Rate the Last Film you Watched

StressEater

Compmetely forgot about this small indie movie I saw a couple weeks ago : 

Captain America: Civil War :D

9/10 : amazing superhero movie. It has the best action scene in a superhero movie ever. That airport battle keeps on giving, surprise after surprise. 

I'm glad it's still a Captain America movie, even though though there are a ton of other characters. It's also an Avengers movie at times but the Cap story always gets the spotlight. 

Spider-Man and Black Panther steal the show. 

Marvel movies are the best :D

10 Cloverfield Lane. 

6/10. It wasn't too bad. Could have done with more of the monsters being shown. John Goodman was pretty good in it.

I was a bit skeptical about it, sequels aren't usually that good but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be 

• Like 1

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold B to the Rian, all that matters is you beat the leprechauns"   - Stewie Griffin

I watched Fury last night. 

Pretty typical WW2 movie. Except with tanks. Also had a Coming of Age aspect to it. 

6/10

• Like 2

Dodgeservice.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished "Need for Speed" with Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad. 

Pretty standard plot for this type of movie but it works.  If you have 90 minutes to kill and love racing it's pretty entertaining. A lot of switching back and forth between 1st and 3rd person camera shots.  The movie is filled with high dollar cars including a modded Shelby Cobra.  Not to mention the lead antagonist drives a Lamborghini Sesto Elemento (Zentorno)

Mad Max (the original Mel Gibson one)

The story line is crap and the acting sucks, but its a classic and it's awesome, seen it 1000 times I think. 

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

The Nice Guys : 8/10

Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling are so great in this movie ! Good to see Gosling in a fun movie where he actually has lines !

This neo-noir crime buddy movie is very well paced, very funny and doesn't get swarmed by goofy situations. Always stay on track to solve the case.

The interactions between the two main characters are a delight to see. Had a very good time watching this, definitely worth it. 

Supporting cast is great, especially the women. 

If you watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and liked it, go see this movie. You're in for a treat !

Edited by Fido_le_muet
  • Like 1

Thanks for the recommendation Fido. I haven't followed the movie scene for quite a while now, so have no idea what's worth watching or not. I think there's very little movies worth watching these days. I used to see a lot of those LIMITED movies (I believe they are not screened at movie theaters much) and a lot of them turned out to be really good movies, but I have not seen a good fresh movie for a while now.

My girlfriend and I have a real soft spot for cheesy 80s action movies; the most recent of which was Hard to Kill with Steven Seagal. It has possibly the best (read: worst) one-liner of any action movie ever: 

• Like 1

u0rf6Cd.jpg

Jaws the Revenge:

7/10. Terrible, terrible film but god how I love it.

The plot is so cheesy and laughable but I've always had a soft spot for this film and probably always will do

• Like 1

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold B to the Rian, all that matters is you beat the leprechauns"   - Stewie Griffin

• 2 weeks later...

Sicario

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3397884/?ref_=nv_sr_1

8.5/10

This is by far one of my favorite movies in recent memory and have watched it about 5 times already. I think the pacing of this movie is just about perfect. Some of the shots during the movie are spectacular as well as the performances of the main actors. Emily Blunt and Benico Del Toro do an amazing job portraying their characters.

• Like 2

kQ4fIRp.png

The Sweeney.

5/10.

On 5/25/2016 at 10:52 AM, Team_Bub_8487 said:

My girlfriend and I have a real soft spot for cheesy 80s action movies; the most recent of which was Hard to Kill with Steven Seagal. It has possibly the best (read: worst) one-liner of any action movie ever: 

One of my favourite movie quotes of all time!

4 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Did I just read this right?

Yeah. Animated and Comedy films are my favorite. Most live action films are the same thing over and over. Much like Video Games, I use movies as entertainment and an escape from reality. If I made a top 10 movie list, most people would shake their heads in disbelief, lol.

Angry Birds has good animation and a cool story developed from such a simple game. It made me laugh and we have seen it twice.

• Like 1

Hell Baby. 8/10

I love this film, its kind of a rip off of Rosemarys Baby but a comedy version. I've seen about 10 times and it still makes me laugh

Watched Nikita, the original French version directed by Luc Besson, for the first time in quite a few years. A film about a reluctant female assassin that has so many different aspects to enjoy.

9/10

E2A: I watched it with subtitles; my French has some way to go before I can watch it without!

Edited by Team_Bub_8487

u0rf6Cd.jpg

Batman vs Superman

Why did I bother. I heard it was bad before I even started but I thought I'd give it a chance but I was wrong to waste 2 hours plus of my life on that film.

Think the films biggest problem was that it didn't know what kind of film it was trying to be. Obviously still influenced by the Nolan style of Batman films which are arguably the best of the Batman films, that style of film doesn't suit Snyders directing style. He can handle dark fantasy well but psychological fantasy isn't his thing. For me it didn't feel like it was one film, more like 4 or 5 different films being mashed together Cloud Atlas style except that these stories weren't heading for a conclusion which linked them all together.

