DiRT Rally (& the XDBX League)

Protocawl

I really enjoy Finland every time, no matter what happens and it's our 2nd event this season, starting in 11 hours!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Protocawl

• DavidCore89

• Dodge

• Beez

Top Posters In This Topic

All done with Finland.

Lots of fun, much better than Greece ;) I did manage to fuck my car up so badly that visibility became a real issue due to my crumpled bonnet.  The rain didn't help either.  I was hopping up in my seat trying to see where I was going, like a little old lady trying to see over the steering wheel :D

• Haha 2

Lost my lights in the last section of the long 2nd night stage. Overall drove my pace and tried to keep the car in good shape. 

@Dodge, @Crawford1872, @Road2fury1583070461, @DavidCore89, @Beez, @LimeGreenLegend

I hope you've all noticed already, but if not - we have a timer for each event of the season on the main page now, among the GTA event timers!

Which brings us to the following reminder: 1 day 9 hrs remaining to finish Rally Finland! If you haven't done it already, you've got until Friday 8am UTC to run it!

Edited by Protocawl
  • Like 1

@Smurf mentioned DiRT Rally would be on sale and now it looks like it is at 80% off.  

I think I want to buy this.  Can you guys confirm that there is a 3rd person option.  Seems all the footage I’ve seen is in 1st person. 

Edited by omarcomin71
  • Like 1

@omarcomin71

Yup, there is definitely a 3rd person playing option.

Also, I'm usually trying to save 3rd person or cinematic replays for most of the stages I run, also have those uploaded (and noted down + timestamped in the video descriptions) on the site from last season, when I probably saved the most replays so far. Mostly I just skip saving the replays of the more boring stage runs.

• Like 1

Had an 11 minute stage 2 which killed the car quite a lot. Tried it without the headset on and could hear the co driver a lot better but by that point it was a recovery drive/nursing the car home job. 

Well driven mate @DavidCore89 

Cheers!

I have to play with headset on max to concentrate on pace notes, my wheel makes a bit of noise on landing jumps as well as gear changes.

Good rally, looking forward to the next. 

7 hours ago, Dodge said:

Finished stage 3 with 3 flats. 

Impressive, i feel sorry for you as I did most of my stage 2 with the same tyre going twice and about half way through, no fronts at all. I got multiple 15 second penalties for killing spectators. Might’ve well as been driving a hovercraft at that point...

• Haha 2

DiRT Rally is currently on sale in both the US and EU PS Stores! The prices in the US Store are $11.99 for the game without VR and $13.99 for the VR bundle, whereas in the EU Store only the non-VR version is on sale for £11.99 (or about the equivalent in €).

US sale is active until May 22, EU sale is active until May 24.

League news:

Event 2 finished today and Event 3 (Wales) starts in about 12 hours - the timer has also been updated on the main page to reflect that.

I'll get the videos from the first 2 events up here tomorrow. @Crawford1872@Beez@DavidCore89@LimeGreenLegend@Dodge@Road2fury1583070461

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Protocawl said:

DiRT Rally is currently on sale in both the US and EU PS Stores! The prices in the US Store are $11.99 for the game without VR and $13.99 for the VR bundle, whereas in the EU Store only the non-VR version is on sale for £11.99 (or about the equivalent in €).

US sale is active until May 22, EU sale is active until May 24.

I plan on buying DiRT Rally this weekend. :) 

• Like 1

@Con you should consider getting this, it's one of my favourite games for VR.  Even though I suck I love playing it, it feels so much like actually being in these cars driving stupidly fast on dangerous roads! :D 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

@Con you should consider getting this, it's one of my favourite games for VR.  Even though I suck I love playing it, it feels so much like actually being in these cars driving stupidly fast on dangerous roads! :D 

I promise to watch game play and see if it moves me. 

• Like 1

All done with Wales, absolutely loved it!  Best event so far.  Managed to not stack it once during the entire thing!  I won't be finishing close to the top, but still pretty chuffed with myself.

Got a video of stage 2, it has both the replay and the view from the driver's seat.  I know I say it a lot, but this game is friggin' amazing in vr.  One of the main reasons I picked the Mini for this event over the Ford is because it has a nicer interior, I was getting sick of sitting behind that bland dashboard :D 

• Like 4