Rate the Last Film you Watched

StressEater

Blinkende Lygter (Flickering Lights):

It was my favorite movie when I was younger. I watched it last night for the first time in a few years and man, it still yes!

It's a beast of a genre hybrid, but let's just call it an action-comedy, but with a depth you don't usually see in such movies.

Anyways, it's a Danish movie from 2000 about 4 unstable criminals and their unique route in and out of that life which contains so many fucking funny scenes and lines that became cult here.

I'd recommend Blinkende Lygter to anyone who likes black humor and want to see something different. Hopefully too much doesn't get lost in the subtitles. 

10/10, of course. Danish Cinema at its finest.

Spoiler

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 2

Striptease. 

It's ok. Obviously Demi Moore makes good eye candy, Burt Reynolds character is pretty fucked up but he does it well. It's a great movie to be watching and if the wife asks why you watching it you just say it is no different than you watching Magic Mike.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Batman VS Superman.

It was okay. I feel like Batman stole the show and to be honest I would of loved to see him get his own movie before this as I really think despite all the bad in the film he pretty much carried most of the movie. The one thing I do wonder is if that people's negative opinions about the film are actually from going in to see it with high expectations and ended up with just a decent movie. 

3/5

Ex_Machina

Dir. Alex Garland 

This is a brilliant modern sci-fi film about an experiment putting AI into a robot of a beautiful woman (the design of the robot is fantastic). It only has three main characters, the billionaire putting on the experiment, the robot and the test subject and is mostly confined to one setting and this really focuses the film into a tense psychological battle between the three as a strange love triangle rises to the fore.  

9/10

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
Typo
  • Like 1

Watched Grace of Monaco over the weekend.

It was OK, not as bad as some reviews made out. Mostly good acting, especially Nicole Kidman, but It was only a mildly interesting story for me. I guess if you are a big Grace Kelly fan it could be interesting. As I understand it certainly is not historically accurate, but it was never meant to be.

5/10

Batman - the Adam West Batman movie from the olden days. 

Compared to the Micheal Keaton and Christian Bale Batman movies it isn't as exciting, but you can't beat the cheesy '60's style. If old Batman is of any interest to you check it out. I believe Penguin is played by the same guy that played Mick in the Rocky movies

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Bridge of Spies

Great acting, script, music, and a very interesting story about an event I'd never heard of before. Cold war fans will enjoy it. It's generally slow-paced, so don't expect suspense or action. 8/10 if you enjoy the genre, probably boring if you don't.

Unthinkable

This is an underrated movie in my opinion. The story is very interesting, at the end, it makes the viewer think a lot about what would happen if H actually did what he wanted to. And at the same, we can relate the events that happen in the movie with things that still happen to this day.

Samuel L Jackson and Michael Sheen acted so damn well!!! They played their roles perfectly, really!

I give it a 7.5 / 10.

Batman V Superman. 5/10

I think Fido covered what I came to say. Absolute crap!

Shit plot, shit script shit soundtrack that's way too LOUD

I had to watch it in 2 parts it was annoying me that much.

I think I'm getting old as I recently watched that Marvel comices movie you guys were all raving about. I lasted 10 mins and turned that shit off too :D

I think they go overboard with the action these days and it spoils lots of movies being so unrealistic  (fast and furious movies are a prime eg of what I mean)

• Like 1

The Imitation Game  - 8/10

Very good film, based on the true story of Alan Turing. He was a pioneer computer scientist who worked as a top secret code breaker in WWII. After the war he was prosecuted for gross indecency (sex with another man) and died, apparently suicide, a couple of year's later. Very good performance from Benedict Cumberbatch in the lead role. Just don't watch it thinking it's a history documentary, which of course you never should for a drama film but some critics seem to always forget that.

Edited by djw180

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

dir. JJ Abrahms

Everyone knows what this is so I'll just post my personal pros/cons

Pros:

-The cast, great casting for the new roles and the classic characters were used well.  Great acting all round, especially Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) and Daisey Ridley (Rey).  John Boyega (Finn) was more comical than I expected (his interactions with BB-8) and was a nice surprise.

-The direction 

JJ Abrahms is really maturing as a film maker, his direction was more cohesive, the composition of most shots was fantastic, and hardly any lens flare!

The Pacing

Should probably go under direction, but the pace of the film was great, propelling along without it seeming rushed and lingering on the tender moments for just long enough for them to be impactful without seeming melodramatic.

Cons

The plot.  It's basically episode 4. Nothing wrong with that but it could have deviated from the plot points of the original more.  Maybe think of a different weapon than just a bigger Death Star.

The music.

