Pfister Supercup (Squirrel)

Skorpion

What I like from @Potato video is when he beeped to let @zmurko he was there he got an answer back. Not everyone has or uses mikes. Beeping our horns to let people know we are about to lap someone is a good way of letting them know, the answering reply confirms that they do know you're there and are ready for you. 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• JuniorChubb

• Realjaysee

• Potato

14 minutes ago, Tremonius said:

Not Problem Potato, I tried to make space for you because I thought you were way closer like it looks in your video. Then my way back on the track was blocked. What I learned from that collision is that I never ever will make space again in a corner when it comes to overlapping. It always brings me to the weak position where i get easily slammed out of the track. Overlapping of my car will be only possible on straights in the future for my own safety. Overlapping in corners is just way to dangerous for me.

Well, when AllyCrawford and I overtook you, we were given a clean and smooth passage by you on the inside of the corner. Communication is just the key in overtaking. It was clear to all three of us there what the others were doing.

It's just as important that someone who's overtaking makes his intentions clear as it is for the person being overtaken to give room. This is not done by honking, but by talking. For example: Ally and I were in a battle for tenth place and he knew I was right on his tail. In lap 16 or 17 Ally took a corner a bit too wide and I overtook him on the inside. He then moved his way back in and slammed into me and he ended up in a standstill. You could say that this was totally his fault and it was ok for me to keep on driving. But if I had warned him that I was on his left, which I didn't, the whole thing could've been avoided. So I waited for him, as it was just as much my fault as it was his. Of course I could've sped off if I did warn him and the collision still occured.

In cases like these and in kerb-boosting cases, it is all about gentlemanly conduct, which someone already mentioned before. I think everyone here is smart enough to know when they are being a bell-end and know how to correct it when they suddenly behave like one in the heat of the moment. I've seen most of us taking some extra kerbs when we made a mistake and wanted to keep up or take that extra kerb because we saw the guy in front of us doing just that, but seen just as many avoiding a kerb on the next possibility because we knew we were in the wrong there. The 'Just don't be a bell-end' rule is the one rule that superceeds every other rule imo.

• Like 4

Could someone fill me up on every basic detail on pm? Im kinda new to this forum it looks so weird after watching nodos one :D not saying its bad but it looks a bit different and im only on phone rn

I have a question to the very fast guys of our series. Would you be so kind to make a video of a hot lap at monaco? perhaps one with a 1:23min time or faster? It would help as slow guys to be a little bit faster and perhaps it even helps yourself because you suffer way less from the pain of overtaking us.

Thanks in the name of all the slow guys out there.

• Like 1

Showing one of my PB around Monaco. 

Feel free to judge/comment on the driving, tried to be smooth.

:)

Edited by BRacer
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, BRacer said:

Great lap br looks within rules as much as you could manage with that exceptional speed and certainly no intentional boosting or  couldn't see any illegal cornering or kerb use. 

Thanks for the video, time to study.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRacer said:

1 hour ago, starmonkeykiller said:

Great lap br looks within rules as much as you could manage with that exceptional speed and certainly no intentional boosting or  couldn't see any illegal cornering or kerb use. 

Thanks for the video, time to study.

Agreed ! Great lap, no curb surfing. @Squirrel, I think that's what you were looking for last week.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tremonius said:

Does the massiv wing on your back affect your times?

Yes it does. Bigger wings usually makes you faster than the smaller ones.

Not by much but a little bit.

Edited by Fido_le_muet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BRacer said:

Nice lap man, no complaints here just keep it that way during the race and I'm sure we'll have a good one :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BRacer said:

Track about setting a standard. 

As mentioned already there's no issues with the kerb use here. All within the guidelines of the championship using the racing line and not seeking out kerbs just to gain boost. 

The key part of this video for me is the number of laps. Setting it to 99 certainly shows commitment to learning the track and getting the best out of the car. 

For the wing question asked earlier. I can't comment on different speeds by using bigger wings but I do know from personal experience, the bigger the wing the more likely you are to tangle with the hit boxes of the barriers especially if your wing is wider than your car. It will all come down to personal preference, if you can handle the big wing and prepared to risk contact with the barriers then go for it to see if it improves your lap time. I'll be sticking with my smaller wing to keep out of trouble. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BRacer said:

To me this makes absolutely no sense. It's a great lap btw. But everyone complained that we went OVER the kerb on the exit of corners at catalunya, but now this is ok? All the practice laps I've put in so far I've been trying to basically graze the kerb and take a slower line to avoid going over the other side of the kerb which is what I though wasn't allowed? And my best lap is 1:24.

