Pfister Supercup (Squirrel)

Skorpion

Footage from my POV. Really not happy about my qualifying lap. A mistake coming out of the swimming pool section cost me dear on what seemed to be my best lap.

As for the start, I managed to make up a couple of places at the first corner but a collision at the hairpin and a really bad one at Nouvelle Chicane which forced me down the escape road meant I was right at the back and a long way off the pace. Rest of the race was just a recovery aimed at trying to gain a point. There was an incident with a lagging Bry but otherwise it was a tough slog to try and gain something from the race. 

• Like 3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• JuniorChubb

• Realjaysee

• Potato

2 hours ago, Squirrel said:

I wonder why there were more frame drops here than at Catalunya. There were a few extra cars on track even though when two dropped out due to poor connection it improved. 

I'll have my video up sometime later today, just need to cut out the down time between races. 

Like Z said model memory may have comes into play, but scenery in general was a lot more prevalent. In Catalunya the props covered the scenery in Monaco there was the bigger model memory as well as having to render all those buildings too, a few extra players and a lot more lag, as the race continued and we lost two players and the field spread out it really calmed down for me.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

3 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Take me off the list as a non-starter, I left the series...

It's a list exported from the spreadsheet I have set up. You scored points in the first race so your result stands and to remove you from the sheet would create holes in the calculations. Every driver taking part in the series will be listed no matter their current status within the competition.

Edited by Squirrel

2 minutes ago, Potato said:

@Squirrel actually feel quite sorry for you after watching your first lap. 2 accidents that weren't your fault and you're miles away from the rest of the field.

You should have seen my first lap dropped from p7 to second to last place due to three collisions that werent my fault + the collision with @Squirrel, that was completly my fault, sorry for that?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Potato said:

@Squirrel actually feel quite sorry for you after watching your first lap. 2 accidents that weren't your fault and you're miles away from the rest of the field.

Became a cropper in the escape road. Good to have a use for it though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

Became a cropper in the escape road. Good to have a use for it though. 

I think i did go into the back of you pushing you into the escape road looking at your video.  From my pov I was much further back. Sorry 'bout that. My lagging car looked horrendous in your video, so was probably best that I quit early on to avoid anymore mishaps.

• Like 1

Big up to Squirrel,  what an intense but fantastic race! My qualifing was terrible but I am pretty pleased I could avoid the big crashes and could finish the race while starting from p21. 

There was a lot going on throughout the whole race only thing for me in case of following rules was the excessive ramming of ACDC when he lapped me but his car was flying all over the place so it was lagging I think.

But overall it was a great racing experience on this track with so many racers.

I do had to slap myself in the face in the end when I gave my 15th place away to Z in the corner before the last chicane in the final lap. That damned 16th place, I am sorry @Potato I really thought and hoped I could bring in some small points for the team yesterday! ?  But you Sir Potato did an excellent job,  I feel if it's always BRacer and ACDC in their own league in 1 and 2 then you are the moral winner and I know because it's not formal it doesn't mean shhh but I just feel it like that and needed it to say! Team Tenshun! 

Edited by Paulie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Paulie said:

I do had to slap myself in the face in the end when I gave my 15th place away to Z in the corner before the last chicane in the final lap. That damned 16th place, I am sorry @Potato I really thought and hoped I could bring in some small points for the team yesterday! ?  But you Sir Potato did an excellent job,  I feel if it's always BRacer and ACDC in their own league in 1 and 2 then you are the moral winner and I know because it's not formal it doesn't mean shhh but I just feel it like that and needed it to say! Team Tenshun! 

Don't worry about it Paulie, I'm sure you'll get a points scoring place sooner or later ? Finishing 16th in both races is really unlucky, but team tenshun don't give up!! Yeah I'm very pleased with 3rd, my aim was just top 10 around Monaco

• Like 2

Just now, Mythaga said:

Just noticed the top 5 from Monaco is the same top 5 from Catalunya...?

