Rate the Last Film you Watched

StressEater

Batman vs Superman....meh I expected it to be pretty slim on quality (not to be as good as a normal Batman or Superman movie, not that any of the Superman's are good anyways), I liked it but if you've not seen it and have high hopes of anything comparing to the Keaton Batman first movie and the Bale movies then you'll be disappointed. It is fun to watch though and I would watch again.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 2 weeks later...

12 Years a Slave - 9/10

Very moving film about slavery in the mid XIXth century in the USA.

Brilliant acting, especially from Chiwetel Ejiofor, Michael Fassbender and Lupita Nyongo.

It's very depressing when you know that this was a real thing that happened to many people.

This movie should be shown in every school. A must see.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Fassbender I've just come out of watching Assassins Creed. If you're a fan of the games wait for a decent torrent of it. Don't bother wasting any money on it. 

Non game fans might find something to like but didn't impress me. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Live by night.

I love gangster movies, so I had to see this one.

It's not bad, it felt a little rushed in my opinion. Dion Bartolo (Chris Messina) is the real star in this movie! 

6.5/10

I've just finished watching the first Matrix again, it is still my top mindfuck movie ever and I'm still not tired of watching it :D

• Like 3

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

18 minutes ago, grjkie said:

I've just finished watching the first Matrix again, it is still my top mindfuck movie ever and I'm still not tired of watching it :D

Shame about the sequels.

Maybe the Wachowskis should try doing more Matrix films now they're ladies.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Shame about the sequels.

Maybe the Wachowskis should try doing more Matrix films now they're ladies.

I like the sequels, but the first is the best. I have once or twice watched all 3 back to back. I quite like the fact that I still don't totally understand what is happening in the final one :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 08/01/2017 at 8:22 PM, Fido_le_muet said:

Arrival - 9/10

Brilliant alien movie. Definitely not your typical alien movie though.

Really recommend it.

Just watched this. Definitely a film you don't understand until the end and then suddenly it all becomes clear. If you're a fan of Interstellar or Inception you'll like it. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The Witch (2016)

lBS15NH.jpg

Positives

1. Great storytelling. Kept me guessing who the witch was--- and ultimately the final reveal is just so f*cking amazing.

2. Costumes, sets, props, locations, dialogue, all add tremendously to the realism of the 1600's setting.

3. The gore is kept to a minimum and it helps the film from being gratuitously graphic and this is coming from me, a pure gore hound.

4. All the actors performances were all class. I really believed the world they were bringing me into.

5. Constructing the dialogue from actual historical accounts recorded before, during, and after the witch trials was a strike of genius as the dialogue locked me in further to the time period. You can keep the fresh air of the 1600's, give me pollution and a PS4 instead. lol. 

6. Exposing the witch was kept to a minimum. Not like the Blair Witch Project, but the witch is established early and there is no guessing what is in those woods from the moment the family arrives. 

7. The atmosphere of the entire film really engaged me and made me feel bad for the family as they don't see what is actually ripping them apart, and it's not just the external evil.

8. The first 20 minutes are a bit slow but it is necessary to establish their Faith as religion truly controlled every single thought and behavior of that time period. 

9. Sound design was very good and in some places almost becomes a character. 

WvCCjOp.png

Negatives

1. People going into this strictly for the Witch will be disappointed. The film isn't about the Witch but more of why, how, and where the Witch possibly came from.

2. Not a slasher or full on horror-film and that will let you down if this is what you hoped to see. 

3. Slow burn in places might disengage people. I enjoyed having time to digest and think what was coming next.

4. Dream sequence or reality....not always clear in some places. 

5. Without subtitles some of what is said by the characters in the olde english could be lost and could cause the audience to miss special touches in the script. 

6. People might hate it because it makes Faith seem useless, but in reality, Faith isn't what fails them. Hypocrisy does.

Wqp8oM5.jpg

*Final Verdict: 9/10 - I enjoyed the mental exercise the film put me through and it answered a question I didn't even know I had about witches. 

This post has been promoted to an article

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, zmurko said:

Heh, I wasn't surprised when I checked the list of movies that made over $1bil, posted this morning on IMDb:

http://www.imdb.com/imdbpicks/29-billion-dollar-grossing-movies/ls063095038?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=2978734902&pf_rd_r=1QVDBFGYBYED5W5FQBY2&pf_rd_s=center-11&pf_rd_t=15061&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_pks_bfc_hd

Out of 29, I have only seen 5. :lol:

I've seen 18 :D

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

I had high expectattions after the masterpiece that was the 1st one and I was also scared it wouldn't live up to it.