Also I think the move to the right on the exit of corner 1 just to hit the kerb is unnecessary, as well as hitting the inside kerb through the tunnel and then weaving on and off it ever so slightly after the tunnel.

I'm not blaming you @BRacer I just think the rules are still vague and people are being hypocritical about what is and isn't allowed.

• Like 4

Have to agree with Potato here. To me 0:07, 0:23 and 0:36 is not within the rules, as all 4 wheels are outside the track. 1:03 and 1:04 are right on the limit too and that's the maximum we should be allowed I think.

First corner and the chicane after the tunnel look good, as I understand we're allowed to cut those corners? Especially chicane, otherwise it becomes even more difficult and we can expect an even bigger mess there.

Great lap though BRacer.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Potato said:

To me this makes absolutely no sense. It's a great lap btw. But everyone complained that we went OVER the kerb on the exit of corners at catalunya, but now this is ok? All the practice laps I've put in so far I've been trying to basically graze the kerb and take a slower line to avoid going over the other side of the kerb which is what I though wasn't allowed? And my best lap is 1:24.

Also I think the move to the right on the exit of corner 1 just to hit the kerb is unnecessary, as well as hitting the inside kerb through the tunnel and then weaving on and off it ever so slightly after the tunnel.

I'm not blaming you @BRacer I just think the rules are still vague and people are being hypocritical about what is and isn't allowed.

im pretty surprised myself about the reactions up to now..

my best time is 1:25 without hitting any kerb..

1:23:7 with.. like on br's video..

even on the first corner i think exiting here like he did was intention of the kerb. he wouldnt have been goin over it as he drove.

if that is ok ill drive like that as well but im rly trying not since the straight is right after it. it sure is a speed difference.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Potato said:

Personally i complained about nothing from last race, and as a relatively new racer i miss little things. I did mention it being as much within the rules for such exceptional speed as i noted a couple of things but assumed my self that it was just a running wide due to entry speed and 90%+ of what i saw was what i personally would of called the racing line. A video or something would be great to get clarity of what the true definition of rules are, as i am personally always trying to keep two wheels on track (am not riding the kerb either and am around 1:24.5+) except first corner. Also that first corner has such potential to ruin many racers race if i use a line as "aggressive" as that or more so to avoid a smash is that illegal and should i then let off the throttle.

Edited by starmonkeykiller

I don't see anything wrong with the lap in B-Racer's video.  The curbs were only really used in places that your car will naturally run wide anyway.  That's how I interpret the rules and how I'll be driving.  On the straights, putting two wheels on the rumble strip (instead of over it) is perfectly fine IMO, whether he needed to or not.

Last weeks race was a totally different story though.  There was blatant and excessive use of the curbs at nearly every opportunity.  It looked like desperate surfing, whereas this video looks natural and unintentional.  It's a common sense thing - we all know what's blatant and excessive and what's natural use of the curbs.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FinDNF said:

When are the races? Who are my team mates? Kerb boosting not allowed? What about shortshifting? 

On 2017-03-30 at 11:37 AM, Squirrel said:

Race Calendar:

Races 70km 

70km = 43.5 Miles

1. Catalunya http://rsg.ms/5d092d5 15th May lap length 2.37 miles 19 laps
  2. Monaco http://rsg.ms/ab7ab1d 29th May lap length 2.17 miles 20 laps
  3. Circuit Gilles Villeneuve http://rsg.ms/5568452 12th June 1.53 miles 28 laps*
  4. Hockenhiem http://rsg.ms/d4e9e45 26th June 1.79 miles 25 laps*
  5. Austria http://rsg.ms/c4cdc48 2.3 miles 19 laps 10th July 
  6. Silverstone http://rsg.ms/3f1965b 2.24 20 laps 24th July
  7. Hungaroring http://rsg.ms/15e4370 2.02 22 laps 7th August 
  8. Spa (Track TBC) 21st August
  9. Monza http://rsg.ms/cdebd9b 4th September 3.22 miles 16 laps
  10. NorisRing http://rsg.ms/ce5f6bb 18th September 1.19 miles 37 laps
  11. Suzuka http://rsg.ms/b4fac5c 2nd October 2.24 miles 20 laps
  12. Albert Park http://rsg.ms/a5dc808 16th October 1.82 miles 24 laps*
  13. Mexico http://rsg.ms/7b53096 30th October 1.81 miles 24 laps

