Coronavirus Pandemic

JustHatched

Curfew starting this weekend in the whole Paris region and 8 other metropolitan areas in the red zone. No one outside from 9pm to 6am except for work. 

Sanitary state of emergency back on for the whole country but that's just as a legal basis for the gvt to take more drastic measures in the future. 

Private gatherings for weddings and anniversaries are now forbidden. Gvt recommends 6 people max if inviting/visiting friends/relatives. We should limit our social bubble to as few people as possible. 

Sports events in the evenings will be without audience. Restaurants, bars, cinemas and such will need to close at 9pm in the red zones. 

Gvt says we have to go through this til next summer. At least. 

How do you guys cope with this whole vivid crisis? Are you scared, confident, optimistic about the future? Do you fear about gvts taking away your liberties? Do you think this is the beginning or a bigger social crisis? 

Today, we got the word that one of the electricians, on the project I work on, had tested positiv. First person I know to have it so a bit of strange feeling to finally having it up close.

I only found out around 10am from one of the carpenters. Called to inform my boss but he already knew. Apparently all the bosses had gotten the word yesterday afternoon but still none of us workers had been informed. Complete bullsh*t. It's not a big project. We often work side-by-side. People can have dragged that sh*t home to their vulnerable loved ones. We had to go around and inform each other. Only action that had been taken was that the all the thunder boys had been pulled from the project by their company/or banned from the site.

Don't know what the others did but us pipe pullers said 'f*ck it' and went to get tested. So for now, I've put myself in self-isolation and hopefully I get a negativ answer tomorrow or Sunday. Though, a little part of me hope that the sh*t has spread across the whole project so the bosses can feel it where it hurts - their wallets.

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 2

@Banketelliseems strange to hear of people who have hardly come in contact with the virus. 

Currently two people from my work are off with it with the rest of their team isolating. I’ve got a couple of other mates ill with it too and they’re recovering. 

Knowing people with the virus has become normal life. 

13 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

@Banketelliseems strange to hear of people who have hardly come in contact with the virus. 

Currently two people from my work are off with it with the rest of their team isolating. I’ve got a couple of other mates ill with it too and they’re recovering. 

Knowing people with the virus has become normal life. 

Not that uncommon here. Not from my experience, at least. Though, I don't have fb so there probably has been some I just don't know about.

But just today when the discussing it on site, neither of the guys in my firm knew someone with it before today, and later two of the carpenters told the same thing. 

Edited by Banketelli

I’ll tell you what is weird.

I still don’t know anyone with it. No one at work, none of the large group I play Pokémon Go with (outside mind you). No friends, no family. 

Son and some others were sent home from school a couple weeks ago because someone was supposed to have tested positive. Not a single person around that person ever tested positive. 

I know a dozen people who have/had it. My co-worker had lunch with someone positive 2 weeks ago but looks like she wasn't infected. That or she got it but was asymptomatic. She didn't want to get tested so I guess we'll see what happens. We have masks on all the time so should be fine. 

@Sinisterdidn't know you were a poke trainer. Me too 😁😁

19 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

I

@Sinisterdidn't know you were a poke trainer. Me too 😁😁

Yes, sir. Started in 2016 but stopped until summer of 19. Played occasionally but have been playing daily since March of this year. About to hit rank 39.

I can always use more long distance friends for far away eggs.

Sinist3r120    5097 5643 3788  

• Like 1

Pokemon Go, connecting continents 😁

Here we have more than 8000 new Covid cases per day, and still increasing. Partial lockdown is back so restaurants and bars closed. No sale of alcohol after 20.00h and all (amateur and professional) sports matches between different clubs is prohibited. Except professional football.

The government is working on a facemask law to make them mandatory in public buildings, shops, etc. At the moment they are urgently advising people to wear them but a lot of stubborn Dutch people refuse to do that. And there are still people not caring about social distancing. I don't get it. How hard can it be.
The government is also thinking of ways to get the restaurants re-opened again. They did pretty well with the previous rules and took a lot of measures to prevent the spread. People don't move around as much in a restaurant compared to a bar.

