• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• JuniorChubb

• Realjaysee

• Potato

1 hour ago, Beez said:

My post was supposed to be photos of my blue, white and yellow Auto Exotic Comet. I still fail at posting photos with an iPad.

Amazing colour combination. I may have to go for that myself.

51siXKCRWFL.jpg

Edited by Squirrel

I've been hesitating to paint my car in Retro Racer cause it doesn't look race ready without the sponsors but they will also ruin my color scheme a bit.

But it looks like a real race car with it so I'm joining team Retro :D

• Like 1

Lots of deals going on in the driver market. Retro Racing have certainly blown their budget.

In other shock news 80's gamer have poached Squirrel from Meinmacht, sources say Squirrel was tempted by the White Blue and Yellow.

• Like 2

Pillbox Hill

The car is ready!

Edit: Off road tyres removed photo to come

Edited by adsyfindlay
  • Like 5

Going to make a small rule regarding the looks of the cars. As far as I know, Off-Road tyres don't make a performance impact on the Comet. As they are purely a cosmetic choice I'm going to ban them from the cars as I think they ruin the racing looks. Plus it's a track based series, no off road sections at all! :D

Edited by Squirrel
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, XuTek6651 said:

do i have to use a specific color combo or just as i want? (with the livery i said)

Any colour you want although you can work with your team mates and go for a similar colour scheme.

I can go with Meinmacht (1st preference), 80's Gamer or Auto Exotic for the livery as they go nicely with Dew Yellow and Light Blue.  Globe Oil and Wewang don't look too bad either as the red is placed in good positions.  Although I assume the exact colours can be sorted out once we get the teams listed, @Squirrel?

Edited by no_snacks
  • Like 1

Colour of your car is down to the individual driver. The teams don't need to have the same colours.

Best to choose the team with your preferred livery before they all go. Remember that only the top two drivers will score points for the team. I'll make sure the other non crew participants are aware of the team selection. 

• Like 1

@Squirrel

I've made the copies as I think you've seen :P, here they are :)

Monza GP: http://rsg.ms/cdebd9b

Monza GP Qualifying: http://rsg.ms/323ca0b

Austria GP: http://rsg.ms/c4cdc48

Austria GP Qualifying: http://rsg.ms/8236058

@Fido_le_muet is it my photo that isn't showing up?

Edited by adsyfindlay
  • Like 1

Another White, Blue and Yellow car. Definitely a popular choice :D

Wonder how your sponsors feel about you posing in front of advertising for two rival teams?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Wonder how your sponsors feel about you posing in front of advertising for two rival teams?

They're quite happy about it.  Like you said, we're "in front" of the other teams.  A sign of things to come, perhaps. :D

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Squirrel said:

I'm thinking you may want a team where you can represent the red of the Welsh Dragon. Wiwang looks like it could be a great sponsor. I'm sure you and @Lann will give those Retro Racers a run for the money. 

Alright, I'll join Wiwang :)

2 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

Alright, I'll join Wiwang :)

Great news, welcome to the team!

I did paint my car white with a dark (racing) green as secondary. We got plenty of time to decide on details like that.. this is what it looks like now.

XItAgeBD2UuteIgDYU7s3A_0_0.jpg

8h4omU943UWAQewbmWsTzw_0_0.jpg

• Like 4

After reading the comments from the shoutbox last night there is a potential game mechanic which is going to cause a bit of controversy. 

This of course is kerb boosting. Unfortunately the way the game is coded it is faster to drive on the kerbs than it is on the road. 

From what I can gather, no one likes kerb boosting but they see it as a necessary evil to be competitive especially in non-contact racing. 

I would like to outlaw kerb boosting for this championship. It's not within the spirit of the game and the potential arguments it can cause can cause unnecessary rifts within the crew.

Two points need to be addressed. Firstly, how do you define what is a kerb boost and what isn't?

Obviously weaving on the red and white strips while driving on a straight is clearly boosting. However using kerbs on the apex and exits of corners isn't, although you are still gaining a slight speed and grip advantage you are taking the racing line of the corner. Then you have the grey line in between both types of kerb use.

Is putting two wheels on a kerb while getting ready for a turn counted as a boost? Is maintaining your trajectory after exiting a corner actively seeking a boost?

This brings me onto the second point. How do we identify a boost and what do we do about it for this championship. 

I'd like as many of us to be recording the races as possible, this is both good for using the footage for promotional material as well as sorting out any potential issues. 

If you see someone apparently kerb boosting we can assign a few people not competing in the championship as an independent stewards panel. They can review the footage and decide if it was actively seeking a boost to gain advantage or just maintaining the racing line. 

If anyone is found to be actively seeking a boost then for the first offense they will be issued a warning about it. 

Second and subsequent instances will be punished by a 5 place position drop in the results applied after the race. 

The same panel can also be used to judge any collisions between drivers which need a review. Action on those incidents will be decided by the panel depending on the severity. 

I don't think kerb boosting will be an issue in the championship as long as we are all aware it's forbidden. We are all very good at keeping within the rules of the game and it will make the championship fair for all competing. 

• Like 2