Pfister Supercup (Squirrel)

Skorpion

12 minutes ago, no_snacks said:

Show me the video.  I would love to see it.  Don't forget to include the bits where you're boosting too. ;)

If you were the car that had spun in front of me, then I don't know what I could've done to avoid you.  I took the 1st corner cautiously and held a tight line all the way through.  I was on the far right of the track on exit (trying to avoid the carnage on the left).  Didn't hit anyone on my screen, but it was close.  Maybe you hit me?

First off it's not boosting if my tyres are _on_ the curb. I didnt go over it if i didnt go wide. And as i understand it I can take the corners as close as i can to the apex. Thats the meaning of an apex prop. Apex prop is there so u can cut it as close as u can. I dont know how you do it here but i think thats the basics pretty much. And I was about to cross the turn and you werent on my inside yet which means i dont have to leave the inside open. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• JuniorChubb

• Realjaysee

• Potato

Didnt record the race. I see now that you got to double tap the share button at the start? ?

Anyhow. I started at p7, 6 corners and 3 crashes later, i was second to last (thanks @joper881583070460 for the brainfart ?)

Was a little bit pissed at that time, cos there was nothing i could have done to avoid the crashes, but what followed, was great fun! Gained 1 or two positions each lap, untill i crashed into a lagging @Tremonius (?). From my pov, it was a nasty manouvre by him, but im sure it was just lag. 

Made my way to p11 and after the last corner i gave it away to ... Forgot the name but he finished in p11. Sorry for getting in front of you on the last straight to defend my position, beautiful reaction, you deserved that place ? (i recorded that part, will upload tomorrow)

Thx for hosting @Squirrel, cabt wait for the next one! ??

One remark : at the start you said : start on 45 sec. The c4 exploded on 46 sec, so some people started at 45, some at 46. For future races, maybe you better say : start between 45 and 50

Edited by Jc10110
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Realjaysee said:

Didnt record the race. I see now that you got to double tap the share button at the start? ?

Anyhow. I started at p7, 6 corners and 3 crashes later, i was second to last (thanks @joper881583070460 for the brainfart ?)

Was a little bit pissed at that time, cos there was nothing i could have done to avoid the crashes, but what followed, was great fun! Gained 1 or two positions each lap, untill i crashed into a lagging @Tremonius (?). From my pov, it was a nasty manouvre by him, but im sure it was just lag. 

Made my way to p11 and after the last corner i gave it away to ... Forgot the name but he finished in p11. Sorry for getting in front of you on the last straight to defend my position, beautiful reaction, you deserved that place ? (i recorded that part, will upload tomorrow)

Unfortunately, I got ramjetted from behind, which caused a chain reaction. Good fun though. Big thanks to everyone and @Squirrel massive thank you, appreciate the work that goes into it. 

14 minutes ago, Realjaysee said:

JC I saw the moment you spinned out on my screen, cause you have been like 5 Meters in front of me. It looked like an invisible car did a pit maneuvre to you. It was probably the ghost version of my car that just didnt break on your screen before the corner.

Great fun, thanks Squirrel :)

The start was dodgy but we all expected that, especially the first corner. I was under the impression that :45 seconds was a guide for the start time and the sticky was the cue to start? Might need to be looked at for next time.

Mostly clear running after the first lap for me. A bump or two along the way but nothing to grumble about, especially considering the lag and frame rate issues.

@Realjaysee You caught up with me pretty quick, I was hanging on to the spot behind you for a while but you soon disappeared.

No issues when I got lapped by the front two, each was on a straight which made it nice and easy for all involved.

@joper881583070460 Don't worry about the checkpoint. No pressure team wise, we are here to enjoy. :)

I will post my video of the race asap.

Edited by JuniorChubb

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Yeah Trem, you were lagging pretty badly on my screen for a while, at least while I was driving behind you.

33 minutes ago, Realjaysee said:

One remark : at the start you said : start on 45 sec. The c4 exploded on 46 sec, so some people started at 45, some at 46. For future races, maybe you better say : start between 45 and 50

Everyone needs to shut up and listne to Squirrel when he's giving out instructions. Not directed at you JC, just saying.

Squirrel said we will start on 45 when the stickies explode, was pretty clear to me. :)

• Like 2

@Tremonius, yeah just what i thought. Otherwise you're really a giant asshole ?

@zmurko, dont know how it is for other people, but the quality of the ingame chat really sucks, i always understand 50% of whats being said, even in my own language. And "start at 45 when the stickies explode (at 46)" are two different things.

When you see a vw golf and a bmw 1 parked next to each other, and someone says : "take the bmw golf" how the hell should you know what car to take ? ?

• Like 3

I got spun out first at the start so I started the chain reaction, sorry to all. From review of my video it was basically a racing incident. 3 wide in the first corner could've worked but bracer squeezed me and xutek on exit, I basically clipped his rear end and hit into xutek, spinning me out.

But btw guys I know why it went so quick... we did 19 laps we were meant to do 20 ?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Potato said:

But btw guys I know why it went so quick... we did 19 laps we were meant to do 20 ?

God dammit.  I was saving my special quadruple overtake for the 20th lap.  Cost me 4 places, obviously.  :(

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Realjaysee said:

@Tremonius, yeah just what i thought. Otherwise you're really a giant asshole ?

@zmurko, dont know how it is for other people, but the quality of the ingame chat really sucks, i always understand 50% of whats being said, even in my own language. And "start at 45 when the stickies explode (at 46)" are two different things.

