Coronavirus Pandemic

JustHatched

15 hours ago, Sinister said:

Here in Florida it is business as usual all over the state. Governor has pretty much made it illegal to restrict or mandate anything regarding Covid. Sadly most folks in the country have quit their jobs and getting anything done is a colossal pain in the *ss. Not to mention this country doesn't make much of anything and relies on China to do it for us. We have dozens of ships back up in all the ports waiting for people to unload them. I find that funny because our military has an entire battalion dedicated to unloading ships. I was a part of it for 4 years. 

Last I read infection rates are going up in 13 states. Nearly 2 years ago folks were saying this would be over in a few days, wish they were right.

Here we have the highest infection rates since the start of the pandemic. About twice as much!
Hospitals and IC units are filling up again and restrictions are growing. The vaccine is helping but there are more than enough people that aren't vaccinated to keep the hospitals busy. And off course there is a small group of vaccinated people that still get very ill. The hospitals have made clear that they cannot handle the same numbers as they did 1,5 years ago. The system is even more overloaded right now....

54 minutes ago, Schumi6581 said:

Here we have the highest infection rates since the start of the pandemic. About twice as much!
Hospitals and IC units are filling up again and restrictions are growing. The vaccine is helping but there are more than enough people that aren't vaccinated to keep the hospitals busy. And off course there is a small group of vaccinated people that still get very ill. The hospitals have made clear that they cannot handle the same numbers as they did 1,5 years ago. The system is even more overloaded right now....

Basically the same in France but with a small delay (about a week) compared to Austria, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany... 

We saw some footage from Rotterdam (I think) in the news about demonstrations that ended badly with the police shooting at some people causing trouble. 

It is accurate or was it exagerated by the media (or downplayed?)

35 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Basically the same in France but with a small delay (about a week) compared to Austria, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany... 

We saw some footage from Rotterdam (I think) in the news about demonstrations that ended badly with the police shooting at some people causing trouble. 

It is accurate or was it exagerated by the media (or downplayed?)

Yeah there were some demonstrations in bigger cities. Also near me. I think nationwide in total 3 people were shot and wounded by police because the police were cornered during these demonstrations. People are saying that only part of the group were actually demonstrating against the corona pandemic restrictions and a part of the group used it just to create chaos and fear.

11 hours ago, Schumi6581 said:

only part of the group were actually demonstrating against the corona pandemic restrictions and a part of the group used it just to create chaos and fear.

That's what happens during every démonstration in France. A minority always hides amongst the demonstrators to breaks things and fight the police... 

Here we go again.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/11/28/world/covid-omicron-variant-news

On 11/26/2021 at 3:08 AM, Fido_le_muet said:

That's what happens during every démonstration in France. A minority always hides amongst the demonstrators to breaks things and fight the police... 

That happens everywhere. It's a real big industry here in the USA. Now they have branched off and groups of people are starting to perform large scale smash and grab style robberies in major stores.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/583262-smash-and-grab-robberies-hit-stores-around-the-country-on-black-friday

These days it's organized on social media apps to loot, smash & grab or flash mob rob certain businesses. There is going to be an angry stressed out shop owner with a gun one day that's going to translate a bunch to heaven. 

• Like 1

-12C here, in favour of virus spreading, but also keeping people away from any type of protests outside. Nothing changed here, except you need to prove you taken your shots if you are to attend a public event with 100+ people. Stay safe!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I now have Covid, as does the wife. Since I will be off work for a couple of weeks I will get some needed maintenance done to the website that I can't get time to do otherwise.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone will get it at some point. Hell, most everyone has already had it and just didn’t know it. Only those that get tested every single time they have a sniffle will know.

We could all hide in caves for years and it would still be waiting for you whenever you come out. Just another in an extremely long list of diseases on the planet that aren’t going anywhere as long as life exists. 

• 1 year later...

Long gone in most peoples mind I am sure. Today it was announced Sweden is Covid free, as in not one single person being treated for it. Three years and five months since our first.

🥂🎉

• Like 4

Haven't heard anything about it in quite some time but still see people in masks. Of course here in the states pres elections are all folks have on their minds so they have new things to argue and hate one another over.