Not surprising when the film had 6 writers and 13 producers. Yes 13! No wonder the whole thing felt completely disjointed. You can't create a movie by committee. If Suicide Squad fails then I don't see the DC franchise of films getting anywhere near the success of the Marvel films.

The appearance of the rest of the Justice league was pretty pointless. Wonder Woman was hot but apart from that there's no explanation for where she came from apart from that shes old as hell. Flash, blink and you missed him. Aquaman. Why bother, and then Cyborg. Hang on, who the fuck's Cyborg?

Overall I wasn't impressed and they're not doing enough with the franchise to make me want to part with any money to see the films in the cinema which is something that the Marvel series of films has been consistently able to do.

Warcraft (9/10)

I have nothing at all with the game, but this movie is really awesome in my opinion. I'd recommend it to all of you unless you don't like that type of movie.

sinister 2-  4/10 meh kinda boring and predictable but that might be because i've seen too many horror's

nicolabellamy77.png

1 hour ago, nicolabellamy77 said:

sinister 2-  4/10 meh kinda boring and predictable but that might be because i've seen too many horror's

I always find horrors boring because 9/10 movies are so predictable

Blade Runner (The final cut)

Personally I think this is one the best films ever made, so 10/10. I love all Ridley Scot's early films, just something about the atmosphere he creates. Plus any film with Harrision Ford in is usally going to be good. Made in the early 80s but apart from the depiction of "advanced" computers I don't think it looks dated.

• 4 weeks later...

Got a few I've watched in the last week or so.

The Resurrection of Jake The Snake

dir. Steve Yu

A documentary about the legendary wrestler Jake the Snake Roberts and his fight with his addictions. This documentary spans about two years in his life where he entered a rehabilitation programme developed and run by his friend, and fellow legendary wrestler, Diamond Dallas Page (this film will make you love this guy, he is such a good person). It doesn't flinch away from showing Jake at his lowest and he sometimes comes across as petulant, arrogant, childish and rude, but throughout you can see he wants to make real change in his life and you are always rooting for him.  This is a film full of humour and heart, and although it's about wrestlers I don't think you have to be a fan, or even know who these people are to enjoy this film and get engaged by all of the over the top personalities in the film.  

Made me cry.  

8/10

Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey 

dir. Constance Marks

Another documentary, this one about the man behind beloved muppet, Elmo.  It charts the life of Kevin Clash from a young boy in a poor family entranced by Sesame Sreet when it first came on air in 1969 up until the present day where he is director, writer and producer of Sesame Street and one of the most respected and liked person in the industry. Clash is another person you will come away loving and respecting yourself as he is such a good and kindhearted person who has worked hard his entire life to achieve his dreams, landing a job on a television show before he left high school, through to getting a job with Jim Henson on Sesame Street and being given a funny little red muppet that a fellow puppeteer couldn't get anything out of I was entranced by this guy.

Also made me cry.

I cry a lot at films.

9/10

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
I got DDPs name wrong!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Got a few I've watched in the last week or so.

The Resurrection of Jake The Snake

dir. Steve Yu

A documentary about the legendary wrestler Jake the Snake Roberts and his fight with his addictions. This documentary spans about two years in his life where he entered a rehabilitation programme developed and run by his friend, and fellow legendary wrestler, Diamond Dallas Phillips (this film will make you love this guy, he is such a good person). It doesn't flinch away from showing Jake at his lowest and he sometimes comes across as petulant, arrogant, childish and rude, but throughout you can see he wants to make real change in his life and you are always rooting for him.  This is a film full of humour and heart, and although it's about wrestlers I don't think you have to be a fan, or even know who these people are to enjoy this film and get engaged by all of the over the top personalities in the film.  

Made me cry.  

8/10

Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey 

dir. Constance Marks

Another documentary, this one about the man behind beloved muppet, Elmo.  It charts the life of Kevin Clash from a young boy in a poor family entranced by Sesame Sreet when it first came on air in 1969 up until the present day where he is director, writer and producer of Sesame Street and one of the most respected and liked person in the industry. Clash is another person you will come away loving and respecting yourself as he is such a good and kindhearted person who has worked hard his entire life to achieve his dreams, landing a job on a television show before he left high school, through to getting a job with Jim Henson on Sesame Street and being given a funny little red muppet that a fellow puppeteer couldn't get anything out of I was entranced by this guy.

Also made me cry.

I cry a lot at films.

9/10

Love a good doc.  I have the Jake the Snake doc in my Netflix list.  I look forward to watching it.

I'll have to look out for Being Elmo.

• Like 1

10 Cloverfield Lane.... 4.5... Really enjoyed the intensity of John Goodman

Edited by starmonkeykiller
Expansion
  • Like 1

San Andreas

Typical disaster movie, not much different than say Armageddon, Deep Impact, Twister, etc..

The Rock's acting was pretty decent compared to some other movies he's done. 

I liked it, it's not a great movie, the ending is pretty predictable but it's not bad

6/10 

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081: