• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• JuniorChubb

• Realjaysee

• Potato

Welcome to the team and to the motorhome, @Sagrawa.  

Speaking of the motorhome, that God-awful smell finally went away just after @Realjaysee left.  Weird.  

There's three of us and only two beds, but it seems to work alright.  The safe word has only been used a few times.  (I got 1st dibs on him, @zmurko;)

• Like 7

Oh god ???

@Sagrawa, dont worry too much... If they want to do something to you that you dont like, just throw some adult magazines at them. That usually keeps them buzy for at least 24 hours.

@no_snacks, Your teddy bear was responsible for the smell. I cleaned it before I left. @zmurko and I used it to wipe our asses each time you used all the toiletpaper after getting the magazines thrown at you.

Sorry for messing up your thread @Squirrel  ?

Edited by Jc10110
  • Like 2

I'm going to need someone to be an assistant and back up host for this championship. I'm going away in June and although I should be home in time for the event (traffic permitting) there's a high chance I won't be in a fit state to drive or host. I'll also be away from all internet and technology for the week leading up to the event so if anyone has any questions regarding the race they will have to answer them for me. 

Ideally I'd like someone with experience of hosting, a mic and with fast stable internet. They'll also be assisting with helping sorting the grid order and checking race settings are right. The race will be Hockenheim on the 26th of June 

I can fill in don't worry @Squirrel ;)

I have awesome internet, I can host, stream and win at the same time :D

Edited by Fido_le_muet
  • Like 1

TLG Racing team has almost finished their car. The mechanics are now figuring out why they have so many leftover bolts ...

9KFL0t_-BUmkKx0p7N7fKg_0_0.jpg

• Like 8

I would like to sign up for tonights race and the following. Put me in the team you think a beginner driver could fit the best. My cars Design is Xero Gas if that helps the decission. Greatings from germany.

• Like 3

Great PL yesterday. Very fun, great racing action, very close at the top. It was very clean as well, apart from one guy who was swerving a bit and had very defensive lines (too much).

I really hope @Protocawl can have a version of Spa in time cause that placeholder one was AWFUL ! (the belgian grandstand were a nice touch but they were badly done :D )

Also I'm not sure about that version of Hockenheim. We tested another one that was better IMO.

Can't wait for Race 1 next week !

• Like 1

Hockenhiem is one of the tracks I'm not sure about either. I've included that version as it's well known and been raced by many. 

Id definitely look at an alternate Hockenheim or possibly rebuild it to match the standard of the other tracks. Without Shrubbery!

Proto's Spa is almost complete, we have till August before its needed. I do have a few minor changes to discuss with some of the track builders but I'll be sending messages about those soon. 

59 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Hockenhiem is one of the tracks I'm not sure about either. I've included that version as it's well known and been raced by many. 

Id definitely look at an alternate Hockenheim or possibly rebuild it to match the standard of the other tracks. Without Shrubbery!

Proto's Spa is almost complete, we have till August before its needed. I do have a few minor changes to discuss with some of the track builders but I'll be sending messages about those soon. 

I noticed a small bump on my Norisring track just before the starting grid prop.

I had fixed it before but it's back. Will get back to fix it again.

Haven't noticed anything on Mexico but let me know if you guys saw a flaw that I missed.

• Like 1

@Fido_le_muet : mexico looked perfect to me! Already left when you did norisring.

I already told @Squirrel about this on psn chat, but maybe i should do it here so we get different opinions :

Three things :

- i think the rules about cerb boosting should be a bit more clear. I heard squirrel (?) Saying "avoid it if you can",but i saw many people going extra wide on the exit of a corner/cutting a corner extra hard to get the cerb boost. So maybe it should be allowed to cerb boost intentionally when on the inside of a corner and when exiting? Its difficult to say if its intentionally or not, but if i see the car in front of me doing it and its difficult to catch up on him, i dont have enough self control to leave it ?

- On hungaroring : i got pushed out in the long righthander before the chicane. Couldnt join the track immediatly because of the difference in height, so had to drive around and drive in the opposite direction on the track to get the checkpoint

- And on austria : on turn 3 (the long straight after turn 1 has a slight bend, i consider this as turn 2), i think the checkpoint should be moved a little bit, or a secondary checkpoint. I cut the corner a little bit while overtaking and missed the checkpoint. Okay, i cut the corner, but i think i still had two wheels on the asphalt

Dont understand me wrong, it was incredibly awesome, the tracks are mind blowing, i'm just giving some feedback ?

Edited by Jc10110
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Realjaysee said:

- And on austria : on turn 3 (the long straight after turn 1 has a slight bend, i consider this as turn 2), i think the checkpoint should be moved a little bit, or a secondary checkpoint. I cut the corner a little bit while overtaking and missed the checkpoint. Okay, i cut the corner, but i think i still had two wheels on the asphalt

Yeah many of us missed that CP on the first lap. I heard @no_snacks and @Squirrel saying they would let the creator know about moving that CP a bit.

• Like 3

Feedback is definitely welcome. Last nights run through of the tracks was to spot any potential problems we may have. 

Hungaroring I've already altered, I spotted a couple of changes needed for Austria and Monza which I'll let @adsyfindlay know about.

@Fido_le_muet is looking at the Norisring start finish straight. 

@no_snacks is remaking Albert Park and Canada. CGV will be the 3rd race on the calendar on the 12th of June. 

The first two tracks are Catalunya and Monaco. If they need any changes now is the time to let me know so I can address them. 

The only big unknown other than Spa which we know about is Hockenheim.

If we have an alternative track to use instead we can check it out this week or try and rebuild it before the race on the 26th June

• Like 3

I think catalunia and monaco are my favorite tracks, so not much i would change... 

For catalunia i'd make the last chicane a bit sharper, more difficult to take. It is really a ****corner in F1 games

and at the chicane after the bridge in monaco, i'd replace the slowdown prop with a wall. If you are battelling next to each other, it could be possible that the player on the outside pushes the other on too close to the prop so he would slow down. If there's a wall, people will give more room to the one on the inside (hopefully ?)

But both tracks are already great, wouldnt care if they stay like this ?

Sorry I missed the paractice playlist but I had to work at the office yesterday. I will make every effort to work from home every Pfister Monday to attend all the races. Is Catalunya first? Can I get a link to the first track for practice?

5 hours ago, Realjaysee said:

- i think the rules about cerb boosting should be a bit more clear. I heard squirrel (?) Saying "avoid it if you can",but i saw many people going extra wide on the exit of a corner/cutting a corner extra hard to get the cerb boost. So maybe it should be allowed to cerb boost intentionally when on the inside of a corner and when exiting? Its difficult to say if its intentionally or not, but if i see the car in front of me doing it and its difficult to catch up on him, i dont have enough self control to leave it ?

I have got to agree with this in principle, I see it quite often, bending the racing line to hug the curb a little longer using an exagerrated line that would not normally be taken... not really a fan of it and it is just as bad morally but not as advantages.

In reality however it is so difficult to police I think you just have to let it go and comfort yourself that there is a place in Honest Racing Heaven waiting for you.

I take full advantage on the inside of corners but not so much on the outside when exiting, I am sure ultra purists would frown on this too.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Perhaps asking weekend hosts to put the weekly Supercup track in the PL and set it to a bit more laps (10-15mins) is another option to get some practise with other people?

As far as keeping concentration for more than 5-8mins, I'd like to invite everyone to this weeks Endurance Extravaganza or next week's SRL. :D

• Like 2