Rate the Last Film you Watched

StressEater

They don't have the amount of hot property that Marvel has anyways. Batman, Superman.......only DC hero's I know of, lol.

19 hours ago, Squirrel said:

That show is focusing on her. The fans will demand a movie

I don't think the focus is on her. I read it's about teenagers learning to live with their powers. 

21 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

I don't think the focus is on her. I read it's about teenagers learning to live with their powers. 

Think she will be the central character of the group. Hoping the comedy route works though

• 5 weeks later...

Wonder woman, great movie enjoyed just about every second of it. 1 or 2 bits that could have been better but over all as far as DC movies go this is by far one of the better, not just for the 1000 Amazonian Warriors ether ;P

Alien: Covenant

yGy8PGk.jpg

Positives

1. Visuals are crisp and while the new planet resembles Earth, it still looks cool. 

2. Puts a unique spin on the Xenomorph theories and really ended any speculation about their origin.

3. Scott Ridley the creator of the Alien universe was responsible for the origin reveal and not some careless writer.

Seeing the Alien at different stages of growth was cool.

5. The scenes between the synthetics, say more than what is on the surface. Good stuff.

Negatives

1. The behavior of some of these space explorers is down right curious like the lack of concern from the entire group about this new planet and its possible environmental dangers.

2. It got really negative reviews from people that had made up or believed made up Xenomorph origin stories.

3. The character development was garbage. At no time did I care about any human except Danny McBride and that is because he has made me laugh in other films.

4. I only cared about the synthetics surviving and that is never good. Just the opposite of how I felt during the original Alien film.

5. Silly decisions by our heroes during last battle that makes their fight tougher and more ludicrous.

giphy.gif

Verdict...3/5….a decent addition to the Alien film series just seemed like a play-by-numbers.

I didn’t hate the origin reveal because I’m no huge Alien universe fan but can understand. It would be like taking my favorite slasher, Jason Voorhees and revealing that he was manufactured…a mere robot. That would piss me off tremendously.

This post has been promoted to an article

47 Meters Down

CMW5reP.jpg

Positives

1. As soon as the girls find themselves in their predicament, the tension is relentless.

2. The film looks and sounds beautiful. The underwater shots are all amazing and with limited visibility underwater, it's hard to see anything coming. 

2. Just when you think the movie can't get any more tense, the film hits you with risky swimming attempts that fully grab you viscerally. 

3. The sharks look good. Very convincing.

That main shark is fucking huge. It is terrifying. I'm no fan of the ocean or boats and have no desire to swim with sharks but imagining myself in that situation really f'ed me up.

4. The acting was good. Sometimes these films can fall apart if the acting is poor as the setting doesn't change and we rely on the actors to tell the story. 

5. If any of your nightmares include being stuck in the ocean surrounded by sharks, this film will frighten the piss out of you, so go see it in theatres. 

6. Great job keeping us guessing how and if there will even be a rescue.

I certainly didn't have faith in the guys coming back for them. I really thought the guys had panicked and left them to die ---------or left to get a new boat or new winch, either way, it would take them I believe 4 hours round-trip since that's how far offshore they were.

7. Realistic survival reasons to leave the cage actually made the attempts stupidly risky but acceptable.

Negatives

1. The ending. I have such mixed feelings about this tbh. Watch the film and then let's talk about it.

I like the hallucination, I enjoy the misdirection but not when you put me through all that tension and white-knuckle ride beforehand only for it to be fantasy, and as ridiculous as the journey to the surface is, I would have rather that really have happened. Although, the hallucination can truly explain how ludicrous that journey to the surface was.

2. At times I just wanted it to be over. lol. I had basically covered all ending scenarios and just wanted to get on with my life. hahaha

giphy.gif

Verdict.....3/5....It's a fun shark horror movie. It grabs you with so much tension that as you sit and think what would you do, giving up does cross the mind. If you love a good shark movie, make sure you watch this on the big screen, so ya' feel likes you swimming with the actors. 

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

dunkirk-logo.png?w=750

Dunkirk.

Saw this today as a treat to my dad. It was actually very good, a very grounded and realistic film that was expertly shot, acted, scored and edited. It was epic. And powerful. It also heavily features a Spitfire and a few other period aircraft for those who enjoy such thing. Probably one of the best war films I've seen. Try and see it at the cinema with the best sound you can, because the sound production was excellent.

