What did you do today?

JustHatched

Tell them to go back home.

Sorry about your injury. :( You'll be missed at the PB birthday bash today.

Aw, fanx Jag!

My parents arrived yesterday and I'm not sure how long they're here for. Then my sister and family are coming here on Friday for a week!

Edited by TheBoyBry

Had my Shark night, 3 Headed Shark Attack followed by the EPIC Sharknado 3. Definitely a film worth checking out, I really think they could go for full cinema distribution with the next one as they are getting very mainstream. Some very high profile cameo's in there. Started watching Zombie Shark but after 10 minutes realised that they were trying to make it a serious film so put on Sharktopus vs Pteracuda instead. 

• Like 2

Today I am celebrating Yorkshire Day. For those who don't know, Yorkshire is the county where I live and it's the equivalent of a state in America. As far as I'm aware not many other counties in England have their own day, it's just another thing that makes being a Tyke unique!

I want you all to don your flat caps, eat Yorkshire puddings and start drinking ale while racing ferrets. I'll leave you with an image of the flag and a video of the Yorkshire anthem.

Yorkshire-Flag.gif

Skip to 2:15 to hear Brian Blessed rapping!

Edited by Squirrel_Army
  • Like 3

I skived off work today and am attempting to join an assume crew ^^

Today I am celebrating Yorkshire Day. For those who don't know, Yorkshire is the county where I live and it's the equivalent of a state in America. As far as I'm aware not many other counties in England have their own day, it's just another thing that makes being a Tyke unique!

I want you all to don your flat caps, eat Yorkshire puddings and start drinking ale while racing ferrets. I'll leave you with an image of the flag and a video of the Yorkshire anthem.

sir i need no more reason to eat some awesome yorkshire puddings!

recette-e20189-yorkshire-puddings.jpg

thank you Yorkshire people, you the real MVP

OOOOOOO ARRRR

• Like 3

Competitive Thursday, TDM madness 8pm GMT

Had my Shark night, 3 Headed Shark Attack followed by the EPIC Sharknado 3. Definitely a film worth checking out, I really think they could go for full cinema distribution with the next one as they are getting very mainstream. Some very high profile cameo's in there. Started watching Zombie Shark but after 10 minutes realised that they were trying to make it a serious film so put on Sharktopus vs Pteracuda instead. 

Check out this spoof movie trailer from The Adam Carolla Show.

https://soundcloud.com/dawsangeles/hurrigator-movie-trailer

• Like 1

Today, I drove on the circuit of Le Mans. Only the public road part though but still !

About 75% of the 24 hours track is on public roads.

Not my first time but this time I could snap pics :D

Entrance of the Hunaudières straight. Actual track is on the right behind the white fence.

hNzzUFy.jpg

First chicane. Notice the braking zone.

NpafrtH.jpg

Second chicane (on the left). Obviously, the public road doesn't go through the chicanes and go straight instead.

OS680fj.jpg

Mulsanne corner at the end of the Hunaudières on the right. The actual road goes straight into a roundabout.

a68P2US.jpg

Exit of Mulsanne and into another long straight.

uctWXKy.jpg

Entering Indianapolis.

XmWqP6S.jpg

Indianapolis. Very hard turn even for me in my small Ford Fiesta. Really have to turn the wheel.

VZV5C5R.jpg

Arnage. There's a STOP sign so had to stop. The race cars don't.

fgcVumL.jpg

Another straight going to Maison Blanche.

8yixkkU.jpg

Just before entering the Porsche esses.

iW6gWIU.jpg

This is not part of the track but you can see the seating areas along the main straight on the right.

J4xFP3T.jpg

• Like 11

Way cool Fido! I've been playing Real Racing 3 for the iPad for a long time and it has The Le Mans track so those turns all look familiar. Grid on the PS3 also has the track and I'd drive that with a Logitech wheel & pedals.

Going to see the 24 Hours is on my bucket list, I love that race.

If anyone wants to see a cool behind the scenes documentary look for Truth in 24 and Truth in 24 II. I think they are free on Netflix, iTunes, etc. And of course there's the Steve McQueen movie.

