Pfister Supercup (Squirrel)

Skorpion

52 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

21:00 UTC  22:00 BST

Qualifying will start at that time, will be wanting to get underway then, if you're late then you will have to start at the back of the grid so please be early if possible

So race start 21UTC? what about pre lobby

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• JuniorChubb

• Realjaysee

• Potato

1 hour ago, FinDNF said:

So race start 21UTC? what about pre lobby

Prelobby usually 15-20 minutes before start time.

21:00 UTC / 22:00 BST will be the start of the qualifying session. Race will be after that so around 30 minutes later.

You need to be there on time otherwise you'll start from the back of the grid like Squirrel said.

2 hours ago, Potato said:

But what I don't understand is when fido put the picture up of what he thought was ok for kerb usage (2 wheels on the kerb not over it), everyone agreed with it, now everyone's saying that bracers lap is good when he put his wheels over the kerb?

There are only 3 corners on the whole track where the racing line will take your car out over the kerbs, and he's gone over the kerb on 2 of them.

I believe his lap is OK cause the two times he goes over the curb, I think he doesn't do it on purpose. But then again, that's my interpretation and I could be wrong.

Easiest way would be to only allow going on the kerb, never over. :D

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fido_le_muet said:

I believe his lap is OK cause the two times he goes over the curb, I think he doesn't do it on purpose. But then again, that's my interpretation and I could be wrong.

Easiest way would be to only allow going on the kerb, never over. :D

i think so too!

i dont rly care about the apex of a corner though.

3 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Prelobby usually 15-20 minutes before start time.

21:00 UTC / 22:00 BST will be the start of the qualifying session. Race will be after that so around 30 minutes later.

You need to be there on time otherwise you'll start from the back of the grid like Squirrel said.

Offroads allowed?

There. This is the video I said I would upload. This is what I think is the limit of what should be acceptable. Not the fastest lap in the world (1:24.9), a bit sloppy on the second half of the lap. I think you should be allowed to run wide ONTO *not over* the kerb on the exit of turn 16, but I slid so lost momentum, and also be allowed to go ONTO the kerb on the apex of rascasse.

Also I know we're allowed to cut the first corner but didn't because I kept sliding and ended up in a barrier every time.

Edited by Potato
  • Like 6

@Tremonius & @LimeGreenLegend Just checking if you guys are both in for Xero Gas next monday?

I was hoping to get our cars looking a bit more team like and maybe grabbing some Editor footage to play around with... even if its 20 mins before the race. :)

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

36 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

@Tremonius & @LimeGreenLegend Just checking if you guys are both in for Xero Gas next monday?

I was hoping to get our cars looking a bit more team like and maybe grabbing some Editor footage to play around with... even if its 20 mins before the race. :)

Hey Chubb.

I already bought myself a Xero Outfit to look more teamlike. Just give me the specifications for the Car Colors and I put them on the Car. But we can discuss about color and other stuff in a short voicechat to dont bother the others ;-)

54 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Sure man, I'll be at Squirrel's event later if you want to discuss it then?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Sure man, I'll be at Squirrel's event later if you want to discuss it then?

I'll see if I can get on later Lime, got some running around to do this evening though.

Might not be you or Trems thing but I will only need you for a few minutes... I got a job set up already for XG promotion.

We are discussing curb boosting for 6-7 pages now.... 

I dont think a video would end the discussion, as you will never know if someone did it intentional or not. 

Only solution i see here is : allow it, except on the straights.

Otherwise the next 10 pages will be be filled with curb boost posts

I could be wrong, but thats the way i see it ?

• Like 3

Then we will spend 10 pages discussing where the straight begins and where it ends...

I think the discussion has been long winded but productive. We have different drivers from different crews that all have a slightly different view on racing and how to use the games mechanics depending on who we usually race with.

The Championship is hosted by XBDX so we have to respect their rules. Compared to other GTA forums the discussion has stayed on target and insults have not been chucked about. We are all heading in the same (similar) direction now which would not have been possible without this thread to share our views and for Squirrel to fine tune the rules.

Granted it will never be perfect, but what can we do with a game that includes a speed boost every time you bounce your vehicle and then adds race track that gives you that option/temptation to bounce every time that two wheels leave the track.

Next week we will discuss 'braking points' and 'right of way' of the vehicle in front for ten pages after the carnage of Monaco.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 8

Okay you're right @JuniorChubb

Havent checked the forum a few days, was a little frustrated when i saw that it hasnt been sorted out yet ?

Also, I guess when penalties are getting implified, we'll get a better view on whats allowed and the temptation will disappear ☺

1 hour ago, Realjaysee said:

We are discussing curb boosting for 6-7 pages now.... 

I dont think a video would end the discussion, as you will never know if someone did it intentional or not. 

Only solution i see here is : allow it, except on the straights.

Otherwise the next 10 pages will be be filled with curb boost posts

I could be wrong, but thats the way i see it ?

