Rate the Last Film you Watched

StressEater

It's not out in the UK either however its one of the many films that have had their screeners released via a hacking group. Obviously cannot discuss methods of obtaining said films but if you know how and where to look you should be able to find them easily.

Not sure why there would be a longer delay for France, there's not that much dialogue to be dubbed, there's a lot of subtitles anyway including quite a lot of French being spoken.

Edited by Darth Sciuridae

Yeah it's been a long time since I saw a delay that long compared to the US release.

2 or 3 weeks, or even a month is OK but that's almost 3 months in that case. Weird.

Even weirder if you say there isn't much dialogue in it, and some of it is already in french :lol:

Stupid studios.

Just watched 'The Visit', I was expecting it to be just a horror, but there's a fair bit of dark humour too.

Not a must see but enjoyable, I'd give it 7/10.

Hercules (the one with The Rock in it)

meh, it wasn't to bad, better than any other Hercules movie I have seen. I would say 6/10.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Kingpin

I know, I live under a rock. But it was recommended by Netflix. So it as good. Lots of good, and funny parts. BFM is great, as always. 7/10. Maybe 7.5. 

Dodgeservice.png

Godzilla. The newest one.

Waaaay too much boring drama between the humans you don't really care about and not enough Godzilla/monster action. They cut away every time shit gets real!

3/10

Actually, I'll take one away for

killing off Bryan Cranston not even halfway into the movie! He was the reason I decided to give it a chance in the first place. Dickheads.

So 2/10.

Edited by Balotelli
  • Like 1

Independance Day :

Already saw it a few times. It really feels like watching a big USA campaign clip.

The president fighter pilot, the father who sacrifices himself to save the world, USA flags everywhere, explosions, destructions, Will Smith talking shit and punching aliens in the face, Americans finding the key to destroy ships and then telling everyone else...

But you must admit : we kinda love this shit :D

It is highly entertaining and what else do you expect when watching a movie like this ?

It serves its purpose perfectly

8.5/10

• Like 1

Saw the hateful eight has already been mentioned but here are my 2 cents:

While it does not boast a wide reaching story as previous attempts, Tarantino's Hateful 8 does boast amazing performances from its leads and supporting actors. Tarantino's ability as a director is on full display showing a more developed skill at cinematography that makes the case for Tarantino as one of the best original storytellers and directors of this generation.

You haven't lived until you've seen Samuel L Jackson and Kurt Russell's face in glorious 70mm film.

9/10

Edited by JALJ
  • Like 1

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

Independance Day :

Already saw it a few times. It really feels like watching a big USA campaign clip.

The president fighter pilot, the father who sacrifices himself to save the world, USA flags everywhere, explosions, destructions, Will Smith talking shit and punching aliens in the face, Americans finding the key to destroy ships and then telling everyone else...

But you must admit : we kinda love this shit :D

It is highly entertaining and what else do you expect when watching a movie like this ?

It serves its purpose perfectly

8.5/10

GO USA

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

And the actual last movie I saw lol:

Big trouble in little china

Kurt Russell and John Carpenter team up once more for this action movie that combines and crosses genres and cultures. Aloof and full of shtick, this movie doesn't take itself seriously while giving viewers a fun, entertaining ride through a fantasy world that any fan of cinema will enjoy.

You'll be quoting Kurt Russell's character Jack Burton for a while after you've seen this movie. From "everybody relax, I'm here" to "son of a bitch must pay"

8/10

Edited by JALJ
  • Like 1

Rewatched Guardians of the Galaxy yesterday for the 3rd time.

Seriously one of the best space movie I've ever seen. Even after 3 times watching it, I still had a big smile on my face.

I honestly don't see anything wrong with this movie. If I had to be picky, I'd say that the ending is a little bit over the top (dance off at the end :D)

I may shock some of you but to me there is Star Wars, and Guardians of the Galaxy is right after. Probably too early to say something like this, after only one movie.

I have big expectations for the second one in summer 2017.

9/10

• Like 1

Pixels - 5/10

Ridiculous 6 - 3/10 

Love the guy but shesh, pixels would have been hard to do and loved the idea but yeah, didn't quite pull it off for me and the Ridiculous 6, even a little lame for Adam and his crew.

If I had to be picky, I'd say that the ending is a little bit over the top (dance off at the end :D)

9/10

You'll hate this deleted scene then!

• Like 1

I wasn't expecting much from this move at all, but The Wolf of Wall Street was a real comedic watch

and has made it into my list of top enjoyable movies to watch in the achieve of my mind.

Edited by smurf
  • Like 1

Harold and Kumar get the munchies( or go to white castle for the American version)

I've seen it about 20 times at least (I don't get out much) and everytime is just as funny.

I'd give it 9/10

• Like 1

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold B to the Rian, all that matters is you beat the leprechauns"   - Stewie Griffin

You'll hate this deleted scene then!

No no no, don't get me wrong. I love the dance off at the end. I meant that I find it a bit ridiculous as the climax of the movie.

It's a tiny tiny critic cause it suits the movie perfectly and I liked it but I find it a bit easy.

That was just for the sake of criticising something :lol: Like I said, I absolutely loved this movie.

And I saw that gag reel and it is hilarious :lol:

• Like 1

Saw The Kingsmen the other day. Thought it was awesome.

Colin Firth is perfect in his role, the comedy and action are both really well done. And it has Michael Cain in it which should be reason enough to watch it.

9/10

• Like 1

Saw The Kingsmen the other day. Thought it was awesome.

Colin Firth is perfect in his role, the comedy and action are both really well done. And it has Michael Cain in it which should be reason enough to watch it.

9/10

Great film, came out of nowhere with zero expectations and it was one of the most entertaining films of the year.

Speaking of Michael Caine, the last film I saw, the other day, was Sleuth with him and Laurence Olivier. Brilliant film, a masterclass in acting with it being just the two of them for nearly two and a half hours.

• Like 1

Joy : 8/10

Starring Jennifer Lawrence, a movie about a woman, single mom with 2 kids, fighting to get her invention on the rails, against basically, everyone she's ever met.

A good movie, depressing for its 2/3rd but it tells a beautiful story about audacity and will.

Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper are great actors.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this one over the weekend, a personal favorite of mine:

The Replacements (2000) 

Starring Keanu Reeves and Gene Hackman, this movie based on the 1987 NFL lockout is like so many sports movies before it, a bit formulaic and cliched. The story is nothing new but does provide a wacky tale of triumph and unity tied in with just enough drama to keep a viewer watching to the very end. A collective effort by the cast ultimately is what makes this movie shine, with a great and believable performance from Hackman and supporting actors (like Orlando Jones, John Favreau, Rhys Ifans, Jack Warden and Faizon Love), this movie is as fun as it is entertaining. This movie fails to separate itself from all other sport movies but does have the distinction of creating likable characters and a somewhat believable idea that these characters are real and not just a fantasy.

If you like american football and you like Gene Hackman, you'll love this movie. If you don't like either of those things, you'll at least have a couple good laughs, and really, what more could you ask from a comedy?

7/10