I don't mean the classic Star Wars themes, I'm talking about a new original score for this film.  There really wasn't one.  Even the prequels had Duel of the Fates, arguably the best piece of music in any Star Wars film.

The ending shot.

Not a complaint about Luke being in the film for all of 30seconds, I think that is a good move.  It's just the circling helicopter shot of Rey holding out his lightsaber and him standing there seemed out of place.

7/10

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
Typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

dir. JJ Abrahms

Everyone knows what this is so I'll just lost my personal pros/cons

What's Star Wars? Is this new?

16 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

What's Star Wars? Is this new?

It's new to me, only saw it yesterday, you should check it out :P

Did you know both Simon Pegg and Daniel Craig are in it!

I watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre part 2. 6/10

It was ok, it had Dennis Hopper and his usual crazy antics so that was good. I'm not sure I liked the sexualising of Leatherface, that seemed really odd. Apart from that it was ok, the ending was vague. I hate vague endings

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold B to the Rian, all that matters is you beat the leprechauns"   - Stewie Griffin

2 hours ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Not a complaint about Luke being in the film for all of 30seconds, I think that is a good move.  It's just the circling helicopter shot of Rey holding out his lightsaber and him standing there seemed out of place.

I agree with that. The movie should have ended one shot earlier, with Luke's face.

• Like 2

Just watched "The Revenat" for the first time.

F*#king intense and hard to watch at points. Very good movie with great acting. Leo deserved Best Actor.

• Like 1

Jurassic World (6/10)

Meh, it's not really any different that the Jurassic Parks but then I really didn't expect it to be either other than it didn't have anyone from the original movie in it (doesn't matter to me either way).

It's good, not must see good, pretty much if you like all the others you'll like this. If you didn't like the others then this one won't change your mind on them

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2016 at 11:56 PM, Hatch said:

Jurassic World (6/10)

Meh, it's not really any different that the Jurassic Parks but then I really didn't expect it to be either other than it didn't have anyone from the original movie in it (doesn't matter to me either way).

It's good, not must see good, pretty much if you like all the others you'll like this. If you didn't like the others then this one won't change your mind on them

Saw this last weekend too. Pretty much feel about it the same as you Hatch. The writing and dialog is not great and the plot is full of holes but there was also some high tension moments and plenty of people being eaten by dinosaurs and that's what a Jurassic movie is all about. 

Most unrealistic thing in the whole movie though was the teenager who knew how to drive stick. Phuleeze! :P

7/10

• Like 3

Not a movie but if you have Netflix I recommend Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Season 1 was good but season 2 is even better. Half hour format with a cast of wacky characters. There are some plot arcs that continue throughout the series but most arcs start and end within each episode. Some of the writing and joke delivery reminds me of Family Guy and The Simpsons in that there are little sidebars or little throw away line that are hysterical but you might miss them if you're not paying attention. 

9.5/10

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Beez said:

Not a movie but if you have Netflix I recommend Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Season 1 was good but season 2 is even better. Half hour format with a cast of wacky characters. There are some plot arcs that continue throughout the series but most arcs start and end within each episode. Some of the writing and joke delivery reminds me of Family Guy and The Simpsons in that there are little sidebars or little throw away line that are hysterical but you might miss them if you're not paying attention. 

9.5/10

& it has a great song at the start

• Like 1

On 4/25/2016 at 8:03 AM, LimeGreenLegend said:

7/10

Agreed. 7/10. Left me wanting some more. 

Jurassic World. 6/10

The whole Jurassic Theme is played out. The introduction of a Hybrid Rex was cool. I really liked the use of the old original Lobby and the Wrangler. 

I agree with @Beez on the driving a stick thing. Not a chance. 

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

Ridiculous 6

5/10

Has some really funny parts. Has some really slow moving parts. The flow was way off on this one. But the cast that goes where Sadler goes is hilarious. The biggest suprise for me was Taylor Lautner. That kid's a riot. 

Dodgeservice.png

Fast and Furious 7

5/10

I'm not sure where to begin here. There seems to be an almost Superhero quality to these characters anymore. The Rock, just puts this movie over the top. There's a lot of things that make you wonder, who wrote this? But The Rock is death defying. 

As for the movie, I don't think this was the proper send off that everyone was hoping for Paul Walker. This movie really was not great at all. It only received a 5 out of 10 because I'm a fan of the Series. 

Edited by Dodge

Dodgeservice.png

Just watched this one again recently. One of my All-Time favorites. 

Blackhawk Down 

9.5/10

The plot is based on a true story. The acting is great. It has an all star cast. All star Direction and Production. This movie, simply could not fail. And it didn't. A must see for anyone who enjoys War, or Action Movies. 

• Like 4

Dodgeservice.png