Pfister Supercup (Squirrel)

Skorpion

Sounds like a plan Squirrel, make sure we sit and wait a bit so you finish well early and get prepped. We can just play mind games with each other on the grid...

@Realjaysee Love the picture :) made me decide to post some of mine...

C_3ZFmvXoAIjlCY.jpg

C_3ZFnbWsAIk4-T.jpg

@LimeGreenLegend & @Tremonius don't forget to get your XERO tags on tonight :)

@Squirrel do you have a podium job for the winners? If you're interested (and I get the time) I can knock up a quick race job with a podium, once the races is done the top 3 racers and those who want pics join the podium race. We all get out and grab some pics of the winners and their cars via editor. We used to do this with an old PS3 capture job with a few bikini clad girls, I thought being able to pose with you own car would be more fitting with this though.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 2

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• JuniorChubb

• Realjaysee

• Potato

1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

I do have a race podium but it's nothing special. It's on that mini oval I created. If you're interested to create one you're welcome to. Only requirement I would have is Atomic branding as they are the series sponsors. 

I might get a shot at about 8pm, try and squeeze it in...

It can work really well, but it will be dependant on the first 3 racers being willing to get involved. Would be nice at the end to have a winner pic for each round though.

Awesome pics @JuniorChubb !

Made a video to get the curb boosting sorted out (starts at 1.09) : 

I think it's all ok, EXCEPT : 1:31, 1:59 as I made a little move to the outside

(Ignore my driving skills on 1:39 :P )

What do you think @Squirrel ?

• Like 4

Video above is a good example of using kerbs on the racing line, it's the limit of what I'd expect to be good kerb use. Nothing wrong with the above, there were points when the car went off track but instead of staying on the kerbs you moved back on line as soon as possible. We can't expect everyone to stay within the white lines at the times, too much speed will mean you're going to go off track just don't hog the kerbs on the way back in.

Catalunya Qualifying:

B Racer 01:21.440
Random Potato 01:22.985
acdc_sw 01:23.191
Fido_le_muet 01:24.076
JC10110 01:24.221
SquirrelArmy 01:24.787
Starmonkeykiller 01:24.981
Lann 01:25.124
Mythaga 01:25.130
Sagrawa 1.25.386
Clydicality 01:25.600
Zmurko 1.25.779
Junior Chubb 01:25.865
Xutek6651 01:25.944
Trashbags1980 01:26.475
DavidCore89 01:27.019
djw180 01:27.461
PaulieWantsBlood 01:28.532
Tremonius 01:28.650
beez 01:30.637
Edited by Squirrel
  • Like 1

Was this @XuTek6651 making a mistake on the last corner just before we DNFed? This one could be tricky to call the finishing positions there.

I've also made a separate video, since I wanted to show when both leaders overtook me. I'd closely observe their lines through this video and judge for yourself.
Only a short part of the lap, but I have seen enough myself. <_<
Btw, I went over the kerb at the end, because I was annoyed with it all at that time and wanted to keep up with them for as long as possible to see more (without overtaking Squirrel). Unfortunately they surfed away from us soon after.

Both videos in the spoiler:

• Like 4

If you have any issues after the racing with anyone just send me a message and I'll assemble a stewards panel to look at it. I don't want people to be accusing each other in this thread. We can keep it professional in here.

There are a couple of things that do need looking at before I post the results, mainly involving the final finishing positions due to some confusion as there was a crash at the end which will affect the final points scoring positions.

• Like 1

My video will be coming at the end of the day.

It was a great race, not many issues from my POV.

I'm sorry to those I hit (Myth) at the first turn and for swerving a bit too much at one point defending my position (JC).

I missed the same CP twice when I was 4th behind Potato and had to do a quick U-turn to get it. My aim was to stick to Potato's butt and try to pass him but after that, I settled with trying to get my 4th place back from JC and Myth. Was a great battle IMO, very interesting race for me.

Can't wait for Monaco in a couple weeks. Should be a bit more hectic :D:D

@Fido_le_muet, no you defended just fine. Had a few awesome battles with you, was great to see that when you started to attack, it always took a few corners to overtake, just like irl. That was just pure racing! Looking forward to see your video, i totally forgot to record it ?

• Like 1

Provisional Results. (Subject to change)

1. B Racer
  2. ACDC_SW
  3. Random Potato
  4. Fido Le Muet
  5. Mythaga
  6. JC10110
  7. Clydicality
  8. Lann
  9. Starmonkeykiller
  10. Crawford1872
  11. Sagrawa
  12. DavidCore89
  13. Zmurko
  14. Xutek6651
  15. SquirrelArmy
  16. PaulieWantsBlood
  17. Beez
  18. Junior Chubb
  19. djw180
  20. Tremonius
  21. Trashbags1980
  • Like 2

Guest Paulie

Thanks Squirrel for the great racing night. You guys have a really nice and fun crew, really liked joining this event, luckily I was just in time and big thanks to the Chubbmacher who took the effort to make me bit aware of the ins and outs of this Pfister Cup. Looking forward to next week and thanks all for the great night!

1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

Provisional Results. (Subject to change)

1. B Racer
  2. ACDC_SW
  3. Random Potato
  4. Fido Le Muet
  5. Mythaga
  6. JC10110
  7. Clydicality
  8. Lann
  9. Starmonkeykiller
  10. Crawford1872
  11. Sagrawa
  12. DavidCore89
  13. Zmurko
  14. Xutek6651
  15. SquirrelArmy
  16. PaulieWantsBlood
  17. Beez
  18. Junior Chubb
  19. djw180
  20. Tremonius
  21. Trashbags1980

Great result from @Crawford1872 after starting from last place :D

• Like 3

Just now, Fido_le_muet said:

Great result from @Crawford1872 after starting from last place :D

I thought about adding a positions gained/lost marker but then that would highlight my plummet from 6th to 15th in the race. I had a lot of fun and quite and eventful race, I will be doing a full race report once my video finishes editing. 

