Molly Claire, she was born at 10.06 weighing in at 7lb 10oz.

Congratulations!