• Protocawl

• DavidCore89

• Dodge

• Beez

Top Posters In This Topic

XDBX League Season 3

https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/102999/xdbx-casual

Vehicle Class: 2010s Rally Cars

Events: 5 (Greece, Finland, Wales, Monte Carlo, Special Event)

Event 1 - Rally Greece (6 stages): 08:00 UTC May 5th - 08:00 UTC May 11th

Event 2 - Rally Finland (6 stages): 08:00 UTC May 12th - 08:00 UTC May 18th

Event 3 - Rally Wales (6 stages): 08:00 UTC May 19th - 08:00 UTC May 25th

Event 4 - Rally Monte Carlo (6 stages): 08:00 UTC May 26th - 08:00 UTC June 1st

Event 5 - Citroën C4 Rally 2010 Special Event (6 stages): 08:00 UTC June 2nd - 08:00 UTC June 8th

Season 3 kicks off next Saturday in the 2010s Rally Cars. Compared to last season, we have a new event location (Greece), but 1 regular event less. In it's place is a special event in the Citroën C4 2010 Rally car that goes through 3 different locations (Greece, Germany, Monte Carlo), with 2 stages per location. As last season, every event/round lasts for precisely 6 days, from 8am UTC every Saturday to 8am UTC every Friday, over the course of 5 weeks, with there being a 24hr cool-down period between events. You can save your progress after each stage in every event, so you could do 1 stage per day or divide them differently over the 6 days or do them all at once if you want, etc, etc.

Available cars: Mini Countryman Rally Edition, Ford Fiesta RS Rally, Volkswagen Polo Rally, Hyundai i20 Rally

@LimeGreenLegend@Beez@Dodge

New members can join the league at the link below the title of this post, but make sure you log in using your PSN Account or RaceNet account first and set your platform at the top right of the page to PlayStation 4 (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT) before going to the "Leagues" page! You can also search for "XDBX Casual" league and then join that way.

@DavidCore89 @Crawford1872 @Arruda

https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/home

Any questions, let me know!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Crawford1872@DavidCore89@Arruda Reminding you that the new season starts in 36 hours and I can see you haven't joined the league yet, so if you want to participate in the 1st event, make sure to join before the 36 hours are up! If you're having problems joining, let me know, I'll help. (CHECK THE LAST POST)

@LimeGreenLegend@Beez@Dodge@Road2fury1583070461 Reminding you guys, too: the new season starts at 8am UTC Saturday!

• Like 1

Took a while to get into my account, but I should be joined now.

I'll be busy when the first rally starts, but I will finish it on the 11th before the deadline.

See you on the podium :)

• Like 2

Hi I have a question what transmissions are you use automatic or manual I mean using automatic

anyone remember the old PlayStation 2 type controller right analogue stick for throttle and brake I had r1 gear up and l1 gear down then PlayStation 3 came along so I started using automatic didn't think the news X and Square  bottons

for the last week when I play Project CARS 2 I'm in using manual and play on a controlled load because I have no steering that's how I figured it it's a bit difficult for me to get used to in rally

34 minutes ago, Road2fury1583070461 said:

Hi I have a question what transmissions are you use automatic or manual I mean using automatic

anyone remember the old PlayStation 2 type controller right analogue stick for throttle and brake I had r1 gear up and l1 gear down then PlayStation 3 came along so I started using automatic didn't think the news X and Square  bottons

for the last week when I play Project CARS 2 I'm in using manual and play on a controlled load because I have no steering that's how I figured it it's a bit difficult for me to get used to in rally

I'm using automatic, haven't got used to any sort of gear change layout on the controller.

I use manual, but not controller.

Think I used to use X for gear up and square for gear down in older games. Not a bad layout when R2 and L2 are accelerator and brake.

Well I didn't have a good rally 

I had a crash 

Go to 2.45 if you're in a hurry

Edited by Road2fury
Time of crash

I love Greece! The roads, vegetation and lighting all remind me of the roads I used to ride in Southern California. I also really enjoyed seeing my dust on the road above after turning hairpins. Clean rally except for last stage where I had to reset car once.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beez said:

I love Greece! The roads, vegetation and lighting all remind me of the roads I used to ride in Southern California. I also really enjoyed seeing my dust on the road above after turning hairpins. Clean rally except for last stage where I had to reset car once.

I hate Greece dnf

Fury still Furious about it

Not a huge fan of Greece either.  Finished about 3 seconds behind Beez, could have had first, but too many stupid mistakes.

Looking forward to next event :) 

• Like 2

Now that I have a wheel I must have a rally game. This one currently costs 15€. But I have a question for those who own both dirt rally and dirt 4. In terms of graphics and sounds in general, is dirt 4 a lot better than dirt rally or there is no big difference between the two?

6 hours ago, PapOiteE said:

Now that I have a wheel I must have a rally game. This one currently costs 15€. But I have a question for those who own both dirt rally and dirt 4. In terms of graphics and sounds in general, is dirt 4 a lot better than dirt rally or there is no big difference between the two?

Dirt Rally is miles ahead in terms of graphics and immersion. Dirt 4 has incredibly bad graphics compared to Rally. I don't know why or how it was done this way...

Considering there's more of us playing DiRT Rally, I'd say buy this one (first). You'll be more than welcome to join our league!

• Thanks 1

Just finished this. Went pretty well all things considered. 2 minute lead atm so come at me @Protocawl ;) Car is a lot easier to handle with a proper setup (which it’s wayyy to easy to overwrite, whoever came up with that menu layout needs to be shot) 

Only went cliff diving twice on the long middle stage but apart from that was fairly clean. 

My night stage is a good example of nearly falling off a few times and JUST saving it :D 

• Like 1

I'll do my stages tonight. Ends at 8AM tomorrow, right?

Also agree with Proto, DiRT Rally is the better game by a long way.

Currently on sale as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

I'll do my stages tonight. Ends at 8AM tomorrow, right?

That's correct. I will also be doing mine tonight.

• Like 1

Just finished the rally and all I can say is: well done @Crawford1872! I messed up the first 3 stages so bad that even stage wins from the last 3 stages (so far; DC hasn't done them yet) didn't help me get closer than a minute and a half anymore. I've never had a great relationship with Greece, but was hoping I could keep it clean this time. At least I got the setup spot-on. I'll post the footage later today.

• Thanks 1

Good rally.

Finished 4.5s behind Ally. Bust my radiator after ignoring don't cut.

Only ran a random stage to get the hang of it before running everything, but I remembered bits of the Greece stages.

Way off my best times from a while ago, but good fun.

Well done :)

• Like 3

Repeating the stages over the event helped me out a lot especially being new to the car. 

But pleasantly surprised to take the win on this one. It’s only gonna get better as we all get more comfortable with it so looking forward to the next event :) 

• Like 1