• Like 1

Worked a 12 hour shift last night was basically up for 20 hours slept for 3 hours this morning loaded the truck up and the family headed out. Drove from pennsylvania to Virginia we are staying here til sunday doing busch gardens and water country usa.

Drive was actually really good somehow didnt hit any traffic and made it here in 5hrs flat with 1 stop for lunch

• Like 3

Worked a 12 hour shift last night was basically up for 20 hours slept for 3 hours this morning loaded the truck up and the family headed out. Drove from pennsylvania to Virginia we are staying here til sunday doing busch gardens and water country usa.

Drive was actually really good somehow didnt hit any traffic and made it here in 5hrs flat with 1 stop for lunch

Enjoy your vacation!  :D

I'm about to throw a "mommy party"  (whatever the F that is...) because tomorrow is my daughter's last day of kindergarten.  No more driving in construction daily to take her to/from school.  OK, so I lied... I get a two week break (depending on what track she gets assigned to--12 month school) from the crappy roads.

• Like 1

Going to see the 24 Hours is on my bucket list, I love that race.

Be sure to tell me if you do go to Le Mans.

I'll gladly go with you !

• Like 1

Went to Chinatown and had some yumcha and bubble tea, was so full I could barely breathe lol - also went to a pet store before heading home, where I got harassed by multiple birds, including a massive ass macaw - which was absolutely gorgeous. 

http://imgur.com/KdlPPJc

http://imgur.com/u0cmzUp

Edited by HoTWiiReD
  • Like 2

Went to Wrigley Field to watch a Cubs game. Can cross that off the bucket list now.

EDIT more drunk spelling.

Edited by Chewy
  • Like 1

Not today, but yesterday, went to see some art. Not really my first choice of things to do, but my wife is quite into things like this.

Anthony Gormley's "Another Place". 100 cast iron life size sculptures standing on Crosby beach (just north of Liverpool, England). Almost all of them get completely submerged at high tide, so the corrosion and barnacles are all part of the art work.

A few of my photos

AaJGQuE.jpg

piEgP8n.jpg

bQBGCLN.jpg

Lkr8S4i.jpg

QPSkKYi.jpg

h4cEqSn.jpg

• Like 6

awesome pictures! i dont know about you but the barnacles ect all over them makes them really unsettling to me :E like the first one, straight out of one of my nightmares

Went to Chinatown and had some yumcha and bubble tea, was so full I could barely breathe lol - also went to a pet store before heading home, where I got harassed by multiple birds, including a massive ass macaw - which was absolutely gorgeous. 

http://imgur.com/KdlPPJc

http://imgur.com/u0cmzUp

Yum cha ftw ? i love any tea based eating especially when Dim Sum is thrown in the mix xD

Edited by Pen0sIRE
  • Like 1

Competitive Thursday, TDM madness 8pm GMT

awesome pictures! i dont know about you but the barnacles ect all over them makes them really unsettling to me :E like the first one, straight out of one of my nightmares

yeh they do kind of leave you expecting a hand to suddenly move and grab you

yeh they do kind of leave you expecting a hand to suddenly move and grab you

I saw those when they first went in. Didn't realise they looked like that now. Creepy!

I've just been out for Sunday roast at one of the local pubs with some friends who are down my way on holiday. I didn't know they were until a message from them on Friday evening. Good to catch up after just over a year since I last saw them and an little spin in their awesome camper :-)

11046358_10155924799265444_1985397329913

• Like 2

Yum cha ftw ? i love any tea based eating especially when Dim Sum is thrown in the mix xD

Love me some Yum cha, the food where I go is absolutely insane (always a trolley of food driving past lol) - all sorts of dim sums, from prawn, scallop, crab, pork, etc... Literally heaven :P 

I took delivery of this today.

12A15939-296C-4151-A5C8-78F9DD911347.jpg

Every hipsters mode of transportation, the fixie bike! Bit of an impulse buy as it's not the most practical of bikes with all the hills around these parts! but there is an old WW2 airfield and a reservoir very close to me which will be ideal for doing circuits round. I need to exercise more and I've always found cycling more interesting than the gym and jogging.

• Like 2