I agree

• Like 1

Remember, there has only been one race so far. This is the first time an event like this has been tried by Squirrel. Things will become more clear as we move forward. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Realjaysee said:

Okay you're right @JuniorChubb

Havent checked the forum a few days, was a little frustrated when i saw that it hasnt been sorted out yet ?

Also, I guess when penalties are getting implified, we'll get a better view on whats allowed and the temptation will disappear ☺

Not really a case of right or wrong, too much grey space and opinion...

What does need to be sorted though is who is the real JC ;)

Was hoping to have this finished before Round 1 started, but here's the Montreal F1 Circuit - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.

Give it a few laps and let me know if there are any issues that need sorting out before Round 3.  There are no props left, but I can easily salvage a few if needed.  

The main area of feedback I'm looking for is regarding the checkpoints.  As @Potato suggested in an earlier post, the checkpoints have been offset (moved away from the apex) on most corners.  You can put two wheels on the curbs or just over them with no problem, but if you try to cut the corners any more than that, you'll miss the checkpoint.  Will this cause any other issues, like cars turning around to go back to hit the CP, or do you think it's a good idea to help reduce excessive corner cutting?

@Squirrel, it might be too late for any changes to Monaco, but can I suggest you have a look at putting an offset CP at the chicane where you've currently got the slow-down strip?  

I've had a couple of incidents there when I've hit the back of the car that cut the corner too much.  I end up nudging them forwards so they got hardly any penalty for doing it, yet I got stopped dead and then hit by the car following me which turned me around, effectively punishing me for someone else's mistake.  It would suck to lose several positions like that in the proper race and see the perpetrator get away with it.

Edited by no_snacks
  • Like 4

@JuniorChubb, i suggest we give the curb boosting topic a rest and spend the next 10 pages on discussing who the real JC is?

@no_snacks, cant watch the video atm, but i think the placement of the checkpoints is the best way to counter curb boosting. If you miss a checkpoint, i guess we should make it a rule that you ALWAYS respawn instead of turning back.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, no_snacks said:

@Squirrel, it might be too late for any changes to Monaco, but can I suggest you have a look at putting an offset CP at the chicane where you've currently got the slow-down strip?  

I've had a couple of incidents there when I've hit the back of the car that cut the corner too much.  I end up nudging them forwards so they got hardly any penalty for doing it, yet I got stopped dead and then hit by the car following me which turned me around, effectively punishing me for someone else's mistake.  It would suck to lose several positions like that in the proper race and see the perpetrator get away with it.

Thanks for getting the race finished. @LimeGreenLegend, @Lann, @pete_95973, @omarcomin71, @zmurko  Is it possible for you guys to include this in your upcoming playlists to enable some accelerated testing to iron out any potential issues. I'll be linking into the regular races group as well so the drivers there can also test it. 

As for the CP. Are you suggesting I move the checkpoint and remove the slowdown strips or just move the CP? 

I don't really want to alter the track now, as it's less than a week till the event it wouldn't be fair on the drivers who have already been practicing it. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

@Squirrel : Is the identity of the stewarts know to the public ? It would be best if it weren't, to avoid corruption and favoritism :)

Nope it's not. It's not even the same set of Stewards for each race. I've already approached a number of people not taking part in the event who I think are suitable. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Nope it's not. It's not even the same set of Stewards for each race. I've already approached a number of people not taking part in the event who I think are suitable. 

Can we just abandon making all the making of new rules and leave it in the hands of the stewards?

Everyone who is partaking in the event should know by now what is definitely not allowed and what is debatable. Making complete set rules on what lines to use is not an option, as some will take it by accident and some will take a line that is not allowed in the heat of the moment, but make up for it on the next straight by missing a kerb.

My suggestion is to actually have everyone participating be stewards. Pretty much every single one of us are looking at the vids posted and have the knowledge to see what is right and what is wrong. Instead of making all sorts of rules about racing lines and what if's, we can just race within a certain mindset. And that mindset should be perfectly clear. If someone fails to acknowledge that mindset, we can all vote on whether or not action should be take and to what extend. Here's my variant on the rules:

When someone breaks our common rules, anyone can report him.

This person will then be put up for review for everyone to vote on whether and what penalty this person should get.

When 60% or more vote for a penalty, the penalty will be enforced.

The penalty can be decided by those voting for the penalty or independent stewards or both.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sagrawa said:

My suggestion is to actually have everyone participating be stewards. Pretty much every single one of us are looking at the vids posted and have the knowledge to see what is right and what is wrong. Instead of making all sorts of rules about racing lines and what if's, we can just race within a certain mindset. And that mindset should be perfectly clear. If someone fails to acknowledge that mindset, we can all vote on whether or not action should be take and to what extend. Here's my variant on the rules:

I think it's better if the stewarts are completely independant. I trust them to make fair decisions. And it's not like it's one guy. It will be a group decision if it comes to that.

• Like 1

Fido is right. The stewards are completely independent to the series. We all have different theories on what is right and what isnt. The first race was a learning experience for everyone, racers and stewards. This is a new style of racing for all of us and things will need ironing out and will improve throughout the series. 

• Like 1