I'm just working from home as I have done the last 7 months. I know some people that got infected but not among my family or direct friends. The teacher of my youngest daughter tested positive a few days ago so lets see what this brings...

We have to sit this one out and hope we learn enough to battle these epidemics/pandemics better in the future.

Sweden have no new restrictions. But the social distancing and all daily safety measures, like encourage working from home and no gatherings bigger than 50, is still in place. 

The increase in the number of laboratory-confirmed cases of covid-19 seen since the beginning of September is now being followed in a few regions by an increased number of patients who are hospitalized and cases among people living in nursing homes. The number of patients with confirmed covid-19 who started intensive care also increased slightly in week 41 and so far 16 patients have been reported newly admitted to intensive care. No effect on the number of deaths is yet visible. The number of hospitalized patients remains at a low level compared with the spring.

On 10/16/2020 at 10:55 PM, Banketelli said:

Today, we got the word that one of the electricians, on the project I work on, had tested positiv. First person I know to have it so a bit of strange feeling to finally having it up close.

I only found out around 10am from one of the carpenters. Called to inform my boss but he already knew. Apparently all the bosses had gotten the word yesterday afternoon but still none of us workers had been informed. Complete bullsh*t. It's not a big project. We often work side-by-side. People can have dragged that sh*t home to their vulnerable loved ones. We had to go around and inform each other. Only action that had been taken was that the all the thunder boys had been pulled from the project by their company/or banned from the site.

Don't know what the others did but us pipe pullers said 'f*ck it' and went to get tested. So for now, I've put myself in self-isolation and hopefully I get a negativ answer tomorrow or Sunday. Though, a little part of me hope that the sh*t has spread across the whole project so the bosses can feel it where it hurts - their wallets.

So all of us in my firm tested negativ but all of a sudden my boss is being super cautious and wants us to take the day off tomorrow and get a new test. Not complaining, though.😁 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lann said:

Sweden have no new restrictions. But the social distancing and all daily safety measures, like encourage working from home and no gatherings bigger than 50, is still in place. 

The increase in the number of laboratory-confirmed cases of covid-19 seen since the beginning of September is now being followed in a few regions by an increased number of patients who are hospitalized and cases among people living in nursing homes. The number of patients with confirmed covid-19 who started intensive care also increased slightly in week 41 and so far 16 patients have been reported newly admitted to intensive care. No effect on the number of deaths is yet visible. The number of hospitalized patients remains at a low level compared with the spring.

that's how things started here a few weeks ago. First an increase in COVID cases with mainly youngsters (so not many in the hospitals), then an increase in hospitalizations (because elderly are catching it), then IC beds and then casualties....

Hope Sweden flattens that curve.

Edited by Schumi6581

ALL these stupidass measures imposed by stupid govt officials means nothing if people don't use common sense.

Most of the government idiot measures are needless and actually very harmful to the population(Orders to send  people recovering from covid to nursing homes killed over 6,000 in New York state!)and the economies of the world.  People can work and do other things IF they become diligent in following simple common sense measures. Those that have underlying conditions are the ones we need to protect and stay home.

Plain and simple, no matter what these stupid Nanny State moronic govt official pull outta their *ss will do anything if people don't follow common sense and be diligent about it.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

National lockdown starting in Wales on Friday for 2 weeks. I prefer the proper lockdown instead of that local bullsh*t that nobody has been listening to.

Can't see it helping much, it's not long enough IMO, although it might ease pressure on our hospitals which are nearing capacity again.

Edited by DavidCore89

Yep, looks like all these measures have little effect. Same in France. Rumor says that a national curfew will be announced soon. Hospitals ICUs are filling up as well. In my area numbers are increasing fast and we should be on curfew soon. 