Edited by The_Lady_A
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, The_Lady_A said:

dunkirk-logo.png?w=750

Dunkirk.

Saw this today as a treat to my dad. It was actually very good, a very grounded and realistic film that was expertly shot, acted, scored and edited. It was epic. And powerful. It also heavily features a Spitfire and a few other period aircraft for those who enjoy such thing. Probably one of the best war films I've seen. Try and see it at the cinema with the best sound you can, because the sound production was excellent.

I had read that Hans Zimmer had came up with another masterpiece, love his work and look forward to seeing/hearing it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning on heading to the imax this weekend to see it in its full glory. 

My Granddad was one of the lucky ones to be evacuated from that beach. It was something he never talked about though.

Recent films I've seen have been Birdman, it's a very well shot film all from a single camera which follows the action around. Worth seeing if you're a fan of good cinematography. 

Saw Wonder Woman as well. Not that impressed really but good compared to usual DC standards. 

• Like 2

Baby Driver

dir. Edgar Wright

Amazing film, amazing soundtrack, both working in harmony to give you a cinematic boner.

11/10

• Like 1

On 6/12/2017 at 8:46 PM, Con said:

47 Meters Down

CMW5reP.jpg

Positives

1. As soon as the girls find themselves in their predicament, the tension is relentless.

2. The film looks and sounds beautiful. The underwater shots are all amazing and with limited visibility underwater, it's hard to see anything coming. 

2. Just when you think the movie can't get any more tense, the film hits you with risky swimming attempts that fully grab you viscerally. 

3. The sharks look good. Very convincing.

Hide contents

That main shark is fucking huge. It is terrifying. I'm no fan of the ocean or boats and have no desire to swim with sharks but imagining myself in that situation really f'ed me up.

4. The acting was good. Sometimes these films can fall apart if the acting is poor as the setting doesn't change and we rely on the actors to tell the story. 

5. If any of your nightmares include being stuck in the ocean surrounded by sharks, this film will frighten the piss out of you, so go see it in theatres. 

6. Great job keeping us guessing how and if there will even be a rescue.

Hide contents

I certainly didn't have faith in the guys coming back for them. I really thought the guys had panicked and left them to die ---------or left to get a new boat or new winch, either way, it would take them I believe 4 hours round-trip since that's how far offshore they were.

7. Realistic survival reasons to leave the cage actually made the attempts stupidly risky but acceptable.

Negatives

1. The ending. I have such mixed feelings about this tbh. Watch the film and then let's talk about it.

Reveal hidden contents

I like the hallucination, I enjoy the misdirection but not when you put me through all that tension and white-knuckle ride beforehand only for it to be fantasy, and as ridiculous as the journey to the surface is, I would have rather that really have happened. Although, the hallucination can truly explain how ludicrous that journey to the surface was.

2. At times I just wanted it to be over. lol. I had basically covered all ending scenarios and just wanted to get on with my life. hahaha

giphy.gif

Verdict.....4/5....It's a fun shark horror movie. It grabs you with so much tension that as you sit and think what would you do, giving up does cross the mind. If you love a good shark movie, make sure you watch this on the big screen, so ya' feel likes you swimming with the actors. 

Naaaaaaa........I'm good. I've seen plenty Tiger and damn Bull sharks up close and personal. I'll assume it's a Great White in this movie by your statement. I'm far more afraid of a Bull shark than a White. Bulls are far more aggressive than a White and a White is smart enough to know a human isn't it's normal food

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

8 hours ago, zztop911 said:

Naaaaaaa........I'm good. I've seen plenty Tiger and damn Bull sharks up close and personal. I'll assume it's a Great White in this movie by your statement. I'm far more afraid of a Bull shark than a White. Bulls are far more aggressive than a White and a White is smart enough to know a human isn't it's normal food

Yes. Bull Sharks are far more aggressive. And yes they are Great whites and they are massive in the movie. I avoid boats and the ocean just so I dont get stuck in those situations.

Saw Dunkirk last night.  Nolan is one of my favorite directors and this one did not disappoint.  My only complaint was due to the soundtrack and general loudness of the movie (war movies are loud of course) it was difficult to understand some of the dialogue.  It might also be my yankee ears! :) 

Also, for those who haven't watched it yet, if you know going in that the movie has three separate timelines it helps:  The mole (beach), the sea, and the air.  Each is its own little story taking place at different times (one week, one day, and one hour before the end/evacuation respectively).  You figure this out watching it, but until you completely figure it out it can be a little confusing.