*Race distance subject to change

Playlist with all tracks: https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/playlists/playlist/RQdBc7rla0SieB4zP2TD2w

Racing Rules:(Section still under construction and will be refined)

Rules are the necessary evil needed to make sure things run smoothly on the night. Everything discussed in the thread will make an appearance in this post so we have an easy reference point for clarity

• Contact between other racers.
    • This championship will feature larger grids than we are currently used to, contact between cars will happen although we will do our best to avoid it. For most collisions it is fairly clear who is at fault.
    • If you take someone out, please move off the racing line, reduce speed and wait for them to regain position, do not resume full racing speed until they have overtaken you. In the preview event most of the bigger accidents were caused by people colliding with someone and then in the confusion to give places back more collisions happened. It is better to keep moving and clear the track as quickly as possible.
    • If you are spun and end up at a complete standstill on the apex of a corner with a large group of drivers approaching it will be better to hold position until it is safe to do so. Those drivers will be reacting to your stationary car, if you start moving too soon this can also result in further collisions.
    • I know both of the previous points seem to contradict each other. You will have to use your own judgement at the time to take the appropriate action. Clear the scene of the accident if it's safe to do so, hold your position if not.
    • These will be long races. What happens on the opening couple of laps shouldn't dictate the final finishing positions, take it steady and drive cautiously especially for the early stages while the field is bunched.
  • Kerb Boosting
    • This is one of the biggest discussion points. Using the kerbs is unavoidable in racing. They form part of the racing line in the corners and make up 100% of the track sections.
    • Using the kerbs on the entrances and exits of corners is permitted. Actively seeking out the kerbs on straights to boost your car is not. The weaving down the kerbs on straights commonly seen in GTA racing is something that is definitely not acceptable in this championship and is actionable.
    • The cars should be trying to stay within the white lines as much as possible, keeping at least two wheels on the circuit. 
    • The Comet Retro is not a car which benefits a lot from kerb boosting, if anything it unsettles your car and can actually slow you down. I've followed cars which are boosting and caught them easily without using the kerbs to gain speed. 
    • If you are behind in the race, kerb boosting to catch back up is not acceptable either. 
    • Kerb boosting is something that will be reviewed by the stewards if needed.

wiDKMP0.jpg

• Catch-up and Slipstream
    • Both of these race features will be turned off. We experimented with them in the build up to the championship and found that the racing suffered as a result.
  • Tyres
    • Most tyre types are allowed with the exception of Off-Road. This is a tarmac based championship, the different grip and suspension differences given by these tyres is an unknown quantity especially with the use of kerbs. They are also ugly when placed on track racing cars. I'd like everyone not to use these tyres. 
  • Qualifying and Grid order
    • Qualifying will be a 4 lap non-contact race using the same circuit as the race.
    • The first lap will be used as a warm up for cars to find space on track, the following two laps will be at full race speed, these are the laps where you will need to post your qualifying time.
    • The final lap of the race is a slow down race. Only the race host will finish to start with, please wait on the track after your final lap while they make note of fastest lap achieved.
    • The host will let the field know when the times have been noted and everyone can finish the race. 
    • In the interim period between qualifying end and the race, the host assistant will launch a new race lobby and start inviting the racers to it. 
    • The qualifying order will be posted here.
    • At the start of the race which has been set to GTA and to the appropriate number of laps and time conditions. The racers will need to form up on the grid based on the qualifying times posted. 
    • A warning will go out a few seconds before the race start once the grid has been formed, the start will be triggered by the host setting off a sticky bomb. 
  • Videos of races
    • I'd like as many of us to be recording footage as possible, this will give us material to refer to in the case of any on track issues that need resolving. 
    • You can change your footage settings to record at least 30 minutes of video. This should mean the full race distance can be captured.
    • Make note of what time the incident is on the video to save time when reviewing the video.
  • Resolving of on track issues.
    • If you witness or have been involved in a racing incident that you feel needs further action, please let myself know within 12 hours of the race finish.
    • I will then declare the results as provisional subject to the panels decision
    • You can then send a link to the video which I'll refer to a stewarding panel made up of impartial people who will review the footage and appropriate action will be taken.
    • Actions can consist of warnings, finishing penalties or even exclusion from the race result and championship depending on the severity and repetition of the incident. 
    • Please don't accuse people in the race thread, if you have an issue you will need the video evidence to back it up. Leave these decisions to the stewards picked for that race. Conduct on the forum can also be referred to the stewards. 
    • The stewarding panel will be selected from people who aren't taking part in the championship. If you would like to be part of this panel please let me know.  

