Pfister Supercup (Squirrel)

Skorpion

If you are only allowed to drive on kurbs if its in your racing line on a turn I don't think we will see any issues. It obviously needs to be known. :)

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• JuniorChubb

• Realjaysee

• Potato

Policing the kerb boosting will be tough, I have been accused of it before when just clipping the apex on corners, some people 'get away with it' hugging the outside kerb a little too long on the exit of a corner, luckily though the real abusers are pretty obvious as they weave down a straight molesting the rumble strip.

I am all for trying to stamp it out though and I am pretty sure the majority will be too. I would emphasise as often as possible in your promotion and before races that you consider it cheating and it will not be tolerated and hopefully it will disappear.

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Don't think it is a big issue, we were just messing about last night really but the scale of the tracks did make me worried for the number of cars on them, we're doing Qualifying so will know what lap times are being had previously so if anyone is taking the piss it will show. 

I think calling it cheating is a bit strong, I mean, if the creator hasn't done anything about it...

Lots of people just play whatever is put in front of them, whether it be wide open flat races with boosting for 90% of the lap, or wall-riding every corner because the barriers allow it.

It's gonna be tough to avoid the kerbs to be honest. Last night I was doing it deliberately to point out the issues, but a lot of the time I hit them without trying, it's just the line I happen to be taking.

I think I'll give up my spot to someone else, don't wanna spend cash I haven't got on a car that I'll never use only to get people bitching about cheating and stuff :)

I'll probably watch some streams though.

I don't think we can compare qualifying fastest laps to race fastest laps. If you remember the endurance race on Braddock Pass by the time we had all been running it for 24 game hours we knew the track well and improved massively over the one flying lap qualifying we did. 

The tracks we're using are wider than that track too on the most part without the dangerous falls to either side. In that race with lagging drivers there was only one incident of one car badly taking someone out. I think we will be fine, the first couple of laps we'll have to be cautious but as the field starts to spread it should make it easier. 

Fair point there I guess, still think the time sheets will help show anything obvious though cause there's not a massive amount of time you can really improve over those laps on these tracks imo, there's not a lot too them in that sense, only difference will be becoming more comfortable with the car, hoping the fact that we're in order properly after a quail will mean less of a problem with cars getting stuck behind a slower one anyways but I'd say join us @DavidCore89, the racing will be more interesting with you being up there anyways imo.

9 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

I think calling it cheating is a bit strong, I mean, if the creator hasn't done anything about it...

Lots of people just play whatever is put in front of them, whether it be wide open flat races with boosting for 90% of the lap, or wall-riding every corner because the barriers allow it.

It's gonna be tough to avoid the kerbs to be honest. Last night I was doing it deliberately to point out the issues, but a lot of the time I hit them without trying, it's just the line I happen to be taking.

I think I'll give up my spot to someone else, don't wanna spend cash I haven't got on a car that I'll never use only to get people bitching about cheating and stuff :)

I'll probably watch some streams though.

Decision to enter is down to you either way you decide to go.

As for the kerb boosting I think it's best that we know where we stand before going into the championship. It's the same with races set to GTA for pitlane access only just because there's a game feature available to use doesn't mean we should. 

Deliberate kerb boosting is pretty obvious and I'm definitely not wanting people to avoid the kerbs completely as they do form part of the racing line on all the tracks. With the video capture and independent panel reviewing it then any issues can be sorted out fairly.

DC, it would be good to have your input on the worst areas of the tracks for gaining an advantage using it. It will be useful for people to know what they should and shouldn't do.

I don't curb boost intentionally, not because I am against it but because when I try do to it, it's counter productive. Either I lose speed by skimming the fence, backing off throttle so I don't crash or just crash. If I raced everyday I might master it but at my level I'm better off not risking it. 

if dc doesn't want to take part I vote we make him/ask him to be the chief steward instead :D 

1 minute ago, Fido_le_muet said:

I just stick to the line. If the line makes me curb boost at the exit of a turn, so be it. Same for the apex.

Same here, includes the inside of corners, won't be deliberately relocating the posts around México but it will happen ;) 

• Like 2

Hugging the kerbs is the fastest way through the Piscine chicane at Monaco, they are there to be used. It's where you have long straights such as Monza, Catalunya, Silverstone etc. There's no reason to be on the kerbs there apart from to gain a speed boost. It's that exploitation of the game physics which is banned. 

• Like 2

On 10/04/2017 at 6:46 PM, Beez said:

Auto Exotics had the best benefits, bonuses for finishing position and the hottest umbrella girls!

Then I would like to join :) 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

Maybe a little strong...

Good thing is we are not racing with randoms here, these things can be decided in advance.

I have had similar dilemma with races I have created, if its for a crew thing anti-cheat measures are not needed, for general creations where randoms might get involved I try to fix the exploits or there is little room to complain about them.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

XuTek and I came up with a great justification for different colors on the same team and it has real world examples! In endurance racing, rally and rally-raid, teams will have different colored cars (or parts of the cars) within the same livery to help identify the particular car or driver. Here's a very clear example of that from the Mini ALL4 Racing Team.

dakar-2013-x-raid-4-minis.jpg 

• Like 3

I'll be racing for team Tenshun, unless someone really really wants me on their team as a 3rd driver or Tenshun fail to sign any other racers for the Supercup.

The car is still being built, so no pics as of yet.

• Like 2

On 14.4.2017 at 7:26 PM, Beez said:

XuTek and I came up with a great justification for different colors on the same team and it has real world examples! In endurance racing, rally and rally-raid, teams will have different colored cars (or parts of the cars) within the same livery to help identify the particular car or driver. Here's a very clear example of that from the Mini ALL4 Racing Team.

My Version of Team AutoExotic :)

17966308_1888967121386365_77138437534510

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Beez said:

@Potato I have not found a way to post a photo from mobile device. Always have to do it with a computer.

Ah right, that would explain it

Right, so let me try again...

Here is my car...

Kfvw4ftVLkSApveY8LPVyQ_0_0.jpg

• Like 2

Hi all, sorry for the confusion, but I will race in the no-livery team together with some crewmates (The Lowly Gentlemen) instead of Meinmacht. 

Can I call dibs on the three spots left in the No-Livery team? I'll post the names asap.

Hi, I wanna subscribe to the event.

PSN ID: Best-Racer-2000

If possible, wanna make a three-drivers team with Acdc and JC. "TLG" is our title. For design, we're gonna update in future. See ya ;-D

• Like 4

Provisional calendar has been updated with all the current track links and the playlist has also been updated. The only race we don't have a circuit for is Spa and the track being used for Canada is going to be remade before the championship.

Big news guys:

After some long time negotiations, TheLowlyGentlemen has bought the No Livery Team and changed the name of the team to TLG Racing Team. Best-racer-2000, Acdc47200 and Jc10110 will be the drivers. Thanks to their criminal empires, they don't need any sponsors to get the cars up and running before the season's opening race in Barcelona. 

Jc10110 first signed up with Team Meinmacht, but afterwards decided that his heart belonged to TLG Racing Team : "My apollogies to the Meinmacht team, but i couldnt stand the smell inside the camper anymore and the Pisswasser was way too warm and a few months over date"

Edited by Jc10110
  • Like 5