Coronavirus Pandemic

JustHatched

30 minutes ago, Lann said:

I read this without knowing or trying to figure out if its a from any type of extreme angle/politics/whatever, but still interesting to read and i figured i share it.

https://t.co/I1ZEjARsQd

Pretty interesting read and does seem to answer some questions. Now, are those answers actually correct?

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

1 minute ago, zztop911 said:

Pretty interesting read and does seem to answer some questions. Now, are those answers actually correct?

Yea.. who knows 😉

2 hours ago, zztop911 said:

Are the questions correct? That is the main issue right now. Everywhere around the world we have reports of relevant mistakes and of non accounted infected and deaths. Every country counts the deaths by corona in different scenarios. It takes time to put all information together and do a proper retrospective essay. For now? What he says is as valid as what everyone else says.

Besides, he is not an epidemiologist, so it is not his field of expertise. Even if he is right, he should address that by publishing a paper to peer review. 

Science is not propaganda. Its facts! And, what a discovery, it seems everyone of us reacts differently to the virus and that some races are more predisposed than others... like it usually is... 

Virus, bacterias and funghus are very racist, did you know? 😉 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

Are the questions correct? That is the main issue right now. Everywhere around the world we have reports of relevant mistakes and of non accounted infected and deaths. Every country counts the deaths by corona in different scenarios. It takes time to put all information together and do a proper retrospective essay. For now? What he says is as valid as what everyone else says.

Besides, he is not an epidemiologist, so it is not his field of expertise. Even if he is right, he should address that by publishing a paper to peer review. 

Science is not propaganda. Its facts! And, what a discovery, it seems everyone of us reacts differently to the virus and that some races are more predisposed than others... like it usually is... 

Virus, bacterias and funghus are very racist, did you know? 😉 

Some people are trying make  "NewSpeak" a fugging reality!

I just don't see how HEALTHY people of different ethnic origins could have BIOLOGICAL differences to make them either more or less affected than any other group, given how "small" the world is today. We are all generally exposed to the same loads of nasty and good bugs.

Using generalities, I could see how cultural differences could make an impact on how the virus effects them. That's just stating the possibilities.

Given today's retarded climate, that would probablly get tagged as "racist"!

spacer.png

Edited by zztop911

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

I learned from a Juggalo that the virus is so strong because the Chinese made it in a lab. Once they finished it, it was picked up by one of Joe Biden's sons and brought to the US on the day impeachment papers against Trump were signed. After that it was released around the country to make Trump look bad and ruin his approval ratings so that Joe Biden can win the election.

giphy.gif

Edited by Sinister

So if it's not biology at play...perhaps there could be socio-economic factors when accounting for the higher covid death rate for BAME people. 

Anyway, know it's the fakenews NYT I'm sharing (just incase, 😉), but I found this to be an interesting piece of deductive research into the male ego, or at least that of our male elected leaders - https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/13/opinion/sunday/women-leaders-coronavirus.html

• Like 1

Saw this as an example of the potential costs being treated for Covid-19 in the states if you dont have insurance. Could this be true, could it be that expensive?
If its true, how would one go about it, some kind of payment plan i guess or how could it work? 

dTJJ4wh.jpg

15 minutes ago, Lann said:

Saw this as an example of the potential costs being treated for Covid-19 in the states if you dont have insurance. Could this be true, could it be that expensive?
If its true, how would one go about it, some kind of payment plan i guess or how could it work? 

It's true.  They charge like $3000 for an ambulance trip to the hospital.

Land of the free, if you can afford it.

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lann said:

dTJJ4wh.jpg

A lot of those costs are down to insurance companies inflating prices. 

If you can’t pay then you declare bankruptcy. 

I have very strong opinions about free healthcare. Without the NHS I would be either be in a deep financial mess or possibly not be here at all. I would hate to think what the costs would be for my treatment. Even the cost of the scans I’ve had would vastly exceed my financial means if I was paying for my healthcare as a service when required. 

I know a portion of my salary goes towards paying for the NHS. I’m happy with that arrangement. Costs of treatments are controlled. For those who can afford a faster treatment we have the option to go private but it’s optional for those who want to pay the extra.

I definitely appreciate my countries healthcare system, my medication is free and my travel expenses are also subsidised.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

I know a portion of my salary goes towards paying for the NHS. I’m happy with that arrangement. Costs of treatments are controlled. For those who can afford a faster treatment we have the option to go private but it’s optional for those who want to pay the extra.

