• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• JuniorChubb

• Realjaysee

• Potato

5 minutes ago, FinDNF said:

Can you make me a reserve for anyone? If every team is full already

The team in most need of a reserve at the moment is Fruit Performance, that team has a couple of members who will struggle to attend all races due to family commitments. No drivers in that team actually made it to the opening race. 

I'll keep allowing sign ups and for players to join in the races. I can extend number of players per team to 4 but I will have to assign new players to the teams in most need of an extra player due to having drivers with other commitments.

Drivers who signed up before the start of the season will have priority over those who join later. Depending on the number of reserves it is likely that extra drivers should be able to take part in the race. There were 9 spaces available in the first race.

Individual scores will still count regardless of team membership.

Edited by Squirrel
  • Like 2

Just now, Lann said:

Do we get to use the regular Comet at some point @Squirrel ?

It's a one make race series dedicated to the Comet Retro. No other cars will be used in this championship. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, acdc_sw said:

@Squirrel Maybe you should update your tracks to ensure that we could not take the curbs, just an idea...

Not possible due to prop limits. The tracks I've made already have the maximum number and most of the others will also be there.

Avoiding all kerbs isn't possible either as they do form the racing line on all corners. Catalunya is one of the most open tracks, we're heading in to one of the tightest and most enclosed tracks. The Monaco barriers will claim many victims so I don't think we will see any of the same issues as Catalunya. I will be publishing a guide showing where it is acceptable to use kerbs and where it isn't on this track.

To help with the video issue and removal of doubt when viewing if you can stream your footage via youtube or twitch it is a lot more reliable than using the PS4 recording which is known to have problems skipping footage since the last major update. If your internet is already on the shaky side I would avoid streaming the possibilities of lag affecting races.

Check your video settings and make sure you can record at least 30 minutes in one go, preferably the last hour. I have no problem going back and watching lots of race footage after each one. 

• Like 2

@Squirrel just a bit of clarification, (not questioning the stewards decisions)

" Collisions do happen and even though AC couldn't let DJ take the place back he should have still slowed down to wait for DJ to rejoin or have at least issued an apology and recognition of fault over the incident.  "

Surely an apology alone is not enough and in that situtaion a driver has to slow down and wait for the car they hit to rejoin the track before they resume racing?

Just now, djw180 said:

@Squirrel just a bit of clarification, (not questioning the stewards decisions)

" Collisions do happen and even though AC couldn't let DJ take the place back he should have still slowed down to wait for DJ to rejoin or have at least issued an apology and recognition of fault over the incident.  "

Surely an apology alone is not enough and in that situtaion a driver has to slow down and wait for the car they hit to rejoin the track before they resume racing?

Going forward this is the best course of action in such a case. Most collisions on track were resolved on the spot but they were between cars racing for position. Lapped cars need to be treated the same as any other car on track. If you do take them off even if you can't give them the place back at least make sure you have waited until they return to track even if this means compromising your race position.

As this wasn't made clear beforehand the championship only a warning was issued. We are all aware of this now and it will be the kind of incident the stewards will be taking action on. 

The other problem with resolving this incident was the lack of footage from the other point of view. If only one side can be seen then the stewards have to act on that alone. If the driver at fault thinks the collision is down to lag then they will need to have video to back up the statement either from their view or someone else in close proximity on track. 

• Like 2

I think we should have a little "gentlemen rule" : if you are fighting for position, you start lapping cars and the one in front of you loses some time due to lapping, dont overtake. Same for people who are getting lapped.

irl, this happens quite often, but as we dont have mirrors in the game, lapping cars will always be more difficult than irl.

An other gentlemen rule : if you (accidentally or not) hit a curb on a straight, dont overtake the one in front of you who didnt

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Realjaysee said:

I think we should have a little "gentlemen rule" : if you are fighting for position, you start lapping cars and the one in front of you loses some time due to lapping, dont overtake. Same for people who are getting lapped.

An other gentlemen rule : if you (accidentally or not) hit a curb on a straight, dont overtake the one in front of you who didnt

I disagree with that. If you lose time while lapping a car and someone passes you, I say that's part of racing. No need to hold back.

29 minutes ago, Realjaysee said:

I 100% agree with that however. :)

Just wanted to say that I really like how you handle all of this @Squirrel.

The stewarts panel is a brilliant addition to the series and like many others have said before, things will get better from here now that people are more aware of the rules.

