Rate the Last Film you Watched

StressEater

Watched The Revenant yesterday.  7.5/10 because I'm in a good mood.

Beautiful scenery, photography and believable CGI (e.g. the bear attack).  Other then than, not overly impressed with the movie. Very thin story line, not the most realistic survival movie (gets attacked by a bear, left for dead and half burried by his pals, falls of a huge cliff, sleeps inside a dead horse, ... ).  At some point I thought I was watching Bear Grylls going all out...

• Like 1

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Falling Down

7/10. Michael Douglas is great in this film.  Even though his character is mostly in the wrong throughout the film, you do feel sorry for him. Many of us have probably been in the same situations he finds himself in so it's nice to see someone actually deal with them the way we would want to. 

• Like 1

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold B to the Rian, all that matters is you beat the leprechauns"   - Stewie Griffin

15 hours ago, revbouncer said:

Independence Day resurgence 5/10 

Central Intelligence 7/10 had some funny moments worth watching.

I been wanting to see this

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Dirty Grandpa was a fun watch, before the wife dyed she gave the husband

permission to go back out in the dating world. He and his uptight grandson

took on a road trip and fun stuff happened. 8/10

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, ronin said:

Watched The Revenant yesterday.  7.5/10 because I'm in a good mood.

Beautiful scenery, photography and believable CGI (e.g. the bear attack).  Other then than, not overly impressed with the movie. Very thin story line, not the most realistic survival movie (gets attacked by a bear, left for dead and half burried by his pals, falls of a huge cliff, sleeps inside a dead horse, ... ).  At some point I thought I was watching Bear Grylls going all out...

Read the true story the film is based on. Then you will have some serious admiration for that guy. 

http://www.historynet.com/hugh-glass-the-truth-behind-the-revenant-legend.htm

7 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Read the true story the film is based on. Then you will have some serious admiration for that guy. 

http://www.historynet.com/hugh-glass-the-truth-behind-the-revenant-legend.htm

I should have ellaborated a bit more. It is a well made movie and I'm aware of the man's story. It's just that the movie went unnecessarily over the top.  The story is already spectacular and romanticised (English?) enough in itself. No need to add on to it Hollywood style. The atmosphere, the scenery, the actors, the director, the budget...everything is there to make it an absolute master piece. IMHO it would have been better to cut down on the 'gore' stuff and some of the over the top action and spend a bit more time on the character builds and the tensions/psychology between them. Would have preferred an ice cold dark Scandinavian style thriller type of style. It's just the pepper and salt that is lacking a bit. Long story short, not sure I would watch it again, but still very glad I did ;)

In other movie news, I finally saw Deadpool. Not really into the superhero stuff apart from some of the Batman or Iron Man flicks, but that was a seriously entertaining movie ! Absolutely loved it !

• Like 2

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

German Amateur Couple Fun...4/5

hahaha no it was ...

JNbhhzI.jpg?1

The Descent Part 2 

Positives

1. Picks up where the "American" version ends and gives us a reason to go back to the cave.

2. The crawlers are back and not altered or changed as much.

3. A lot of gore. More than Part 1.

4. They revisit Part 1 so you won't be confused to why they are down there in the cave to begin with.

5. The ending. Don't want to say more in case you were planning on watching Part 1.

Negatives

1. Inferior to Part 1 in almost every aspect. Jump scares included.

2. The gore loses its effect because it is so stupidly gratuitous and therefore loses its impact and realism.

3. The male characters weaken the story as the all female cast in Part 1 proved to be vulnerable, smart, and tough. Plus the cop is one stupid fuck.

4. If you watched the superior ending of the UK version, Part 2's main character's existence makes zero sense.

5. Might discourage people from watching the amazing Part 1 of this cool horror story.

6. The entire protocol of removing a traumatic patient from a hospital back to the place they escaped from is laughable and only gets worse by the ill-preparedness of the 'rescue' team.

Final Verdict....1/5...8bHWvwn.jpg?2

Dull pizza cutter fun. 

Edited by ConGamePro
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Con said:

German Amateur Couple Fun...4/5

hahaha no it was ...

JNbhhzI.jpg?1

The Descent Part 2 

Positives

1. Picks up where the "American" version ends and gives us a reason to go back to the cave.

2. The crawlers are back and not altered or changed as much.

3. A lot of gore. More than Part 1.

4. They revisit Part 1 so you won't be confused to why they are down there in the cave to begin with.

5. The ending. Don't want to say more in case you were planning on watching Part 1.

Negatives

1. Inferior to Part 1 in almost every aspect. Jump scares included.

2. The gore loses its effect because it is so stupidly gratuitous and therefore loses its impact and realism.

3. The male characters weaken the story as the all female cast in Part 1 proved to be vulnerable, smart, and tough. Plus the cop is one stupid fuck.

4. If you watched the superior ending of the UK version, Part 2's main character's existence makes zero sense.

5. Might discourage people from watching the amazing Part 1 of this cool horror story.

6. The entire protocol of removing a traumatic patient from a hospital back to the place they escaped from is laughable and only gets worse by the ill-preparedness of the 'rescue' team.

