Rate the Last Film you Watched

StressEater

I am a huge movie/ cinema fan. I scrolled through this forum of "off topic" and didn't find anything about movies. So I thought I would start my own. I thought this might be a great way to share amazing movies with each other or to divert others from wasting their time with a terrible film. It is also a great way to get a look into each crew members psyche buy which films they are a fan of. 

Rate the movie with a total of 5 - being the best movie you have ever seen in your lifetime, to a 1 - worst movie ever.

*NO SPOILERS*

Rate the film but leave the key details out for those who have not seen it but may now want to see it due to your recommendation. 

I guess I will start us off.

Interstellar 3/5

I am a huge sic-fi fan. So when it came to a movie about going into outer space to save mankind I couldn't NOT watch it. The movie was great in the beginning but it took a turn for the worse about half way. I felt like it ended up way out into left field. 

I plan to watch it again in hopes that I might enjoy it more the second time around. 

• Like 4

Last movie I seen at the Cinema was The Dark Knight Rises, and as a movie it was ok, but was the worst in the trilogy IMO. I'd give it 2.5

Overall the experience was horrible though, the theater had the sound way off, far to loud and all the mid range and bass was non existent, I did re watch it on tv but my thoughts on the movie are the same.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

It doesn't have to be a the last movie you seen in theaters. It can be the last movie you seen period. I don't like going to the movies as much as watching it at home. The only time I go to the theaters is when I can not wait for it to come out on BluRay. Like all the Hobbit movies. 

Yeah I agree it was not the best of the 3 movies. It just seemed like there was way to much going on at one time. I plan to sit down and watch all of them again. The problem is I want to do that with a lot of films like The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Hobbit, Band of Brothers, and Rocky.

i think the last film i watched was fast and furious 7, i personally hate those films but marcus likes them its probably a good film if you like the series but for me its boring but the last couple of minutes made me cry i'd rate 0.5 lol

nicolabellamy77.png

i think the last film i watched was fast and furious 7, i personally hate those films but marcus likes them its probably a good film if you like the series but for me its boring but the last couple of minutes made me cry i'd rate 0.5 lol

0.5 ouch. I guess I will skip that film. To be honest I watched the first one and thought it was OK. I decided not to watch the any of the other films. 

Excuse the bad language

WHAT 0.5 ARE U FUCKING crazy? Lol Fast 7 is amazing no all fast and furious a amazing that was the last film I watched last night. I give it 10 out of 10 and ye u right the last five minutes shuts me up for a bit while i watch the tribute to Paul the legend walker. Its not be the same fast 8 with out walker when o released in cinemas

Stress watch it. Its bloody brilliant

Edited by Gunmanmark
  • Like 2

Excuse the bad language

WHAT 0.5 ARE U FUCKING crazy? Lol Fast 7 is amazing no all fast and furious a amazing that was the last film I watched last night. I give it 10 out of 10 and ye u right the last five minutes shuts me up for a bit while i watch the tribute to Paul the legend walker. Its not be the same fast 8 with out walker when o released in cinemas

Stress watch it. Its bloody brilliant

ok im not bein mean here, but fast 7 was abysmal. it was barely even a film more like a weird found footage tribute film. if paul walker wasn't dead and this was the film they put out it would have been slated even harder by its own fans. its an incoherent non-nonsensical piece of trash that should be forgotten! its not a movie, its a found footage film made by college grads! if your a fan of actual movies then please avoid this

the first 2 films were good all downhill from there :P

the last three films i watched were all set in one room or close enough to :

The Exam 6/10, i liked the premise but some of the acting let it down. i would re watch it though as sometimes the concept behind a movie is enough for me to get hooked synopsis; "eight talented candidates have reached the final stage of selection to join the ranks of a mysterious and powerful corporation. Entering a windowless room, an "Invigilator" gives them 80 minutes to answer one question. He outlines three rules they must obey: don't talk to him or the armed guard by the door, don't spoil their papers and don't leave the room. The candidates turn over their question papers, only to find they're completely blank." http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1258197/ 6/10

The Cube 8/10, hammy acting some poorly written dialogue, but some really interesting turns twists and set ups but a killer idea that sucks me in and has this as one of my favorite movies of all time! out of the three films this is the one i would recommend the highest (may be some nostalgia bias in me though) synopsis ; "7 complete strangers of widely varying personality characteristics are involuntarily placed in an endless kafkaesque maze containing deadly traps." http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0123755/

Rope 8/10, a close 2nd to cube for me! Hitchcock at his finest, heres the synopsis  "Two young men strangle their "inferior" classmate, hide his body in their apartment and then invite his friends and family to a dinner party as a means to challenge the "perfection" of their crime."

Competitive Thursday, TDM madness 8pm GMT

Got Birdman the other day.

Genuinely incredible film, diredtion, music, performances all perfect.

9/5

YESSSS such a good film!!!  great recommendation, gonna watch it again as i only saw it in the cinema when it came out! (dunno how the feck i forgot about it)

Michael Keaton is out of this world amazeballs in this movie!

• Like 2

Competitive Thursday, TDM madness 8pm GMT

Monster Squad 10/10. Loved every minute. I'm a sucker for nostalgia and horror. 80s kids fighting all the classic monsters is my bread and butter. If you enjoy movies like The Goonies, The Explorers, The Lost Boys or Super 8 you've probably already seen this. If not, check it out!

• Like 1

UberL33tPwner69_XDBX_Sig.png

I used to have Monster Squad on VHS.

