• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Protocawl

• DavidCore89

• Dodge

• Beez

Top Posters In This Topic

I will do it today. :)

Completely destroyed my lights on the night stage despite trying to be careful. I was finally clicking by the last stage. 

Edited by Beez
  • Like 1

Well, here are videos of the replays from Stages 1, 2, and 5. 1 and 2 show how my Welsh Rally went. It was bad... really bad. I can conclusively say that the Welsh Rally can suck on my nuts! I have to assume that I just wasn't ready for this at all. However, here are the videos.

Stage 5 was the best Stage of the whole event for me. Wales was hard on my poor little Peugeot. As evidenced by all the body damage, and smoke coming from under the hood.

• Haha 2

Dodgeservice.png

1 hour ago, Dodge said:

Well, here are videos of the replays from Stages 1, 2, and 5. 1 and 2 show how my Welsh Rally went. It was bad... really bad. I can conclusively say that the Welsh Rally can suck on my nuts! I have to assume that I just wasn't ready for this at all. However, here are the videos.

Stage 5 was the best Stage of the whole event for me. Wales was hard on my poor little Peugeot. As evidenced by all the body damage, and smoke coming from under the hood.

56 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

@Dodge you did better than me :D

I didn't have a door after the first stage and my car was practically crawling over the line at the end of the fifth.

Welsh stages are the toughest to get right. My first 4 Welsh rallies in career mode were horrible. I've only recently started getting a clean run here and there on those roads.

I hated the damn roads, but the more I get used to them, the more I love and appreciate them. :)

Took a very long time to become friends with the Welsh rally stages...

Event 3 Race Report.

Stage 1:  I went pretty cautious here, I didn't want too many time penalties and also didn't want to fuck up my car too much.  Think I did pretty well, probably my best stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DlYtgCcMeo

Stage 2: Same as before, I drove pretty cautiously, it went well for the most part but I did have some small crashes later on in the stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTOBak5ldmQ

Stage 3: Here's where it starts to go downhill.  For the most part I drove pretty well, a couple of minor crashes.  Towards the end I had a couple of pretty big ones which smashed my car up pretty good, this would have consequences in the next stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP756rMbclk

Stage 4: Right.  So pretty close to the start of this stage I lost my rear left tyre which pretty much fucked me, keeping it in a straight line after that left me sweating it took so much effort.  I paused it on a couple of occasions to see if there was any way to fix it, but there wasn't so I had to drag my sorry ass to the finish in a dreadful time. 

https://youtu.be/CCXWP1FmMOA

Stage 5: Back on four wheels!  Not for long though, as toward the start of this stage I lose my front left tyre, but I managed to pull it through to the finish line.  Losing a front tyre is a lot easier to control than losing a back one :D 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkSxv4aYX7g

Stage 6: A pretty mixed bag here, 85 percent I think I drove quite well, but towards the end I have a pretty big crash and yes, you guessed it, I lost another tyre, front right I think.  I did take the option to repair it at a minute and a half time penalty cost, but I was sick of driving on three wheels.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aXWxiV50Wo

I think my driving is getting a lot better in this game, and these were my favourite tracks in the game so far, I prefer them over Wales by some way :D And just a VR sidenote, these are also some of the best roads to experience like that, especially when the trees are lining both sides of the road and are whipping past at 100mph, it's a fucking blast :D  

• Confused 1

Event 3 is done. Everything was going pretty well until I got a puncture in Stage 4. And an engine miss in the same wreck. So Stage 4 was bad and the engine miss hampered my stage 5. But it was fun Event. 

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

I had some proper crashes in Stage 1 & lost both rear tyres in Stage 2, which led to me being over 6mins behind on time and an engine failure in the middle of Stage 5, which means I was forced to retire from Rally Finland. Enjoyed the stages, though, just disappointed with my first 2 stages.

11hrs left to complete Event 3! @Beez, @Road2fury1583070461

Edited by Protocawl

Thank heavens there is that much time left! I thought I might miss this one. I'll do it sometime once I get home. Sounds like I need to really take care of the car. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beez said:

Thank heavens there is that much time left! I thought I might miss this one. I'll do it sometime once I get home. Sounds like I need to really take care of the car. 

Yeah, Finland is always tricky. The roads are so fast that any crash can be your last.

Edited by Protocawl

The ditches on the side of the roads are treacherous. Pay attention to the navigator when calls a turn directly following a dip, crest, or jump. Brakes do not work when the car is in the air. ?

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

Well I completed the rally of a thousand Lakes.

My rally was ok my car do you know when a slide too much so I was a bit under steering I know first four stages I was just winning the stages by about 8 seconds I wish but I'm the fifth stage I run that by 2 and a half minutes and also my car was sliding just as I wanted it to say I was real quick on that one and no crashes Beauty

Is a video of Stage 2 in the dark

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Beez said:

I won't make the next round. I'm going out of town for the 20-29th and won't have PS4. 

Have fun since you're in the Northern Hemisphere you can go rally driving the snow I would love to try that one day nice not much snow here around Sydney

@Crawford1872

and anyone else who's thinking of buying DiRT Rally on sale:

The current sale with a price of just £12.49 ends midnight tonight, so if you miss out, you'll probably have to wait quite a few months for another price like that. At least on PS Store.

All done.  Racing in the snow went better than I expected, although I was being very careful.  No real big crashes except for the one right at the end of stage four.  I was coming up to cross what I assumed was the finish line, so I stopped trying to turn the corner.  Turns out it wasn't the finish line and I ended up on my side in the bushes with the actual finish line about 100 yards away.

Only got video of the last stage, so you can all see my ridiculous fuck up.  Also, this stage is intense in vr!  Glad I managed to keep my lights for the whole thing!

• Haha 1