Final Verdict....1/5...8bHWvwn.jpg?2

Dull pizza cutter fun. 

I wanted to see this. I use to own the original, and really enjoyed it. I still plan on seeing it at some point, I hope its a good watch.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2016 at 2:36 AM, Squirrel said:

Batman vs Superman

Why did I bother. I heard it was bad before I even started but I thought I'd give it a chance but I was wrong to waste 2 hours plus of my life on that film.

Think the films biggest problem was that it didn't know what kind of film it was trying to be. Obviously still influenced by the Nolan style of Batman films which are arguably the best of the Batman films, that style of film doesn't suit Snyders directing style. He can handle dark fantasy well but psychological fantasy isn't his thing. For me it didn't feel like it was one film, more like 4 or 5 different films being mashed together Cloud Atlas style except that these stories weren't heading for a conclusion which linked them all together.

Not surprising when the film had 6 writers and 13 producers. Yes 13! No wonder the whole thing felt completely disjointed. You can't create a movie by committee. If Suicide Squad fails then I don't see the DC franchise of films getting anywhere near the success of the Marvel films.

The appearance of the rest of the Justice league was pretty pointless. Wonder Woman was hot but apart from that there's no explanation for where she came from apart from that shes old as hell. Flash, blink and you missed him. Aquaman. Why bother, and then Cyborg. Hang on, who the fuck's Cyborg?

Overall I wasn't impressed and they're not doing enough with the franchise to make me want to part with any money to see the films in the cinema which is something that the Marvel series of films has been consistently able to do.

I hate to disagree, and agree, and here is why....

I would have loved more info about Wonder Woman, since she was the third piece in this film. As far as the other 3 meta's, it's suppose to just touch base with them, as the next is going to introduce a lot more of their background. Wife got the blu-ray today on for her early birthday gift, and with the extras, which is sad, it answers some of the questions brought up during flick. The beginning of this film is terrible. They make you think it's going one way, then maybe wait, their going to go this way, oh nope, they went completely off both and did something different, and it wasnt good. 

I own the original batman box set, and all the Nolan films also. I did not like the scene with little Bruce in the ~well?~ when he is coming out. At first, I was like, cool, taking back to old school where it is when he is running like in the original, then they do that at the end of the scene, and I was like, well, ok then. Glad we own it, I will watch again sometime this weekend to catch small things in the back. They do a good job of leaving room for more. 

ALSO - I do not like the way they portray Lex at all. I felt like Jim Carry was doing riddler. Except not near as good.

Batman VS Superman: 7/10

The Rocky Horror Picture Show. 9/10

I absolutely love this film. Its one of those films where you're constantly question when the hell just happened but its so enjoyable that its not a problem,  you just go along with it.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold B to the Rian, all that matters is you beat the leprechauns"   - Stewie Griffin

10 Cloverfield Lane : 9/10

Great movie. Love the stressful atmosphere. You think you know what's happening, that it's gonna be a close up thriller but the ending is completely unexpected.

Top notch character development. Goodman's character is nicely fleshed out and you learn more and more about him as time goes by.

I was expecting a nod to Cloverfield, the "first film" to which this one is a spiritual sequel but not even a mention.

But I just read that if there's a third one, it would probably bridge the gap between these two.

Anyway, very good movie, loved it, especially the ending.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watched The Martian over the weekend. Solid 8/10 despite the 'feel good' aspect of it. Very entertaining movie.

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

American Graffiti - 10/10

One of my favourite films. This is George Lucas's 2nd film (and absolutely nothing at all like Star Wars, although apparently C3PO and R2D2 can be seen in a couple of car registration plates). I love films that take place over quite a short timespan and this is one of those, basically about a group of recently graduated high-school kids in early 1960s California on the night before a couple of them are due leave town to go to college. Lots of 60s music (which normally I don't particularly like, but it it sounds good in this), classic cars "cruising the strip" with a few actors more familiar from later on in their careers (Richard Dreyfuss, Ron Howard, Harrison Ford).

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ronin said:

Watched The Martian over the weekend. Solid 8/10 despite the 'feel good' aspect of it. Very entertaining movie.

Seen this a couple weeks ago, I agree completely, awesome movie all in all

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

12 hours ago, Hatch said:

Seen this a couple weeks ago, I agree completely, awesome movie all in all

It's quite entertaining in Super high def and HDR!

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Star Trek Beyond 6/10. The first two much better imo. 

Jason Bourne 7/10 Decent movie but again predecessors were better.

Sleuth ( 1972)

dir. Joseph L. Mankiewicz

Laurence Olivier and Michael Caine act the hell out of eachother as they play a constantly shifting game of cat and mouse. One of the three films that are my absolute favourites (can't decide between them so I just have three :D)

11/10

Fun fact: This is the first film to have every member of the cast get an Oscar nomination for best actor.  Sure, there's only two of them, but it's still impressive.

Edited by LimeGreenLegend