The last movie I watched at the theatre was Fast 7

The movie was surprisingly good, and very entertaining up until the Paul Walker tribute. It was way over the top. I'd give it an 8.

I can not stand any of those movies. .5 is to good of a rating imo

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Birdman was really good indeed.

Last film I saw at the cinema was Ant-Man. Not the best Marvel but it was damn good. It's a 7 for me.

Currently the girlfriend and I are watching all the Harry Potter movies all over again.

Right now we're up to the 3rd one, The Prisoner of Azkaban.

First one : 7

Second : 7

Third one : 8

Just finished watching a wonderful aussie scifi-horror flick called Infini. What a fantastic mind-f*ck. Watching virtually the entire cast go full on psycho was a blast. The plot is right up the alley of any fans of Event Horizon, Pandorum, Alien or The Thing and it's prequel...The Thing.

I have no idea why this didn't receive a better reception by critics. But, then again, The Cable Guy is one of my favorite movies. I think I just gravitate towards mentally ill characters.

10/10

if you like those sorts of films then its probably good but i dont like them at all so my rating is just my opinion 

nicolabellamy77.png

I guess I will start us off.

Interstellar 3/5

I am a huge sic-fi fan. So when it came to a movie about going into outer space to save mankind I couldn't NOT watch it. The movie was great in the beginning but it took a turn for the worse about half way. I felt like it ended up way out into left field. 

I plan to watch it again in hopes that I might enjoy it more the second time around.

I watched Interstellar recently too, I would rate it about the same. The ending was influenced by 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Which brings me to the point, have you seen 2001, and what would you rate it? Although a weird film, I enjoy how Stanley Kubrick respected the audiences intelligence.

The last movie I saw was American Ultra, I'd give it a 2/5, the plot was pretty meh, and it wasn't as funny as I had expected (I did laugh a few times though).

22 Jump Street. Very funny and the kind of stupid funny I like, not quite as good as 21 Jump Street but close 8/10

• Like 2

if you like those sorts of films then its probably good but i dont like them at all so my rating is just my opinion

No way! I pegged you for scifi-horror. Or, at least, horror...

If I stay

5 stars.

This is an independent movie on Netflix. Lately I have been really liking the independent movies since a lot of them are extremely well written and dont overcompensate with lots of special effects, although they are cool too depending on your mood :)

I always find it hard to write something about the movie but here goes.

It follows the main character throughout her life (jumps around a bit through the important parts) and it shows that she is very different from them and feels alone. She meets a boy and falls in love, even though he is similar to her family but she soon realises that she does fit in. In a tragic turn of events, she must decide whether or not she wants to live.

Very basic story line which I didn't really sell at all but it truly is a must see. If you get into it (even if you don't) it's super emotional. When you think it's all over it hits you a few more times! It's more about the raw connection between family and lovers which will leave you thinking about your own life and your place in it.

scottyb1988.jpg

I was very busy today and did not have time to get online as much as I would have liked to. This thread kind of took off. I am now trying to play catch up. I guess the biggest thing that sticks out to me out of everything posted is the Birdman reviews. For those of you who rated it so high, you are out of your damn minds. I am a HUGE Michael Keaton (I grew watching him on the screen with my dad) and when I saw the trailer for this film I lost my mind and had to see it. I felt like this would be the film that put him back on the map again. I watched it and wanted to drive to Hollywood and slap the shit out of the director and demand back the 2 hours of my life I wasted on the film. Before I continue on my rant let me start by saying, the film Birdman had some of the best acting I have ever seen in a film. Now that I have said that. The story and delivery was terrible. And please god DO NOT get me started on the ending. If you even try to began to tell me some bullshit about the "deeper meaning" or "symbolism" of the film I am going to ask you politely to stop regurgitating something some critic said about the film that made no sense to the real world and those less intelligent used to explain why they personally made no sense of the film. 

Side note:

21 Jump Street was funny, yet to watch 22

Ultra, I agree with the 2/5, it just was not that great to me.

Monster Squad, I can't remember its been awhile since I seen it.

No way! I pegged you for scifi-horror. Or, at least, horror...

definatly horror lol but just not fast and furious type films

• Like 1

nicolabellamy77.png

definatly horror lol but just not fast and furious type films

I don't think Infini is like Fast & the Furious... But, I haven't seen any of those yet.

I was very busy today and did not have time to get online as much as I would have liked to. This thread kind of took off. I am now trying to play catch up. I guess the biggest thing that sticks out to me out of everything posted is the Birdman reviews. For those of you who rated it so high, you are out of your damn minds. I am a HUGE Michael Keaton (I grew watching him on the screen with my dad) and when I saw the trailer for this film I lost my mind and had to see it. I felt like this would be the film that put him back on the map again. I watched it and wanted to drive to Hollywood and slap the shit out of the director and demand back the 2 hours of my life I wasted on the film. Before I continue on my rant let me start by saying, the film Birdman had some of the best acting I have ever seen in a film. Now that I have said that. The story and delivery was terrible. And please god DO NOT get me started on the ending. If you even try to began to tell me some bullshit about the "deeper meaning" or "symbolism" of the film I am going to ask you politely to stop regurgitating something some critic said about the film that made no sense to the real world and those less intelligent used to explain why they personally made no sense of the film. 

Well it was symbolic :P

Ex_machina

The wife choice for last night and really enjoyed its about building robot with artificial intelligence in which as we all know it will overtake us. Very deep subjet between human and AI.

• Like 3