Coronavirus Pandemic

JustHatched

A mutated version of covid-19 has been found in 12 people in Denmark. The mutation has happened in minks on some of our many mink farms. The scary thing is that antibodies haven't got the same effect on the virus as on the original so any vaccine in development won't work as intended. So now all minks which is 15-17 million will be put down in the coming days. Hopefully it has been discovered in time. And one could also hope this will lead to the end of the animal cruelty that is mink farming.

Edited by Banketelli
  • Sad 1

Had a  notification I've got to self isolate for 8 days after being somewhere with someone with covid. Kind of sucks being as I'm self employed and cant earn for 8 days!

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

1 hour ago, CatManDoza said:

Had a  notification I've got to self isolate for 8 days after being somewhere with someone with covid. Kind of sucks being as I'm self employed and cant earn for 8 days!

That's awful. I'm also self employed, any slowdown is too much.

2 hours ago, CatManDoza said:

Convicted and sentenced of Covid without a trial or evidence!

No fast tests there?

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

On 11/4/2020 at 5:55 PM, Banketelli said:

A mutated version of covid-19 has been found in 12 people in Denmark. The mutation has happened in minks on some of our many mink farms. The scary thing is that antibodies haven't got the same effect on the virus as on the original so any vaccine in development won't work as intended. So now all minks which is 15-17 million will be put down in the coming days. Hopefully it has been discovered in time. And one could also hope this will lead to the end of the animal cruelty that is mink farming.

North Jutland, where the vast majority of mink farms are placed and where the 12 people were infected, is now getting closed down almost completely to stop the spread of the new mutation.

54 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

Convicted and sentenced of Covid without a trial or evidence!

No fast tests there?

There's a drive in test centre near me, might drive there tomorow and see, I simply cannot afford 8 days off work. Bet working in an empty house doesn't count fro anything either!

On 11/5/2020 at 12:04 PM, CatManDoza said:

Bet working in an empty house doesn't count fro anything either!

Of course it doesn't matter! It's NOT logical mandate, it's a power mandate.

"WE KNOW BETTER THAN YOU DO TO RUN YOUR OWN LIFE! YOU'RE TOO STUPID!"

Because Fat Buds Matter!

And now my daughter has to self isolate for 14 days as a kid in her year group has got it.

Now does that mean my son cant go to school either? Do I not have to work for even longer than the 8 days I had to isolate for?

1 hour ago, CatManDoza said:

And now my daughter has to self isolate for 14 days as a kid in her year group has got it.

Now does that mean my son cant go to school either? Do I not have to work for even longer than the 8 days I had to isolate for?

Not sure how they do it over there or really over here but...

My son was sent home for 14 days last month to isolate because of a classmate testing positive. All they told us was to keep him home and wearing a mask. He stayed home but didn't wear a mask and his test came back negative after a day or 2. I kept going to work and living life normally like I have been all year.

Here kids who are considered contact cases have to stay home for a week and have to get a test 5 to 7 days after last contact with the positive case. 

They go back to school if the test is negative or stay home for another week if positive. 

Basically the same for adults. Except for healthcare personnel who have to go to work even if they're positive !!! My sister in law is covid positive and she has to go to work. Even better, she's a nurse in an elderly home ! 

This virus is never going away... 

No, it will never go away. No matter how many masks are worn or businesses fall into ruin. It will always be out there just like millions of other viruses. 

Got another email about confirmed cases in my childrens classes, it really feels it is getting closer. 
Also a colleague of the Mrs who had it early summer, and had anti-bodies after that, no longer has any anti-bodies.

1 hour ago, Lann said:

Got another email about confirmed cases in my childrens classes, it really feels it is getting closer. 
Also a colleague of the Mrs who had it early summer, and had anti-bodies after that, no longer has any anti-bodies.

Here it's also getting closer. And we also are seeing people who were sick two times.

In general things are improving here. The peak was about two weeks ago with almost 11.000 cases a day. Now we are at about 4.500.

Stil in partial lockdown. will probably not change much until the end of the year.

Son had a fever and was throwing up yesterday. Called our PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN, they operate in a big clinic with lots of other doctors, you know, the people that help us when we are sick.

First thing they ask is if he has been tested for covid. Well, no, hence the reason we are calling the DOCTOR.

Response.

We don't test here and if he is positive we WILL NOT see him. If he has ANY symptoms of covid, we WILL NOT see him. Makes absolute perfect f*cking sense doesn't it?

Called other places about testing and they either had no appointments available or no test kits. Excellent work, America. Keep it up.

Have no fear, one week after elections and Pfizer miraculously has a vaccine that is over 90% effective.

