Coronavirus Pandemic

JustHatched

1 hour ago, boozr0wney said:

Its a government plot, they wanna control us.

True story. 

Can anyone tell me what shutting the pubs an hour earlier does? 

As a tradesman, I go to the pub when I finish work as do most people in my local. What does shutting the pub at 10pm do apart from putting everyone out in the street at the same time, getting a taxi at the same time, getting a kebab at the same time? 

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

Learned today that 252 out of 500+ students tested covid positive in a business school in Lyon. That's almost half of the students tested ! Half of them had no symptoms at all, the other half had mild flu symptoms. 

No big deal cause none of them had to visit the hospital or even a doctor but the spread in that particular case is huge. That sh*t is definitely very contagious but thankfully, only a small proportion of people will develop serious infections. Still we need to protect each other, even if it's only for a minority of people. 

UK trace app is finally live. This one is free from dodgy government interference so our data is safe and not being used for political gain. 

My risk is apparently High. 

C83F81C6-063B-4961-AE61-DAEC2D8CCDA7.jpe

Yesterday Florida said that all restaurants and small businesses are free to return to full capacity. Suspending fines for not wearing masks.

Also on that day my son was sent home from school to start a 14 day quarantine after a classmate tested positive.

• Confused 1

Opposite way in the UK. Outside of London most metropolitan areas will be under local restrictions by the end of this weekend. 

No house guests or meeting people in public places unless they are part of your close support bubble. Number of daily cases are the highest they’ve ever been. Number of confirmed cases is down to testing actually taking place outside of hospitals now although the procedure to actually get a test is a mess. Lots of test centres are empty but none available when you try to book. 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sinister said:

Yesterday Florida said that all restaurants and small businesses are free to return to full capacity. Suspending fines for not wearing masks.

Also on that day my son was sent home from school to start a 14 day quarantine after a classmate tested positive.

My sons classmate also tested positive last week, but nothing like quarantine, simply the regular ”dont go to school if you are sick”.

• Like 1

Bunch of dumb c*nts protesting the lockdown calling it tyranny.  They don't know what actual tyranny is.  The police should have broken out the f*cking water cannons.  c*nts.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

The police should have broken out the f*cking water cannons.  

The problem there is that Boris bought the wrong type of water cannon when he was mayor and they ended up getting scrapped. He was a useless mayor. It’s a good thing that they didn’t give him a more important job after that. 

Edited by Squirrel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

The problem there is that Boris bought the wrong type of water cannon when he was mayor and they ended up getting scrapped. He was a useless mayor. It’s a good thing that they didn’t give him a more important job after that. 

good thing he has the c*nt c*m-lord (Dominic Cummings) making all his decisions for him.

15 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

good thing he has the c*nt c*m-lord (Dominic Cummings) making all his decisions for him.

I get the feeling you don’t like the guy!

To be really honest I don’t think anyone likes him, the rumour is that he has a lot of evidence on many prominent figures in politics which is the only reason he’s been kept around. 

3 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I get the feeling you don’t like the guy!

I he was on fire in a ditch I'd point and laugh, then take photos and send them to his loved ones.  

1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

...the rumour is that he has a lot of evidence on many prominent figures in politics which is the only reason he’s been kept around. 

That's how politics work unfortunately. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

General update from Slovenia, eventhough I don't really follow the news:

Number of cases is highest it's been, some due to more testing, but mostly because people were generally careless during summer (vacations, going abroad, gatherings, ...) and it's cold/flu season with weather cooling down. Measures are coming back, eventhough they are less strict than in spring, mostly because goverment (new one) doesn't want to hurt their reputation (and economy).

Most stupid-doesntmakeanysense measure is that bars&restaurants close at 22:00h. 🤦

Schools are open (for now), though they will send entire class home for 14 days if anyone in the classroom t*stes positive. Masks are becoming compulsary in many places after they have been mostly only recommended during summer. At least people are 98% following this reccomendation.

I'm glad I've moved to the countryside in March, so don't really go anywhere unless I have to.

Edited by zmurko

6PM today, local lockdown. A little under half Welsh population will be under local lockdown.

All the good work we did has been undone in a matter of weeks.

Can still meet people outdoors and pubs remain open until 10PM. Makes no sense. Silver spoons who are out of touch with the real world always call the shots and getting it wrong.

Edited by DavidCore89

Local lockdown is still a few weeks away where I live. Could happen sooner in cities like Marseille or Paris. 

Masks are mandatory at work, in every shops and malls and in most city centres. 

Numbers are also at an all time high and like Z said, that's down to lots of testing and also lots of careless behaviors during the summer. A dozen cities are in "super red" zones (the gvt changes names and colors of alerts areas every other week...) with bars and restaurants requested to close at 10pm, which I also find stupid. Either close it or don't. 

Currently only Marseille is in maximum alert with bars, restaurants, pools and fitness rooms having to close. My city (Tours) should reach "super red" alert level this coming week. Won't change a thing for me anyway so don't care. Can't wait to be locked down again. Had a wonderful time this spring with my wife and child. 

All bars here now need to close at 10pm and the number of people that can enter has been decreased. No more spectators a football matches, also no parents at the football pitch when their kids play. Only dropping off.
Working from home is again preferred. Only go to the work place if its absolitely necessary for the work you do.

We are have 3000 new COVID cases per day but scientists are saying, based on data research, that the virus seems to be weaker than in march. The time people spend in the hospital is down to 2/3 and the severity of their symptoms is less.

Just sitting at home for the most part and only going out for groceries. Can't go visit Ultra's new baby or really go see my grand kids. Not really worried about myself, I just don't want to possibly give it to others. Sold a few things and a car. Had several people come to my house and not a single one had masks on and several were MUCH older than me and were in the high risk group. I had my face cover on during their visit. Silly people!

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Since our son was sent home to quarantine he was tested for the virus, wife took one as well. Shockingly enough they are negative. According to social media just walking outside means your going to get it so I figured they would be positive. 

4 hours ago, Sinister said:

Since our son was sent home to quarantine he was tested for the virus, wife took one as well. Shockingly enough they are negative. According to social media just walking outside means your going to get it so I figured they would be positive. 

Just plain silly *ss stuff!

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

I had a delivery driver  at work today (old boy) completely ignore all social distancing rules then try and blame the younger generation for the pandemic.

Wasn't impressed as IMO its people like him who don't seem to care that are the problem, and they come in all ages.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

New measures in Slovenia after exponential growth of new cases over the last few weeks. We had a record breaking 750 new cases yesterday (mind you, there's only 2mil of us, so you do the maths)

Elementary school grades 6-9 and high schools are back to remote learning for next 2 weeks, though one of these 2 weeks is fall holidays anyway. Grades 1-5 will continue to run normally next week, kindergardens as well. This measure is to be reevaluated on a weekly basis.

Some parts of the country (140 or more new cases per 100.000 people over the last 2 weeks) will have more strict measures, including wearing masks in public too, closed restaurants, bars,...

Limited mobility when it comes to going from red zone regions to orange zone regions (less new cases per 100.000 people). Plenty of exceptions though, including going to work, taking care of family members, property upkeep, schooling, ...

No gatherings over 10 people in orange regions, no gathering at all in red regions. No religious ceremonies, no weddings, organized sport activities is limited to basically proffesional sports only, ...

Plus some other minor measures.

Here we go again ... 😷

Edited by zmurko