• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Protocawl

• DavidCore89

• Dodge

• Beez

Top Posters In This Topic

1st proper season of the XDBX Rally League has finished!

I'll post the results and all my remaining videos sometime this week. Next season will begin next week/weekend, but I might host some small event separately this weekend, remains to be decided.

• Like 1

I had a good rally the second stage is really hard to see went in the shadows and the bright light

I finally uploaded all the videos from each stage enjoy

• Like 1

Got a lot on my hands this week, so might push the start of Season 2 to next week instead. Same goes for the uploading of results of Season 1.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@Road2fury1583070461, @LimeGreenLegend, @Beez, @Dodge

With all the preparations for the anniversary I've had little time to get this sorted, so I think the best idea is to start the next season at the beginning of February, once the Anniversary has passed.

@Crawford1872 If I'm not mistaken, DiRT Rally is on sale on PS Store again, for a pound less than last time even, until the first few days of February! If you get the chance... ;)

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Road2fury1583070461 said:

So when do you think next season will start

In the middle of sorting out the rally stages for the new season, then I can start it. Will also post results from last season and all the info about the new season this week We'll start the season next week. That's a promise.

My season 1:

Event 1 - Germany

Struggled properly on all stages, plenty of crashes.

Stage 1

Stage 3

Event 2 - Wales

I had a pretty abysmal welsh rally due to my gung-ho approach. First two stages saw lots of mistakes and crashes, including an epic rollover on stage 2. I believe stage 4 was the cleanest and fastest of all. Stage 5 was very eventful and there was another epic crash right before the 2nd split. By the end the car sounded absolutely terrible for obvious reasons. :D (timestamps for specific stages are on the YT page)

Video of the entire rally: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHOPp2ZH5RI

Event 3 - Finland

First 2 stages were filled with massive crashes and I was limping on 2 wheels for most of stage 2 (lost a total of 3 tires, repaired one), which eventually brought about my retirement from the rally on stage 5. Stages 3 & 4 were rather fast and gave hope to climb back, but a blown engine on stage 5 left me at the very bottom of the leaderboard of rally Finland.

Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

Stage 4              S4 Replay

Stage 5

Event 4 - Sweden

Definitely the best rally of the season for me, but not without a fair share of small mistakes.

Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

Stage 4

Full season results will follow in the next post and the post after that will come on Monday with all the info on Season 2.

Edited by Protocawl
Decided to go spoiler-free.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Protocawl said:

My season 1:

Event 1 - Germany

Struggled properly on all stages, plenty of crashes.

Event 2 - Wales

I had a pretty abysmal welsh rally due to my gung-ho approach. First two stages saw lots of mistakes and crashes, including an epic rollover on stage 2. I believe stage 4 was the cleanest and fastest of all. Stage 5 was very eventful and there was another epic crash right before the 2nd split. By the end the car sounded absolutely terrible for obvious reasons. :D (timestamps for specific stages are on the YT page)

Event 3 - Finland

First 2 stages were filled with massive crashes, which eventually brought about my retirement from the rally on stage 5. Stages 3 & 4 were rather fast and gave hope to climb back, but a blown engine on stage 5 left me at the very bottom of the leaderboard of rally Finland.

Reveal hidden contents

Event 4 - Sweden

Definitely the best rally of the season for me, but not without a fair share of small mistakes.

Reveal hidden contents

Full season results will follow in the next post and the post after that will come on Monday with all the info on Season 2.

What's this game like? Been thinking of getting it.

5 minutes ago, D-Rocks said:

What's this game like? Been thinking of getting it.

Once I get the spoiler-filled post sorted out (spoilers are a mess, complete P.I.T.A), then you can watch some of the videos and some more videos are coming shortly. You'll pretty much see what it's like.