When you see a vw golf and a bmw 1 parked next to each other, and someone says : "take the bmw golf" how the hell should you know what car to take ? ?

Oh I am one but not in that case.

Whenever you notice that the ingame voicechat is hard to understand either you or the speaker has issues with lags. Thats what i experienced with the many times my connection is bad.

41 minutes ago, zmurko said:

Yeah Trem, you were lagging pretty badly on my screen for a while, at least while I was driving behind you.

Everyone needs to shut up and listne to Squirrel when he's giving out instructions. Not directed at you JC, just saying.

Squirrel said we will start on 45 when the stickies explode, was pretty clear to me. :)

No directing assumed Z :)

I think there was a delay on some peoples times, the sticky went off for me on 2:46 maybe even 2:47. If they are not in sync there will always be issues, for me the sticky overrides the race clock, so I jerked forward at 45 but didn't go until the sticky went.

My vid just finished uploading, I'll watch it back for any other incidents.

Edited by JuniorChubb
To add video
  • Like 2

On 30.3.2017 at 1:45 PM, Squirrel said:

Catalunya Results:

1 B Racer 29:57.496
2 acdc_sw 29:57.779
3 Random Potato 30:25.289
4 Fido_le_muet 30:37.573
5 Mythaga 30:44.822
6 JC10110 30:49.402
7 Clydicality 31:03.733
8 Lann 31:06.653
9 Starmonkeykiller 31:07.510
10 Crawford1872 31:13.890
11 Sagrawa 31:17.221
12 DavidCore89 31:33.065
13 Zmurko DNF
14 Xutek6651 DNF
15 SquirrelArmy DNF
16 PaulieWantsBlood DNF
17 Beez DNF
18 Junior Chubb DNF
19 djw180 DNF
20 Tremonius DNF
21 Trashbags1980 DNF
22 grjkie NS
23 Proxide NS
24 Skorpion NS
25 Adsyfindlay NS
26 Madden141 NS
27 No_Snacks NS
28 TheBoyBry NS
29 Protocawl NS
30 LimeGreenLegend NS
31 FinDNF NS
32 Matty NS
33 Joper88 NS

What NS means?

No show? Not Seen? Never Started? Non Starter? 

They weren't there :)

I hope :unsure:

Edited by JuniorChubb

6 minutes ago, FinDNF said:

What NS means?

Non-Starter. Only 21 raced in Catalunya. I'll have a similar table up for Monaco once the results are finalised. 

11 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Non-Starter. Only 21 raced in Catalunya. I'll have a similar table up for Monaco once the results are finalised. 

OK :)

@Mythaga. This is where I caught the tyre wall at the chicane.  Got a tiny little squiggle on exit and slid wider than usual.  Probably should've backed off the throttle but thought I'd still clear the apex.

I knew I was in a bad spot and needed to get out the way quickly.  Had a choice of forwards or reverse.  Chose forwards hoping to get behind the apex before you arrived, but you were too quick - so it's your fault. :lol:

Sorry if it caused you to lose a place to @Fido_le_muet:(

Edited by no_snacks
  • Like 1

Just realised that i went from 12th on the grid to 4th! Obviously got lucky to not be involved in any serious incident. I just was behind snacks and someone who was sideways at the first turn. Then I got spun out before the hairpin and was back to 15th I think. 

Will upload in about 7 hours but I will probably miss the first lap.

2 hours ago, no_snacks said:

@Mythaga. This is where I caught the tyre wall at the chicane.  Got a tiny little squiggle on exit and slid wider than usual.  Probably should've backed off the throttle but thought I'd still clear the apex.

I knew I was in a bad spot and needed to get out the way quickly.  Had a choice of forwards or reverse.  Chose forwards hoping to get behind the apex before you arrived, but you were too quick - so it's your fault. :lol:

Sorry if it caused you to lose a place to @Fido_le_muet:(

No worries mate @Fido_le_muet would have caught and passed us both anyway lol

Overall pleased with 5th, especially starting from 10th, although I did benefit from other peoples misfortune. @starmonkeykiller Binning it on the last lap, almost taking me with him was a heart in mouth moment lol

Edited by Mythaga
  • Like 2

Was very lucky this race, @acdc_swleading very well, but then...CHAOS.

Was really unpredictable to watch his racing line, even on straights. And for people who where complaining he was hitting everyone, dont worry: he hit me too (wasnt his intention to crash into everyone).

I hope his internet get fixed soon, as it is common thing even in our car meet crew TLG. 

By the way, frame drops in Monaco were another problem (got like 15-10 fps quite times). So far the hardest endurance in the championship.

Monaco racers say: "Most important is taking your car to finish line". That happened hopefully ?

• Like 3

I wonder why there were more frame drops here than at Catalunya. There were a few extra cars on track even though when two dropped out due to poor connection it improved. 

I'll have my video up sometime later today, just need to cut out the down time between races. 

I've updated the link for Canada in two weeks time. Please make sure you have the right track bookmarked. It's the race by @no_snacks and is called Montreal F1 Circuit. 

• Like 2

Provisional Results for Monaco.

1 B Racer 29:42.083
2 acdc_sw 29:48.165
3 Random Potato 30:11.800
4 Fido_le_muet 30:25.973
5 Mythaga 30:34.442
6 Starmonkeykiller 30:37.301
7 FinDNF 30:37.627
8 No_Snacks 30:39.093
9 Crawford1872 30:59.394
10 Clydicality 31:05.133