Pfister Supercup (Squirrel)

Skorpion

5 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

I think it's better if the stewarts are completely independant. I trust them to make fair decisions. And it's not like it's one guy. It will be a group decision if it comes to that.

I do agree with you, but only if there are really more than just a few guys looking at it. I don't really think there will be more than three independant guys looking at footage for over an hour after already checking multiple feedback for hours, let alone looking at 5 hours of gameplay and constantly looking at a topic they are no part of besides being a steward whereas there are about 20 guys partaking, of which 90% watch almost every vid and check every post.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• JuniorChubb

• Realjaysee

• Potato

6 minutes ago, Sagrawa said:

I do agree with you, but only if there are really more than just a few guys looking at it. I don't really think there will be more than three independant guys looking at footage for over an hour after already checking multiple feedback for hours, let alone looking at 5 hours of gameplay and constantly looking at a topic they are no part of besides being a steward whereas there are about 20 guys partaking, of which 90% watch almost every vid and check every post.

I guess they will only look at certain moments if someone complaints about an incident during the race. If everybody's happy with a race, I guess they won't review anything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Fido is right. The stewards are completely independent to the series. We all have different theories on what is right and what isnt. The first race was a learning experience for everyone, racers and stewards. This is a new style of racing for all of us and things will need ironing out and will improve throughout the series. 

Pretty sure 80% of the players partaking are completely independent and are only concerned about a clean and fun championship, where these guys have no intent of winning or gaining a few places by shady forms.

I, and I think I speak for the majority here, have made a clean set of rules that just comes down to some set rules and not being a bell-end. I don't think anyone in the series is a bell-end, and wouldn't be that much offended when they are called out to have behaved like one in a race. And no-one would be such a bell-end to try to get a person penalised for nothing.

@Sagrawa I have no doubt that most of the guys involved can be independent and speak freely. It's still better to have a group of players who understand the rules and can make a fair judgment call without having to worry about their own championship position. 

24 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

@Sagrawa I have no doubt that most of the guys involved can be independent and speak freely. It's still better to have a group of players who understand the rules and can make a fair judgment call without having to worry about their own championship position. 

I totally agree with you there. But there is the part of how many people there are to fill the role and how much time they are willing to spend on it. To me it seems highly unlikely that there will be 5 non-partaking guys looking over 5 hours of recording, whereas it is (sorta) confirmed that over half the guys partaking have watched every vid and every post.

20 minutes ago, Sagrawa said:

I totally agree with you there. But there is the part of how many people there are to fill the role and how much time they are willing to spend on it. To me it seems highly unlikely that there will be 5 non-partaking guys looking over 5 hours of recording, whereas it is (sorta) confirmed that over half the guys partaking have watched every vid and every post.

You're still new to DB. There are many of us who love watching videos. The stewarding is under control and the upcoming race decisions are wholly in their hands without outside influence.

• Like 1

Just now, Squirrel said:

You're still new to DB. There are many of us who love watching videos. The stewarding is under control and the upcoming race decisions are wholly in their hands without outside influence.

Squirrel, don't even know how to respond to that when you're making me look like a noob here, but I'll make you pay for it;)

I do believe you. But when that's the case, can we just let go of all the set lines for every race and let those stewards make the call? That's actually what i was leaning towards mostly: Not setting hundreds of rules and specific lines for each race, but just a good refereeing of our races.

• Like 2

Can't wait for monday. This racing serie is seriously addicting ! Love how we have to wait 2 weeks between each race. Makes the stakes much more important, like in BACCAR. :)

• Like 3

I feel ya Fido, its come around quickly and I am really looking forward to it...

Be prepared though, there may be carnage at times, there may be bitch fits, there may be people throwing their toys out of the pram and even rage quitters. Just being there at the end may land you some decent points. :lol:

Seriously though it is gonna be so different to Round 1. The lead cars will start lapping a lot quicker but find it a lot more difficult to lap, you will not have a clue if the car behind is a lapper or a place rival, if you escape the first lap melee some of us average racers may get the chance to pick up some points too. Really looking forward to it...

Just remember guys (after getting over taken by 5 cars in the first chicane in round 1) the race is not one or lost on the first corner, lets just all get round it!!!

• Like 3

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

59 minutes ago, Banketelli said:

@Squirrel, let me know if you need another steward for some of the upcoming races.

I would have loved you to have been part of the competition but I know you don't like contact racing. 

As for being a steward it is invite only and completely confidential. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I would have loved you to have been part of the competition but I know you don't like contact racing. 

As for being a steward it is invite only and completely confidential. 

Don't mind contact when it's endurance races where you've plenty of time to recover. Just don't play GTA atm.

Completely understand. :)

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 1

There are still spaces. I'm increasing the players per team to 4. Only top 2 players for each team score points towards the championship. I'll have a look to see which teams are in most need of a reserve. 

Whats your current livery?

1 hour ago, Fido_le_muet said:

1:26.7 at Monaco

There are people easily getting a 1.24... dont know how they do it, cant get faster than a mid 1.25 if i have a perfect lap (1 out of 10 :P )

49 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

There are still spaces. I'm increasing the players per team to 4. Only top 2 players for each team score points towards the championship. I'll have a look to see which teams are in most need of a reserve. 

Any chance @Madden141 can join the no livery team?

15 minutes ago, Realjaysee said:

There are people easily getting a 1.24... dont know how they do it, cant get faster than a mid 1.25 if i have a perfect lap (1 out of 10 :P )

Any chance @Madden141 can join the no livery team?

Globe Oil need of additional drivers, they had no points scorers the first race. TLG already have 3 quick drivers, a fourth quick driver wouldn't help them any more. Better to have quick drivers helping the weaker teams compete. 

Edited by Squirrel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

Globe Oil need of additional drivers, they had no points scorers the first race. TLG already have 3 quick drivers, a fourth quick driver wouldn't help them any more. Better to have quick drivers helping the weaker teams compete. 

You called me quick ??

2 hours ago, Squirrel said:

I'm still available if teams are short on players

11 minutes ago, joper881583070460 said:

I'm still available if teams are short on players

We can fit you in. 

At the moment we have more players subscribed than space in a race. Saying that not everyone will make every single race. 

Priority is for the original sign ups but with the amount of drivers currently enrolled there should be room for all drivers each race

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sagrawa said:

Maybe we should evaluate a bit on who will make most races and who might miss a few, so we can better appoint new racers to certain teams?

I might miss one race, two races tops.

Already been considering that. There are a few drivers with family and military service commitments who said they can't make every race. Those are the teams who will get the additional drivers first. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Matty said:

I put the auto exotic one on but can change it easily enough. 

Are you ok with Wiwang? With DC currently dropping out they only have two drivers in the championship for the next race.