Really looking forward to the rest of the season. It is an awesome racing event !

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Squirrel said:

The team in most need of a reserve at the moment is Fruit Performance, that team has a couple of members who will struggle to attend all races due to family commitments. No drivers in that team actually made it to the opening race. 

I'll keep allowing sign ups and for players to join in the races. I can extend number of players per team to 4 but I will have to assign new players to the teams in most need of an extra player due to having drivers with other commitments.

Drivers who signed up before the start of the season will have priority over those who join later. Depending on the number of reserves it is likely that extra drivers should be able to take part in the race. There were 9 spaces available in the first race.

Individual scores will still count regardless of team membership.

So im in Fruit Performance? 

Guest Trashbags

Hi all Thanx for letting me join the cup was a great first event shame I had my little problem with checkpoints next time I try to remember to record as reading some of the thread they are important tools for stewards and good to watch for tips as I'm still learning really looking forward to the next one thx for u work with the cup squirrel much appreciation from me and others I am sure great work 

Before each race I will be writing up a drivers briefing explaining what is going to be acceptable and what isn't in terms of kerb use. I'll be using different drivers with more skill than myself to create a video for each track so everyone can see what to look for. This way there can be no confusion or misinterpretation over the rules.

• Like 4

To the case of curb boosting in the first race: In my case it was a misapprehension. In the starting event (the one we tested all tracks in a row) we where told that curb boosting is okay if you try to get back to the pack. I had a pretty good position in the early laps of the race and then got pushed out three times and even crashed into a pole due to that. Thats the point when i started to curb boost to avoid even the dnf because i thought we were allowed to do that. Perhaps i got it wrong cause english is not my main language. I accept a punishment if you wish for but i think it makes no sence because i came in 21th place and earned 0 points.

Another point to the very fast guys. Please take more care when overlapping. I cant make space in the same corner I noticed you. Thats totaly impossible and you all know we have no rear mirrors. There is no need to push me out of the corner and ruin my race. You are more then fast enough to catch me on the straights.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tremonius said:

To the case of curb boosting in the first race: In my case it was a misapprehension. In the starting event (the one we tested all tracks in a row) we where told that curb boosting is okay if you try to get back to the pack. I had a pretty good position in the early laps of the race and then got pushed out three times and even crashed into a pole due to that. Thats the point when i started to curb boost to avoid even the dnf because i thought we were allowed to do that. Perhaps i got it wrong cause english is not my main language. I accept a punishment if you wish for but i think it makes no sence because i came in 21th place and earned 0 points.

Another point to the very fast guys. Please take more care when overlapping. I cant make space in the same corner I noticed you. Thats totaly impossible and you all know we have no rear mirrors. There is no need to push me out of the corner and ruin my race. You are more then fast enough to catch me on the straights.

The rules on kerb boosting and where you can go on kerbs and when you can't is being refined to make sure it's clear for everyone.

The issue of care while lapping is also being watched. If you feel there was an issue just save the video and let myself know so it can be reviewed, same for everyone in any case. 

I just watched the video acdc shot from his race and i found the point where I got kicked of the track. In his video that just didn't happen and i could see my car just driving straight on the track instead of slamming into the pole. In the video of ACDC it looks like I am the one who hit the leader and i am really sad that i havent recorded my version of the case. when I watch it I think it was a real bad lag and nobody did it by intention. To describe my version of screen: The leader hit me from the right and not like in ACDCs video from the left. I think the spontanious movement of my car to the left is the result from that hit.

• Like 1

I finally watched some parts of all the videos, and tbh im very suprised. 

A lot of people did some intentional curb boosts. I even saw myself doing it much more than i thought.... I guess its a kind of habbit...

Maybe i watched the wrong parts of the video's (cos i didnt watched them all till the end) but i think that acdc an br didnt do much worse than some others.

• Like 3

Just now, Tremonius said:

I just watched the video acdc shot from his race and i found the point where I got kicked of the track. In his video that just didn't happen and i could see my car just driving straight on the track instead of slamming into the pole. In the video of ACDC it looks like I am the one who hit the leader and i am really sad that i havent recorded my version of the case. when I watch it I think it was a real bad lag and nobody did it by intention. To describe my version of screen: The leader hit me from the right and not like in ACDCs video from the left. I think the spontanious movement of my car to the left is the result from that hit.