Christmas is f*cked. 

Lock downs only do a few things.

Lessens the curve for hospitals while in force.

Wreck damn economies! PERIOD!

Has no impact on the eventual numbers of infections before a vaccine is found and large scale inoculations occur.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

1 hour ago, zztop911 said:

Lock downs only do a few things.

Lessens the curve for hospitals while in force.

Wreck damn economies! PERIOD!

Has no impact on the eventual numbers of infections before a vaccine is found and large scale inoculations occur.

Well, lessening the curve is very important when you don’t have enough beds for everyone... selecting who is elegible for treatment is something we are not used to in Europe. Everyone is entitlled to get treatment to the full extent of the known science... 

• Like 1

Some changes made in Sweden today.

The more defensive recommendations for older (70+) have been removed, the negative aspects of isolation have been considered. The recommendations are now the same for all.

Still the basics that everyone need to take alot of responsibility for ones actions.

Sport and culture events can now allow 300 people (from 50), if it can be done with certain measures like distance.

Nightclub limits are set to 50 people.

Bunch of new restrictions from Monday.

The one that caught my attention is that when in the gym you have to wear a mask when not doing a workout. I'm very much in favor of masks but ffs... I'm pretty sure the virus will quickly find its way around a gym, masks or no masks.

Most of these rules are nonsense, just for show. Like you can't buy alcohol in shops after 10pm. Reason being that it's to prevent people from buying booze when bars close at 10 and continuing the party. I mean, even drunk f*cks can plan. The only thing to come out of it is that now the shops just close altogether at 10.

Either close sh*t down or do as Sweden. And judging by people's behavior here, closing sh*t down is probably the wisest choice. The corona fatigue is real. We were prepared for a sprint, not a marathon.

Edit: The fitness chains had interpreted the new rule incorrectly. The government has just specified that no masks are mandatory once you leave the locker room.

Edited by Banketelli

They make us wear a mask while walking to the table in a restaurant but we can take it off once seated. Makes as much sense as a pissing section in a swimming pool.

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Sinister said:

They make us wear a mask while walking to the table in a restaurant but we can take it off once seated. Makes as much sense as a pissing section in a swimming pool.

Well, you have to eat right? 

the wisest would be to have more offers like Uber eats and advertise them more efficiently. 

forget restaurants as such, just have your favourite  meals in the security of your home. 

No restaurant needs to be out of work... 

1 hour ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

Well, you have to eat right? 

the wisest would be to have more offers like Uber eats and advertise them more efficiently. 

forget restaurants as such, just have your favourite  meals in the security of your home. 

No restaurant needs to be out of work... 

Oh we have all of that here and it is super busy. Most places are surviving because of it. We picked up plenty of meals before the places opened back up.

As far as my family using uber eats or anything like it, NO THANKS. I don't trust some redneck *sshole to pick up my McDonalds order and put it in his nasty cig smoker car and bring it to my house. I've watched those people pick up orders and put their hands on everything. Hard pass.

It's crazy enough trusting humans in a sit down joint.

• Like 1

55K people in my country signed a petition to allow shops to sell non-essential items during this 2 week lockdown.

I'm surprised. I was certain we had more than 55K idiots living here.

These people managed to find an online petition, I can only hope they also stumble across online shopping too.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

55K people in my country signed a petition to allow shops to sell non-essential items during this 2 week lockdown.

I'm surprised. I was certain we had more than 55K idiots living here.

These people managed to find an online petition, I can only hope they also stumble across online shopping too.

I think @djw180told me during the first lockdown that the British liquor stores were labeled essential. So what else do they need? 🙂 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Schumi6581 said:

I think @djw180told me during the first lockdown that the British liquor stores were labeled essential. So what else do they need? 🙂 

Alcohol is still an essential. People essentially wanna get pissed :classic_biggrin:

This lockdown has seen more firm rules. Non-essential items are covered with plastic.

• Haha 1