Rate the Last Film you Watched

StressEater

Watched Return of the Jedi last night (obviously :D)

Much better than I remembered. 9/10

I'm letting the girlfriend breathe for a day before Episode VII tomorrow !!!

Fido this is bizarre it is like we are in sync! 

Remember no spoilers. I'm not seeing VII until Sunday!

• Like 1

Fido this is bizarre it is like we are in sync! 

Remember no spoilers. I'm not seeing VII until Sunday!

Whaaaaat ???

Why are you waiting for so long ?

There's no way I can hold on for this long so sorry about all the spoilers that will flood your inbox :D

Whaaaaat ???

There's no way I can hold on for this long so sorry about all the spoilers that will flood your inbox :D

I'm waiting for the blu-ray :P 

• Like 1

Whaaaaat ???

It's my birthday Sunday, Making an event of it!

I do think we will have to declare the December 18th thread a spoiler zone, do not enter that thread after this weekend unless you want to know what happens!

Edited by Squirrel_Army
  • Like 1

Not sure what possesed me, but I watched Deer Hunter over the weekend. They sure don't make them like that anymore.

Definitely not a film for the new generation suffering from the low attention span and looking for the instant gratification.

You really have to watch all 3h of it to "get it".

And those russian roulette scenes are intense even if you've watched them before.

9/10

• Like 3

Creed

5 out of 5...surprisingly good. My son is in the fight game so it was nice to see a well done fight movie.

When I first herd about this film I was extremely skeptical. I know Stallone has a reputations for shitting out terrible films just to receive another pay check. But this one actually looked like it might be good.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens  8/10

It was overall pretty good. Had the same Star Wars feel to it and they brought back some old characters to give it a good feel. I can't really say much more without giving away some spoilers. 

Star Wars The Force Awakens

3/5, 7/10

Pretty predictable, unoriginal plot, not as bad as episodes 1, 2, 3, but not as good as 4, 5, and 6.

• Like 1

Star Wars The Force Awakens

3/5, 7/10

I almost went with a 7/10 but gave it an extra point for the character Fin. He made me think of a young Lando trying to find his way.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the Hateful Eight the other night, It was decent but it's one of those films you'd watch once every 6 months, Nowhere near as good as Django Unchained :)

I watched the Hateful Eight the other night, It was decent but it's one of those films you'd watch once every 6 months, Nowhere near as good as Django Unchained :)

My girlfriend wants to see this really bad. I think I will take her out for dinner and surprise her. Just need to find a time we are both not working.

Gonna watch it when it's finally released here in France in early january.

The girlfriend is a big Tarantino fan :)

I like his movies myself so I hope it's as good as his previous ones :)

My girlfriend wants to see this really bad. I think I will take her out for dinner and surprise her. Just need to find a time we are both not working.

The film is around 2 1/2 hours long, If you get around to seeing it I hope you both enjoy it

The film is around 2 1/2 hours long, If you get around to seeing it I hope you both enjoy it

You make it sound like it is a terrible film. I only want to see it because my girl loves all his films. I personally find him to be hit or miss. Now I am optimistic to go and see it. 

It is a good film and worth the two and half hours to sit and watch it, The media have compared it to Django Unchained but only Samuel L Jackson is

in both films as far as I could tell, I'd say definatly watch it and let me know how you liked it :)

*************************MAYBE SPOILERS*************************

Average film for Tarantino. My least favorite after Jackie Brown.

The Revenant is way over the top and painful to watch if you don't have the stomach for it. Great cinematography though.

Spectre was your typical Bond cliché fest. Why bother casting Monica Bellucci if she's only in the movie for 5 mins ? Bootista has no dialogue and Christof Waltz is basically playing himself. :P

In the Hearth of the Sea is your typical Ron Howard film; big production but lacking heart. That whole back in forth kind of kills the movie for me.

Legend with Tom Hardy is my favorite movie of the latest releases. Powerhouse performance(s) from him(them). ;) Ok, it's another movie about the Krays but still good though.

Notice I didn't mention SW ? That was intentional. Sorry Disney; no money for you !

Expendables 3...3/5...I knew before I watched it not to expect great acting...I just wanted to be entertained and I was. It's weird seeing all those 80s/90s action movie stars in the same movie.

Taken 3...4/5...I like Liam Neeson, so I'm being generous. I liked Taken 3 more than Taken 2. Hopefully the Taken franchise is done.

LEGO Star Wars The Empire Strikes Out

Watched it with my son. Not really worth rating. But it's a LEGO Movie, so it's got some really funny parts, along with some very genius animation. 

My favorite part:

Dodgeservice.png

The Place Beyond the Pines : 6/10

Didn't really care for any of the characters. Felt like a movie that wanted to be better than it actually was.

• Like 1

Expendables 3...3/5...I knew before I watched it not to expect great acting...I just wanted to be entertained and I was. It's weird seeing all those 80s/90s action movie stars in the same movie.

Taken 3...4/5...I like Liam Neeson, so I'm being generous. I liked Taken 3 more than Taken 2. Hopefully the Taken franchise is done.

I just can't watch anymore Taken films. The second one was one to many.

Hateful 8 reminded me a lot of Reservoir Dogs, the single room set-up with the occasional flashback, shame they killed off the only interesting character early on. Felt very much like a stable full of out of work Tarantino actors. 

Not a classic QT film by any means. 6/10

The Revenant certainly isn't a date movie. Hard gritty but looks good. Didn't see the point of the Indian girl storyline, just didn't go anywhere. Do think it will be up there in the oscars for cinematography.