This is the reason why I want as many people to have recorded footage as possible. Lag is a big problem in contact racing, what you see on your screen may be completely different to what someone sees on theirs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

This is the reason why I want as many people to have recorded footage as possible. Lag is a big problem in contact racing, what you see on your screen may be completely different to what someone sees on theirs. 

Yeah I will definetly record the next race to make sure I can proove I am not guilty if someones race gots ruined by the fake version of me :-D

Would it help the stewards if we make an extra thread just for posting those videos? Perhaps somebody likes video cutting that much that he wants to make a best of video of a race where the best scenes are cut together. I would definetly watch it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tremonius said:

Would it help the stewards if we make an extra thread just for posting those videos? Perhaps somebody likes video cutting that much that he wants to make a best of video of a race where the best scenes are cut together. I would definetly watch it.

We've got a dedicated video section on the site. Feel free to add any videos there. If you tag the video as Supercup it will make them easier to find.

http://www.domesticbatterygaming.com/videos/

• Like 2

Right, so basically I've been reluctant to upload this because I don't really want to upset anyone about the way I raced, but anyway...

This is my POV of the race with nothing mysteriously edited out. I know I'm probably going to get a grilling off some of you, but I'm an honest person and I can take that. Also I don't really care about getting points docked as I'm here to enjoy myself, but yes I do want to play by the rules. I didn't realise that kerb boosting would cause this much of an issue, as we were told before the race that you could use the kerbs on the entrances, apexes, and exits of corners and that that was acceptable. From reading the thread everyone has their own opinion on what's acceptable and what's not. From what I gathered I thought we could use kerbs on the racing line, but people seem to be unhappy about this also. My interpretation of 'no kerb boosting' was that you are not allowed to weave on and off the kerb down the straights, which I didn't do. But from someone who came from NoDo and who has been kerb boosting on races for years, this is basically nothing compared to what I used to do, and what everyone in NoDo does, so you can see how it got lost in translation. It's a habit that's hard to kick, and even harder when the kerbs make up the racing line. My only solution to this would be to move the checkpoints away from the apexes of corners, so that if you hit the kerb, you miss the checkpoint.

On another note, to everyone saying 'lap me on a straight, you're quicker than me', we are all in the same car and all go the same top speed. If you are on the racing line coming out of a corner before a straight and I'm following you, how do you expect me to be faster than you on the straight? I was tailgating people on straights and no one lifted off to let me past. ...and before i get told that lapped cars are meant to stay on the racing line, @Squirrel said on the night that we were racing under blue flag conditions.

Notable moments in my video:
0:06 - @acdc_sw's incredible start.
1:24 & 2:54 - just showing how much of an advantage you get if you hit the kerb coming out of the last corner. Absolutely nothing wrong with what @BRacer and @Mythaga did as they were on the racing line, it was just annoying having the overspeed out of a corner which got negated by kerb boosting.
1:55 - Collision with @BRacer (I gave the place back)
5:43 - @Realjaysee's incredible flip (turns out there is a use for the ridiculously huge spoilers... they help you land flips)
18:02 - Collision with @Tremonius - I didn't give the place back because at the time I felt that we could both get round the pole and he turned right as I was next to him on the racing line. On reflection this probably was my fault and I should've waited (sorry @Tremonius)
24:40 - Rear ending my own teammate
25:40 - Lapping of @Squirrel - Compare this to @Squirrel's video - you can clearly hear me honk the horn to let him know I was there, whereas on his video, you can barely hear the horn and he had no idea I was there.

(P.s.) I'm not sure if my racing was ok or not regarding kerb boosting, as I've only watched a few seconds of other peoples videos. So please tell me if the way I drove included too much kerb boosting.
(P.p.s.) If you're actually going to sit there and watch the whole video, I'd advise skipping laps 5-12 as it's very boring and lonely.

• Like 8

Not Problem Potato, I tried to make space for you because I thought you were way closer like it looks in your video. Then my way back on the track was blocked. What I learned from that collision is that I never ever will make space again in a corner when it comes to overlapping. It always brings me to the weak position where i get easily slammed out of the track. Overlapping of my car will be only possible on straights in the future for my own safety. Overlapping in corners is just way to dangerous for me.

@Potato : I agree with every single word you said! 

Getting lapped is also a skill though (just like irl), you got to check your rear, dont loose too much time, stay on the track, don't accidentally let someone else pass... As we race with difficult skill levels, I think it will always be tricky to lap someone. Even if we would all be your skill level, there would be issues with it.

• Like 2