I had to double check that as I was typing out the results. Hopefully the next race will mix things up a bit. Very easy to miss checkpoints if you're too greedy with the racing lines. 

48 minutes ago, Mythaga said:

Just noticed the top 5 from Monaco is the same top 5 from Catalunya...?

I reckon we're all cheating

Noticed that last night guys when Fin posted Round 1's results. I think we will see it regularly, the length of the races leans towards it. Nothing wrong with it IMO.

Posts relating to specific incidents that are being reviewed by the stewards have been removed. If you need to report any issues please use the message system.

1 hour ago, JuniorChubb said:

Noticed that last night guys when Fin posted Round 1's results. I think we will see it regularly, the length of the races leans towards it. Nothing wrong with it IMO.

wut have i posted sumthing 

4 hours ago, acdc_sw said:

Hm, after watching your video it seems that there was a really bad issue with a lag while you overlapped me. The spontanious move to the left that you can see was caused by the first hit I received from your car on my screen, then my car flipped back on the track and that leads to the collision which apears on your screen too. But many cars are jumping on your screen what makes me think that there is a problem with your connection.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tremonius said:

Hm, after watching your video it seems that there was a really bad issue with a lag while you overlapped me. The spontanious move to the left that you can see was caused by the first hit I received from your car on my screen, then my car flipped back on the track and that leads to the collision which apears on your screen too. But many cars are jumping on your screen what makes me think that there is a problem with your connection.

Yeah, @acdc_sw had problems with his connection. I think all of his crashes were due to his lag.

I really hate to say it, but I guess people with bad connection should just quit the race. @Tremonius and the black car (forgot his name) made me lose :

-  about 15 seconds on crashes

- time for overtaking people for the second time

- time behind a lagging car (difficult to overtake a car that is everywhere on the track).

Don't mean to attack any of you guys, but it really sucks like hell :(

Edited by Jc10110
  • Like 1

If the Black Car was BoyBry, he did leave.

IIRC XuTek got disconnected and Bry left due to lag issues affecting other racers.

39 minutes ago, Realjaysee said:

Yeah, @acdc_sw had problems with his connection.

I hate to say it, but I guess people with bad connection should just quit the race. @Tremonius and the black car (forgot his name) made me lose :

-  about 15 seconds on crashes

- time for overtaking people for the second time

- time behind a lagging car (difficult to overtake a car that is everywhere on the track).

Don't mean to attack any of you guys, but it really sucks like hell :(

I agree it does suck and lag is a big problem especially on the stunt tracks which generally do use all the available props. I'm considering proposing a limit of amount of cars on track for the next season if the lag and frame rate issues are worse when there are more drivers. We had 25 at Monaco compared to 21 at Catalunya plus the track was in an area with more scenery/water/trees which also contributed to the frame rate issues.

There are ways of improving your connection and it is advisable to do so when possible. @Crawford1872 had one of the worst connections in the crew but managed to switch to a wired set up which improved his connection drastically. Not a solution that everyone is able to do though.

Everyone throughout the field from the front to the back was affected by the lagging cars. AC's lag caused a lot of issues when lapping and for Best Racer at the front, I had a big collision at the back which was lag related which meant my race was over before it began plus a whole range of people in between were also affected.

We can't single out a reason why one person lost because of lag when everyone suffered throughout the field.

I don't want to impose a rule forcing drivers to quit the race but if you see all the cars jumping around you, chances are you're the person lagging. @TheBoyBry was one of the drivers suffering the most and did the gentlemanly thing and stepped out of the race. 

If a poor connection is causing problems for the people around you then it is down to you to consider how it is affecting other drivers on track.

There are a couple of members of our crew who are very experienced with lag and ways of dealing with it and improving their connection. If they can chip in here and give some advice it would be great.

@no_snacks who probably has the worst internet connection on the planet but has managed to adapt his driving to minimise problems in races.

@Smurf was suffering really badly and struggled to even connect to the game but since a session with Rockstar support they managed to change their game and playstation settings to make gaming possible again.

Edited by Squirrel
  • Like 3