• Like 2

Does anyone have a screenshot of the finishing times for the race they can upload? I forgot to take one myself and would like to see the fastest laps for the race.

Also @Squirrel, could my crew be changed to SCR7 on the spreadsheet, thanks.

Edited by Clydicality

1 minute ago, Clydicality said:

Does anyone have a screenshot of the finishing times for the race they can upload? I forgot to take one myself and would like to see the fastest laps for the race.

Also @Squirrel, could my crew be changed to SCR7 on the spreadsheet, thanks.

I'll add a screenshot once the results have been confirmed. I'll update the spreadsheet accordingly

• Like 1

Cheers Squirrel, great fun :-)

Quite pleased with 5th given that there was some seriously quick guys entered.

Had a fairly uneventful race got past a few people on the first couple of laps and started chasing down the leaders but they were well gone....

So settled into 6th for most of the race until JC binned it on the 2nd to last lap gifting me 5th, cheers mate! :-P

• Like 3

As my first debut here, i enjoyed all the race and so happy for the result. Had a long and intense battle with acdc, but destiny had me winner ?.

Just a note: i'd like next time that when lapping people, at the horn sound they can watch out from the faster people, as we've been in fight for long so it was very hard to check two things. just to say some people didnt respect blue flags and some did ;-D

See ya at the next round ^^

• Like 1

Great fun Squirrel, looking forward to the next one.

I will upload my vid tonight, missed the first couple of mins but got the rest of the race. I'm such a sad git I watched it late last night whilst cursing at every mistake. I really should have avoided the DNF but I came of the track a few too many times in the last 5 laps trying to catch up.

i am actually considering going to bed early the night before the next one so I cannot blame tiredness. :lol:

@BRacer I struggle to hear horns of players behind me in game, luckily enough I spotted you both coming so I could move over for you. We have a real mix of abilities and experience so there will always be issues when lapping. You might want to consider a mic, not for chit chat but just to give the players in front warning. Great fun though, glad you could make it.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 2

Lapping procedure is something we'll be taking a look at before the next race. If you're not using a mic you will have to make sure the car in front knows your coming. I got woken up by Potato when he nipped up the inside of me, was clean but unexpected. 

• Like 2

I feel you JC, I'm surprised I haven't messed up more, though I didnt really try to push it, as I knew I was tired from playing CMM for 7-8h up to the start of the race. Definitely need to make sure I'm more fresh next time, as I'm hoping to have a chance at higher positions than 13th.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zmurko said:

I feel you JC, I'm surprised I haven't messed up more, though I didnt really try to push it, as I knew I was tired from playing CMM for 7-8h up to the start of the race. Definitely need to make sure I'm more fresh next time, as I'm hoping to have a chance at higher positions than 13th.

Don't start improving Z, I was planning on catching you up next time...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lann said:

My race. Sorry for whoever i made contact with at 4:47 in the video. 

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks, Lann, but wasn't really your mistake. In a real life race it would maybe be your fault, but without mirrors it's almost impossible to notice what is happening exactly. In this case I just got caught between you and Clydicality. If he wasn't on my left, I could've probably even have avoided the collision with you.

It did give me the satisfaction of battling my way back from 18th place:) All in all, I don't think it affected my finishing position. I caught up with you guys again a few laps later, and just lost out on you because you guys really stepped on the throttle and I lost focus for a few laps....even Ally ended up overtaking me;)

Really a very nice race. Thanks, Squirrel!

• Like 1

Qualifying and race from my POV

Sorry @Mythaga and @starmonkeykiller, with my qualifying position I should really have finished higher up. I had a couple of bumps, I got caught up in the aftermath of a minor accident at 17:00 on this video and took out @Clydicality, I lost a lot of positions giving the place back. @JuniorChubb The crash we've been discussing is at 20:14. You gave the place back later on so no issue there. Apologies to @zmurko you were caught up in that one too. 

On the whole I'm very impressed with the racing. Even with 21 cars on track we kept it fairly clean on the whole, there will always be a bit of contact in this style of racing both in game and in real life racing. Had a lot of fun though and will improve on the pre-race procedure for the next race. There's a couple of things the stewards are looking at, mainly the back end of the field as the finishing positions don't reflect what actually happened on track. As soon as these are resolved I'll be posting the official results and tables.

Monaco is a completely different animal to Catalunya, it's going to be tight and twisty, those barriers are going to claim a lot of victims, I do recommend those drivers who have large wings on their cars switch to smaller ones for the street style circuits. You don't want to be getting the wing caught on the barriers. 

Edited by Squirrel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BRacer said:

Just a note: i'd like next time that when lapping people, at the horn sound they can watch out from the faster people, as we've been in fight for long so it was very hard to check two things. just to say some people didnt respect blue flags and some did ;-D

It's almost impossible to hear horns above the sound of the chat. Don't assume the back markers hear your horn and know you are there. There's no mirrors and we can't be looking at the mini map all the time. The leaders have to give the people they're lapping plenty of room and make passes in sensible places. The reason we're at the back is because we're not getting all the racing lines and braking points right so we may not be taking a corner the same way you would. I was taken out by someone (not you) lapping me on a corner just before a straight. Had they waited for the straight I could have moved over and eased off once I knew they were there.

• Like 2