• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Protocawl

• DavidCore89

• Dodge

• Beez

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished my stages, getting my pace back, enjoyed it too.

Few minor mistakes, no damage, but a victory is up for grabs with clean and reasonably quick stages.

If I could change anything, it would be the duplicate stages. It's a small thing, but I feel it's unnecessary as some of the longer stages are made up of 2 sprints or sections of sprints. 

On 5/18/2018 at 4:56 PM, LimeGreenLegend said:

@Con you should consider getting this, it's one of my favourite games for VR.  Even though I suck I love playing it, it feels so much like actually being in these cars driving stupidly fast on dangerous roads! :D 

I fucked up and bought the regular version instead of the VR, i made the mistake of forgetting I had the regular one in the shopping cart and clicked on it. That sucks. Anyways, i'm off work tomorrow, so i'll be playing this first thing in the morning. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

@Con I almost did the same thing when I bought the game! I hope the VR upgrade wasn’t full price as well.

I will have to since it will be the closest i will get to being in a real rally car. lol. Looks like its only $13. I could have bought it for $5 last night but I was doing five other things at the same time. 

Edited by Con

Loads of silly accidents (of which this was the most spectacular) 

Still good fun. 

Quick as hell on your home turf DC, nice one!

• Like 1

Cheers!

That turn got me a few times during practices, hard to keep in despite the warning from the navigator :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

If I could change anything, it would be the duplicate stages. It's a small thing, but I feel it's unnecessary as some of the longer stages are made up of 2 sprints or sections of sprints. 

Well, there's only one reoccurring stage in each event and the idea behind it was that everyone could see their improvement (more or less, considering the weather conditions usually differ) on that one stage after the 2nd run.

There is a chance for some overlapping stages, yes, that may have been an oversight/mix-up by me. I do try to avoid that, but while setting up the season, mis-clicks are pretty easy to happen due to a not-so-great league creation webpage. Although, for our more recent league members it might be a good thing to go through similar stages at first and improve on those routes like this. Hopefully it didn't get too repetitive, I've yet to run the rally myself.

13 minutes ago, Protocawl said:

Well, there's only one reoccurring stage in each event and the idea behind it was that everyone could see their improvement (more or less, considering the weather conditions usually differ) on that one stage after the 2nd run.

There is a chance for some overlapping stages, yes, that may have been an oversight/mix-up by me. I do try to avoid that, but while setting up the season, mis-clicks are pretty easy to happen due to a not-so-great league creation webpage. Although, for our more recent league members it might be a good thing to go through similar stages at first and improve on those routes like this. Hopefully it didn't get too repetitive, I've yet to run the rally myself.

Don’t mind the shorter repeated stages but because I had already fucked it on that long stage I nearly closed application when I realised I had to do it again (and had just as many accidents) 

22 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

Don’t mind the shorter repeated stages but because I had already fucked it on that long stage I nearly closed application when I realised I had to do it again (and had just as many accidents) 

Ah, so there were 2 double stages... I'll have to check my notes to see whether that was planned or not.

1 hour ago, Protocawl said:

2 days 8 hrs left to finish the Welsh Rally! @Dodge

Any of our newest DiRT Rally players want to give it a shot already? @omarcomin71, @Lann, @Con

Still trying to get the hang of things.  I’ve only be played twice.

I was thinking next season but maybe by next week I’ll give it a shot. :) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lann said:

Still need to figure out how to do things in the game.

I can probably run you through most of the basics and all the game modes in a party chat sometime. Perhaps tomorrow evening?

• Like 1

If we were to have a little amateur rallycross get-together tomorrow at, say, 9pm UTC, how many of you could and would join? (would last up to an hour, probably less, I'd host, we'd be using the stock Mini Cooper S Rally-X, which means it's provided for you - no buying anything, best car for Rally-X beginners as well, just fun contact rallysport)

@Crawford1872@LimeGreenLegend@Beez@DavidCore89@omarcomin71@Con@Dodge@Lann

4 minutes ago, Protocawl said:

If we were to have a little amateur rallycross get-together tomorrow at, say, 9pm UTC, how many of you could and would join? (would last up to an hour, probably less, I'd host, we'd be using the stock Mini Cooper S Rally-X, which means it's provided for you - no buying anything, best car for Rally-X beginners as well, just fun contact rallysport)

Sound s fun but I unfortunately will be working.  :( 

On 5/23/2018 at 9:42 PM, Protocawl said:

Mkaay... same story, other time then - how about 7pm UTC on Sunday?

2 minutes ago, Protocawl said:

Mkaay... same story, other time then - how about 7pm UTC on Sunday?

That should work for me.  I'm really liking this game. Still learning but in my second event I nearly won a stage with the Mini vs A.I. , and came in second place overall. :) 

I know @Lann is thinking about a potential Motor Wars H2H Sunday as well but that should be two hours later I believe.

• Like 1

I doubt there is any interest in a Motor wars. I am happy if we get a 4th for the clash on saturday, GTA seems slow atm. Not going to do the Motor wars.

Edited by Lann

Ok i feeling motion sickness  these few days I'm not going to do the event

My practice run one same stages and conditions was 26:42 minutes

Edited by Road2fury

Ok i feeling motion sickness  these few days I'm not going to do the event

My practice run one same stages and conditions was 26:42 minutes

The most insignificant little crasg6put 2 wheels up on the wall, and the game called it an unrecoverable car. I'll finish one of these some day. 

Dodgeservice.png