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

1 hour ago, pete_95973 said:

Saw Dunkirk last night.  Nolan is one of my favorite directors and this one did not disappoint.  My only complaint was due to the soundtrack and general loudness of the movie (war movies are loud of course) it was difficult to understand some of the dialogue.  It might also be my yankee ears! :) 

Also, for those who haven't watched it yet, if you know going in that the movie has three separate timelines it helps:  The mole (beach), the sea, and the air.  Each is its own little story taking place at different times (one week, one day, and one hour before the end/evacuation respectively).  You figure this out watching it, but until you completely figure it out it can be a little confusing.

The sound mixing is my problem with every Nolan film.  

I guess after doing it for 20 years that's what he wants from his scores, but it's too damn loud for me.

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 1

Just now, LimeGreenLegend said:

The sound mixing is my problem with every Nolan film.  

I guess after doing it for 20 years it's what he wants but it's too damn loud for me.

In an interview Kenneth Branagh said he met some Dunkirk veterans who watched the movie.  They said the movie was louder than the actual battle lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

2 minutes ago, pete_95973 said:

In an interview Kenneth Branagh said he met some Dunkirk veterans who watched the movie.  They said the movie was louder than the actual battle lol.

Guess they didn't have IMAX in the 40s :D

The most recent Spider Man, we went to the drive in to see it. It's ok, typical superhero movie. I liked it, it's got Keaton whom played Batman as the bad guy and he is pretty good at it. I'd watch it a few more times

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Keatons been making a bit of a comeback recently. Wonder if it was that role in Birdman which has brought him back to the limelight 

Dunkirk was pretty powerful. Touch emotional as well in places. Definitely a film worth making the effort for to see on a big screen. Don't wait for the DVD release!

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/08/2017 at 5:53 PM, Squirrel said:

Dunkirk was pretty powerful. Touch emotional as well in places. Definitely a film worth making the effort for to see on a big screen. Don't wait for the DVD release!

Definitely agree with that. Saw it earlier. 10/10 from me. The music was particularly good, especially the slow version of Elgar's Nimrod as the small boats appear. Excellent cast. Also I thought very clever that none of the characters are ever named, people were just doing what they had to do.

• Like 2

On 09/08/2017 at 10:41 PM, Squirrel said:

Keatons been making a bit of a comeback recently. Wonder if it was that role in Birdman which has brought him back to the limelight 

Nah, it was playing Ken in Toy Story 3.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wonder Woman

Heard good things about it, but it still managed to surprise me. One of the best superhero movies in years. Maybe because it didn't feel so much like a superhero movie.

8/10 but because Gal Gadot = 10/10 :wub:

Next up is Spider-man: Homecoming. My favorite superhero, bar none. Hopefully it can live up to my expectations. 

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Have seen too many latest to list them all. Hope this Movie Pass thing lasts a long time. Some that I can recall....

Thank You for Your Sevice. *** Decent movie about US soldiers returning from war and dealing with the emotional trauma so many of them face. From shitty spouses to VA bullshit. Shame how our government treats its soldiers....sickening actually.

Daddys Home 2.  ** Just your typical goofy Will Ferrel movie. Some hate him some love him. I enjoyed seeing Mel Gibson on screen even though he is a shitty person in real life.

My Friend Dahmer ***** Excellent movie about notorious American Serial Killer, Jeffery Dahmer. Set in his last years of High School in the late 1970s. A tortured young man, dealing with shitty parenting, mental illness, etc. Does a great job of making one feel slight empathy for a man that eventually murdered 17 people. I have always been fascinated by these killers and Dahmer was one of the worst.

Ferdinand. *** Typical animated movie of the day. Well animated and entertaining. If anyone has seen the original 1938 Disney short, this is just an expanded version of it.

Edited by SINISTER120
  • Like 1

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi - 8/10

I really liked it overall. A few things were a bit over the top, maybe too much humor at times and a sub plot that was totally useless. 

Other than that, lots of twists that I didn't see coming. It was much different from Episode VII in that regard and I appreciated that.

Also : Luke Skywalker :D 

• Like 2