• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Protocawl

• DavidCore89

• Dodge

• Beez

Top Posters In This Topic

All done with Monte Carlo.  Really enjoyed this one, and drove pretty well for the most part.

Video of stage 4, at night, in the mist.

• Like 4

it was a close rally I just beat @Davidcore89 how to spin on a last corner on the last stage but just and i mean just beat david overall time

just joined the league :)

Haven't played Dirt in ages so bear with me :) 

I'm doing one run on all stages just to set some times

• Like 1

@davidcore89  did you check the video out to see the spin at the end of the stage I'm thinking well got no chance of winning this now even I had a few spins on the last stage before

Event 4 - Rally Monte Carlo has finished and the 5th & final event of Season 3 will start in 12 hours!

The last event is a special event in the Citroën C4 Rally 2010 and will visit 3 different locations (Greece, Germany, Monte Carlo) over 6 stages (2 stages per location).

The result from Monte Carlo was something special: @Road2fury1583070461 just about beat @DavidCore89 to 1st place, with only 0.399 seconds separating the two after more than 24 minutes of intense rallying! Well done, both of you!

We also had 2 new League members jump into the action: Welcome to the League, @ssracingn2 & @Schumi6581! (Now we're just waiting for the debuts of @Con, @omarcomin71 & @Lann ;))

I'll try to get the videos of the last 2 events posted here tomorrow. Until then, check out the final event standings from Monte Carlo:

eTm2hDi.jpg

Personally, since the previous 3 events showed me the Fiesta and I don't go together very well, I switched to the lovely Hyundai rally car that I had used during last season and instantly had a much more enjoyable and more effective rally, with only numerous small mistakes costing me valuable seconds on all stages. Got the setup just right, though, and had a lot of fun!

Last bit of news: since the Rally-X impromptu last week was a lot of fun, I'll host another one this Sunday, probably at the same time, and maybe we can pick up a few more of us to have a full grid this time. :)

Before I forget: It might be easier for all of you (and me) if you "Follow" this thread, so I can do less tagging and still be sure you guys get notified of new posts in here. ;)

@Beez, @LimeGreenLegend, @Crawford1872, @Dodge (tagging the rest)

• Like 3

Footage of Event 3 (Wales) & 4 (Monte Carlo):

Wales was quite nasty at times for me and the limited view from inside the Fiesta didn't help me either. I got confirmation that the Fiesta is not the right car for me. Last 2 stages were quite quick and smooth, though. Unfortunately I ran the event just before a scheduled appointment, so didn't have time to save more than 1 replay in total (Stage 5).

Monte Carlo was thoroughly enjoyable in my preferred Hyundai rally car, with a spot-on car setup and great rally stages. Lost valuable seconds on every stage due to numerous minor mistakes, but managed to win the last stage, even after a slight scare (you'll see). Also had a few moments on Stage 2 that could have easily ended with retirement from the rally, but luck was with me this time.

Reminder: Don't forget to run the special event this week - just 3 days and 13 hours left to finish it!

24 minutes ago, Schumi6581 said:

ran the special event. Crashed out twice in the first 100 metres and now I've retired... ? #whoops

He, I didnt know I could only do one run ??

But sounds kind off obvious now I know it...

• Like 1

41 hours left to finish the final Event of Season 3!

Coming tomorrow: plans, info and options for upcoming seasons.

@Road2fury1583070461, @LimeGreenLegend, @Con, @omarcomin71, @ssracingn2, @Crawford1872 (Don't forget to "Follow" this thread to make sure you get notified of new posts here, regardless of whether I tag you or not.)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2018 at 8:53 PM, PapOiteE said:

I bought this game today, it is so cheap!!! I have to learn how to play it though!

Don't watch my footage for lessons. hahahaha

and the Lime POV....

Edited by Con
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, PapOiteE said:

I bought this game today, it is so cheap!!! I have to learn how to play it though!

If you're using T150, the settings I use for T300 should work.

Hold mode and press left on d-pad until the light flashes 3 times for 540 degrees. Turn off soft lock in control settings. Calibrate wheel and pedals.

Think handbrake is circle, but R2 is probably in the best position.

Good to go :)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

If you're using T150, the settings I use for T300 should work.

Hold mode and press left on d-pad until the light flashes 3 times for 540 degrees. Turn off soft lock in control settings. Calibrate wheel and pedals.

Think handbrake is circle, but R2 is probably in the best position.

Good to go :)

Now I know why the Mode button exists lol! These settings will only affect this game right? It's the very 1st time I used this button.

I'm gonna pick this game up tonight while I am in town

• Like 3

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

1 hour ago, PapOiteE said:

Now I know why the Mode button exists lol! These settings will only affect this game right? It's the very 1st time I used this button.

Yeah, each game will load it's own default settings for the wheel.

I use 4 flashes, 900 degrees, for track racing games.

Fun game, I am much better with VR than without but still suck ass.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Season 3 Event 5 - Citroën C4 Rally Special Event:

Summary of Season 3 coming later today.

In other DiRT Rally news:

DiRT Rally is on sale once again in the EU PS Stores! The base game is £9.99 and the VR bundle is £11.49 (or about the equivalent in €). The sale is active until July 5. (VR upgrade is also available for £3.69)

• Like 1