• Like 1

XDBX League Season 1 Summary

Vehicle Class: F2 Kit Cars

Events: 4 (Germany, Wales, Finland, Sweden)

Germany

3 Stages

(Total times weren't saved)

Road2fury +25 Points  (=25 total)

Proto +18 Pts   (=18)

Dodge +15 Pts  (=15)

Lime +12 Pts  (=12)

Beez +10 Pts  (=10)

Wales

5 Stages

c7Yzp82.jpg

Road2fury +25 Pts  (=50)

Beez +18 Pts  (=28)

Dodge +15 Pts  (=30)

Proto +12 Pts  (=30)

Lime +10 Pts  (=22)

Finland

6 Stages

(after 5 stages:)

ajL8lWE.jpg

Road2fury +25 Pts  (=75)

Dodge +18 Pts  (=48)

Beez +15 Pts  (=43)

Lime +12 Pts  (=34)

Proto +0 Pts  (=30)

Sweden

4 Stages

Px740et.jpg

Road2fury +25 Pts  (=100)

Proto +18 Pts  (=48)

Lime +15 Pts  (=49)

Dodge +12 Pts  (=60)

Beez +0 Pts  (=43)

Final Standings

1. @Road2fury1583070461   100 Pts
  2. @Dodge   60 Pts
  3. @LimeGreenLegend   49 Pts
  4. @Protocawl   48 Pts
  5. @Beez   43 Pts

(I also fixed the last post with all my videos and decided to do it without spoilers. Go check it out! Here's the quick link: http://www.domesticbatterygaming.com/topic/15528-dirt-rally/?do=findComment&comment=196295)    

[nudge to you too, @D-Rocks & @Crawford1872]

I also made a compilation video for all of you to enjoy of my most spectacular mishaps, jumps and slides:

My Season 1 Highlights:

Season 2 info coming shortly...

Edited by Protocawl
  • Like 2

XDBX League Season 2

https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/102999/xdbx-casual

Vehicle Class: 2010s Rally Cars

Events: 5 (Sweden, Monte Carlo, Finland, Germany, Wales)

Event 1 - Rally Sweden (6 stages): 03:00 UTC Mar 2nd - 03:00 UTC Mar 8th

Event 2 - Rally Monte Carlo (6 stages): 03:00 UTC Mar 9th - 03:00 UTC Mar 15th

Event 3 - Rally Finland (6 stages): 03:00 UTC Mar 16th - 03:00 UTC Mar 22nd

Event 4 - Rally Germany (6 stages): 03:00 UTC Mar 23rd - 03:00 UTC Mar 29th

Event 5 - Rally Wales (5 stages): 03:00 UTC Mar 30th - 03:00 UTC Apr 5th

Season 2 kicks off this Friday in cars from the 2010s. Compared to last season, we have 1 more event (Monte Carlo) and more stages per event (6 in Sweden, Monte Carlo, Finland and Germany, and 5 in Wales). Another thing you can see is that every event/round lasts for precisely 6 days (up from last season's 3-5 days per event), from 3am UTC every Friday to 3am UTC every Thursday, over the course of 5 weeks, with there being a 24hr cool-down period between events. You can save your progress after each stage in every event, so you could do 1 stage per day or divide them differently over the 6 days or do them all at once if you want.

Available cars: Mini Countryman Rally Edition, Ford Fiesta RS Rally, Volkswagen Polo Rally, Hyundai i20 Rally

I recommend trying at least one of these out in a custom championship first, to get an idea of how they drive and don't forget to try out some setup changes as well, depending on the conditions! ;)

Everyone will be allowed to pick a different car for each event during this season if they wish to do so. (In future seasons with the 2010s rally cars everyone might need to pick 1 car for the entire season instead.)

I'm also thinking about getting together during some days over the season to play some rallycross together. How about this weekend? @Dodge @Beez @LimeGreenLegend @Road2fury1583070461

Edited by Protocawl
All details have now been posted.
  • Like 3

Event 2 - Rally Monte Carlo starts in 6 hours!

Unfortunately something went wrong with the weather for 4 out of 5 events, so we'll get boring Midday/Sunny weather for 3 more events, but I can't do anything about that anymore. Last event will still have varied weather conditions though (I checked).

Videos and results of Event 1 coming soon.

• Like 1