Edited by Sinister
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Sinister said:

Son had a fever and was throwing up yesterday. Called our PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN, they operate in a big clinic with lots of other doctors, you know, the people that help us when we are sick.

First thing they ask is if he has been tested for covid. Well, no, hence the reason we are calling the DOCTOR.

Response.

We don't test here and if he is positive we WILL NOT see him. If he has ANY symptoms of covid, we WILL NOT see him. Makes absolute perfect f*cking sense doesn't it?

Called other places about testing and they either had no appointments available or no test kits. Excellent work, America. Keep it up.

Have no fear, one week after elections and Pfizer miraculously has a vaccine that is over 90% effective.

Just plain insanity! Cold symptoms could be covid symptoms.............as well as many other sicknesses!

Smelly timing on Pfizer!

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

I thought the Pfizer vaccine was always aiming for November to publish the results? 

The people working on the vaccine main aim will have been getting it ready as soon as possible. The same vaccine will be getting used globally, the UK has already ordered millions of doses of it. They wouldn’t be holding back the results just because one country had an election. 

• Like 1

I just learned that one reason, amongst other, that Sweden has not shut down like many other countries is that there is no law that can restrict peoples movement. They simply can not force a curfew or travel restrictions, not even shut down things like gyms or museums. They are working to get a law ready in a year or so. One reason for all the recommendations.

2 hours ago, Squirrel said:

I thought the Pfizer vaccine was always aiming for November to publish the results? 

The people working on the vaccine main aim will have been getting it ready as soon as possible. The same vaccine will be getting used globally, the UK has already ordered millions of doses of it. They wouldn’t be holding back the results just because one country had an election. 

Of course they won’t but I was a witch in a former life and I still love stirring pots. 

Unpopular opinion but this whole fiasco still doesn’t scare me and I think people are crazy. They can make all the vaccines they want I won’t be taking it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Of course they won’t but I was a witch in a former life and I still love stirring pots. 

Unpopular opinion but this whole fiasco still doesn’t scare me and I think people are crazy. They can make all the vaccines they want I won’t be taking it. 

Seconded

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lann said:

I just learned that one reason, amongst other, that Sweden has not shut down like many other countries is that there is no law that can restrict peoples movement. They simply can not force a curfew or travel restrictions, not even shut down things like gyms or museums. They are working to get a law ready in a year or so. One reason for all the recommendations.

I need to move!

• Haha 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

2 hours ago, Sinister said:

With this vaccine it won’t need everyone to take it. As long as the vulnerable and people who work with high risk people are vaccinated the rest of us should be fine. There will be enough herd immunity in the general population to keep outbreaks to a minimum. 

For your own health though, if you are eligible for a flu vaccine and need to take one every year this vaccine could be the thing that keeps you alive for a bit longer. 

Edited by Squirrel

I was pretty concerned when all this started. I was following it much earlier than most folks I know, and I took it seriously then more than now. No shots for me or my family also. I know of folks who have died from it, but with the stats on masking, lockdown, etc. it's hard to do more than be cautious but keep living.

@Lannwe also have laws against all this stuff but this is America. We don't give a sh*t about laws until they work in our favor.

On a positive note, my gym has a row of tv's facing the cardio equipment. Usually Fox News, ESPN, and whatever channel TMZ is on. So given the options, I've become a fan of watching Korean Baseball while listening to Wagner or Pink Floyd.

Edited by Jjss924
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Squirrel said:

With this vaccine it won’t need everyone to take it. As long as the vulnerable and people who work with high risk people are vaccinated the rest of us should be fine. There will be enough herd immunity in the general population to keep outbreaks to a minimum. 

For your own health though, if you are eligible for a flu vaccine and need to take one every year this vaccine could be the thing that keeps you alive for a bit longer. 

I haven't had a flu shot since I left the military. They made us get one every year and every year I had a sore arm and was sick. Last had one about 2 decades ago and have been sick maybe twice since then. 

4 hours ago, Jjss924 said:

it's hard to do more than be cautious but keep living.

@Lannwe also have laws against all this stuff but this is America. We don't give a sh*t about laws until they work in our favor.

Caution is the best thing. Sadly most folks are too stupid to do that. They cough all over everything with disregard, don't wash their hands and everyone's favorite, prove just how f*cking manly they are by going to work while sick as hell.

Amen about laws. 

Even Biden knows there is only so much he can do and that a mask "mandate" isn't one of them.

We got new local recommendations yesterday, stricter obviously. I appreciate them and will respect them. Basically they ask all not to do anything amongst other people (outside of family) unless one really need to. For me practicing bjj four times a week since july will have to end. Fortunately the recommendations are that kids up to 16yrs should continue their sports, so my kids can keep practicing. I can only guess that the importance of kids social aspect of school and sports is valued high, and i really think they are right.