I definitely appreciate my countries healthcare system, my medication is free and my travel expenses are also subsidised.

If any politician here tries to get rid of the NHS there will be riots in the streets that will make what's happening now look like a f*cking tea party.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

If any politician here tries to get rid of the NHS there will be riots in the streets that will make what's happening now look like a f*cking tea party.

Our system's not cheap and somewhat complex. Everybody can choose their own insurance company and packages.  You also pay it yourself. It is not deducted from your salary.

There is a basic insurance that's compulsary, which costs about EUR 100,- per month. It also has a compulsary deducatable excess (if I say this right) of EUR 385 per year for hospital care and certain medications. So you only pay it if you need it. But you can pay that in monthly installments if you know beforehand that you will use it. Like when you have a chronical disease. Plus, people with low income get government support for the insurance costs.

Next to the basic insurance you can get additional packages for dental care and things like extra physiotherapy, contacts, etc.  My wife and I pay about EUR 160,- a month per adult. The kids are for free and have no compulsary deductable excess.

So the insurance is already there as a fixed cost. If you leave that out of the equation, going to a hospital with a disease like COVID would cost someone here, EUR 385,- of deductable excess.

It's not all hallalujah... Off course there are certain medications that will not be reimbursed and not all treatments are ok. They can still look at the costs.
And there you have the main problem. Because the power here lies with the insurance companies. Years ago, the governement took a step back from health care and gave the market more freedom. This has resulted in insurance companies trying to get hospitals and other healt professionals to do more at less costs.This in the end influences the choice and quality of the healthcare.

A system like the NHS sounds way better because I think health care is a government task and not something that should be controlled by companies that are focused on profits and shareholders.

• Like 2

@Schumi6581 that sounds so complicated.  I love that I can just go to a hospital with any kind of illness/injury and money is never a part of the equation.  

There aren't too many things that make me really proud to be British, but the NHS is a big one.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

@Schumi6581 that sounds so complicated.  I love that I can just go to a hospital with any kind of illness/injury and money is never a part of the equation.  

There aren't too many things that make me really proud to be British, but the NHS is a big one.

Likewise in Portugal! NHS and  Cristiano Ronaldo, of course 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

and  Cristiano Ronaldo, of course 😂😂😂

We're not too fond of him over here 😄 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

We're not too fond of him over here 😄 

Same in the Netherlands... Still remember 2006.... 😉

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, zztop911 said:

I just don't see how HEALTHY people of different ethnic origins could have BIOLOGICAL differences to make them either more or less affected than any other group, given how "small" the world is today. We are all generally exposed to the same loads of nasty and good bugs.

That is the issue, genetics is not straightforward. Some races still have more predisposition for certain illnesses than others. This is not racism, its genetics and base level physiology. So, sorry if that upsets someone, but it is a fact, not an opinion.... 

4 minutes ago, Schumi6581 said:

Same in the Netherlands... Still remember 2006.... 😉

Well, guess who is still European champion?? 😂

2 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

Well, guess who is still European champion?? 😂

You're screwed when he retires 😛 

Just a bit of an update from Aus.

Very few new cases each day. There've been 21 new cases in the contrary in the last 24hrs. All but 1 being in the states of VIC and NSW, which the rest of the country maintains closed borders with. This brings our total to 7391 cases and 102 deaths nationally.

Each state is rolling back lockdowns at a different rate with SA (my home state) leading the way after only 3 new cases in about 5 weeks.

We're now beginning to look at possible international travel with other countries such as New Zealand which shares an incredibly low rate of infection.

We've begun to bring back social events such as sports with limited crowds, and rolling back government support in certain areas that are beginning to return to normal.

Economically, we're beginning on our road to recovery already but it's going to be a long one. 

We've still a long way to go, but we're getting through it.

Edited by Skorpion

3 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Just an example of the UK governments ineptitude:

Reveal hidden contents

3D5856CE-3506-4BA9-9506-3B4DD146308A.jpe

Even if the government's own system had been completed as they intended, developers at the company I work for (who produce equivalent apps for Android and Apple phones) reckon it would never have worked on both systems, so had no chance of being taken up by enough people anyway. It's a complete f*ck up from start to finish.

Edited by djw180

30 minutes ago, The_Lady_A said:

So, uh, who else felt more unsafe when their respective government started rolling back lockdown measures? 

I still act the same, but I am worried we will see alot of new cases as people seem to be less carefull now around the globe.