Further rules and clarifications will be added as required.

We're not perfect drivers or robots so can't hit a perfect lap every time. Have to allow for a bit of imperfection, the difference between the lap above and Catalunya is the level of corner cutting. 

Turn 1 and the Chicane I'm allowing the corners to be cut as they are areas on the track where accidents are likely to occur. There's an apex barrier on turn 1 and slow down strips at the chicane. The limit of the track at those points are defined by those props. 

The other difference between @BRacer lap here and at Catalunya is indeed the intent, instead of looking to hit kerbs as much as possible he has followed the racing line to get the most out of the car. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

We're not perfect drivers or robots so can't hit a perfect lap every time. Have to allow for a bit of imperfection, the difference between the lap above and Catalunya is the level of corner cutting. 

Turn 1 and the Chicane I'm allowing the corners to be cut as they are areas on the track where accidents are likely to occur. There's an apex barrier on turn 1 and slow down strips at the chicane. The limit of the track at those points are defined by those props. 

The other difference between @BRacer lap here and at Catalunya is indeed the intent, instead of looking to hit kerbs as much as possible he has followed the racing line to get the most out of the car. 

Can u tell me my team colors? And I'm racing at 29th of May am I not?

1 minute ago, FinDNF said:

Can u tell me my team colors? And I'm racing at 29th of May am I not?

29th of May is correct. You're in Team Fruit Performance. You don't have to match the team colours, its mainly the livery choice. I know Skorpion has chosen black as his main colour with lime green secondary and  it looks pretty good,

58f05bac0cc1a_TeamFruitPerformance.thumb.png.4e0bd81c7c647bf36efe756ab8d266cd.png

24 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

29th of May is correct. You're in Team Fruit Performance. You don't have to match the team colours, its mainly the livery choice. I know Skorpion has chosen black as his main colour with lime green secondary and  it looks pretty good,

58f05bac0cc1a_TeamFruitPerformance.thumb.png.4e0bd81c7c647bf36efe756ab8d266cd.png

Whar clock time is this race? UTC? Sorry If i ask too much im just so busy woth school rn

1 minute ago, FinDNF said:

Whar clock time is this race? UTC? Sorry If i ask too much im just so busy woth school rn

21:00 UTC  22:00 BST

Qualifying will start at that time, will be wanting to get underway then, if you're late then you will have to start at the back of the grid so please be early if possible

Edited by Squirrel

But what I don't understand is when fido put the picture up of what he thought was ok for kerb usage (2 wheels on the kerb not over it), everyone agreed with it, now everyone's saying that bracers lap is good when he put his wheels over the kerb?

There are only 3 corners on the whole track where the racing line will take your car out over the kerbs, and he's gone over the kerb on 2 of them.

It may look unintentional but I can tell you from watching his video that everywhere the car went, he put it there, I know we're not all perfect racers and yes you will run wide sometimes, but on Monaco you'll end up in the wall if you run wide not perfectly over the kerb.

The natural racing line is not to turn immediately right when you come out of a corner on a straight just to get on the kerb (turn 1) and the usage of the kerb through the tunnel and down the back straight is not necessary at all.

I just feel like the rules are down to the interpretation of the driver, and if you're taking a slower line to avoid the kerbs, and get overtaken by someone going over kerbs on the exits of corners you're going to feel like it's unfair, and then you'll do it to catch up, and the boundaries are just going to be pushed until we get a situation like catalunya.

We need a rule that's set in stone, E.g. No going over kerbs on entry, on the apex, or on the exit of a corner. If you accidentally go over a kerb through a corner and overtake someone because of it, you must give the place back.

*i will upload a video later today of what I consider to be the most you need to use the kerbs around Monaco.

• Like 5