Boy was I wrong ! It was as awesome as the first one !

Visually beautiful, even more than the first one ! Many scenes are stunning to look at.

What a joy to spend two hours with these characters again. They are a ton of fun. Drax is the MVP for me. I LOLed a lot because of his lines. Great dynamic with newcomer Mantis.

Rocket was awesome as usual and Baby Groot was so cuuuuuuuuute but awesome at the same time.

Gamora and Star Lord don't shine as much as the others but they're cool nonetheless.

Scenario is cool as well and there are some very emotionnal moments throughout the movie.

There are tons of cameos and easter eggs and comics references that are cooler and cooler as time goes by.

Definitely my favorite movie franchise these days by far. Can't wait to see them again in Avengers: Infinity War pt. 1 and .2 and in Guardians Vol. 3 !

Saw 24 of the 1 billion movies by the way :D

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

I had high expectattions after the masterpiece that was the 1st one and I was also scared it wouldn't live up to it.

Visually beautiful, even more than the first one ! Many scenes are stunning to look at.

What a joy to spend two hours with these characters again. They are a ton of fun. Drax is the MVP for me. I LOLed a lot because of his lines. Great dynamic with newcomer Mantis.

Rocket was awesome as usual and Baby Groot was so cuuuuuuuuute but awesome at the same time.

Gamora and Star Lord don't shine as much as the others but they're cool nonetheless.

Scenario is cool as well and there are some very emotionnal moments throughout the movie.

There are tons of cameos and easter eggs and comics references that are cooler and cooler as time goes by.

Definitely my favorite movie franchise these days by far. Can't wait to see them again in Avengers: Infinity War pt. 1 and .2 and in Guardians Vol. 3 !

Cool review. Made me want to watch these two films----I watched the first one but really didn't "watch" it due to the Netflix and Chill scenario.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched "Aliens" again.  The awesome sequel to Ridley Scott's 1979 space horror film "Alien"  Both are so good!

I'm really excited about his new prequel "Alien: Covenant" which starts May 19th.  Links to both the Aliens movies and "Prometheus" will hopefully be answered.

Here's a tribute to the late great Bill Paxton as Hudson in the movie "Aliens"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vstBC4N_tA

Edited by omarcomin71
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, omarcomin71 said:

Just watched "Aliens" again.  The awesome sequel to Ridley Scott's 1979 space horror film "Alien"  Both are so good!

I'm really excited about his new prequel "Alien: Covenant" which starts May 19th.  Links to both the Aliens movies and "Prometheus" will hopefully be answered.

Here's a tribute to the late great Bill Paxton as Hudson in the movie "Aliens"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vstBC4N_tA

• Like 2

On 27/04/2017 at 5:40 PM, Fido_le_muet said:

Just come out of watching this. 

Nothing wrong with the film, some great cameos but right now I think there's too many comic book films taking up box office space. 

Trailers for this film included Justice League, Wonder Woman, Spiderman and Thor. Serious comic book overload

Obviously there were post and mid credit scenes (5 in total!) setting up more movies and introducing new characters. 

Obviously I will change my tune once Squirrel Girl gets her movie and takes out Thanos

3 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Nothing wrong with the film, some great cameos but right now I think there's too many comic book films taking up box office space. 

Trailers for this film included Justice League, Wonder Woman, Spiderman and Thor. Serious comic book overload

Obviously there were post and mid credit scenes (5 in total!) setting up more movies and introducing new characters. 

Obviously I will change my tune once Squirrel Girl gets her movie and takes out Thanos

No movie for Squirrel Girl. But she will be in the Runaways TV show next fall apparently. 

6 hours ago, Squirrel said:

...right now I think there's too many comic book films taking up box office space. 

Got that right. Disney is milking this stuff to death. That in turn makes everyone else grab an udder.

12 hours ago, Squirrel said:

DC are trying really hard to kill off comic book movies! 

3 hours ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

DC are trying really hard to kill off comic book movies! 

They're doing a good job. The guys I went with are serious comic based film fans and none of us were bothered about any of DC's offerings