• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• JuniorChubb

• Realjaysee

• Potato

Congrats to TLG, now officially the Team Champions. I'll have to add up the scores to see if @BRacer has done enough to seal the drivers championship.

Apologies to the guys behind me at the start. I messed my start up massively, hit the wrong side of the d pad for the sticky bomb and had to back off quickly. I don't think it made much difference in the end but if there's an issue with it let me know. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Congrats to TLG, now officially the Team Champions. I'll have to add up the scores to see if @BRacer has done enough to seal the drivers championship.

Apologies to the guys behind me at the start. I messed my start up massively, hit the wrong side of the d pad for the sticky bomb and had to back off quickly. I don't think it made much difference in the end but if there's an issue with it let me know. 

I completely missed the start. I saw you reversing so didn't think it was the real start.

1 hour ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Not alone I can't ! 

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

Here is my my disaster from yesterday.

00.08 : Start
Collision with @joper881583070460at turn 1. After watching it again, I think it's clear that Joper didn't had to dive to the inside.
At that moment, I thought it was my fault, so I decided to wait for him in turn 5. I knew that was a bad decision when he made me flying towards the lake...

I talked to him, not reporting this as it were 2 race incidents imo but two things I'd like to say to everyone : 
- If you are on the outside in turn one after the start, stay on the outside. Same for the inside, counts for every race
- Turn 5/6 is not the right place to go side by side. Verstappen and Ricciardo did that last year, but nobody knows how.

02.33 : @TheBoyBry trying the alternative racing line from my previous post :P

07.00 : Incident with @Beez. First I went off track to avoid a collision. I saw him hitting the pipe in the inside of turn2 and wanted to pass him on the left. 
Was expecting him to take the inside of turn3 but for some reason he went to the outside, where I was trying to pass him.
Once again I wasn't sure who's fault it was at that point, so I didn't know if I had to wait or not. Waited for 2 seconds, then I was like "oh fuck it, idc anymore"

08.09 : Great battle with @Trashbags1583070460

10.40 : Missed the checkpoint, don't know why, I've never cut that corner in practice

After that, I did some minor fuckups but I managed to get behind trashbaggs again.

22.50 : Overtake on Trashbags

23.50 : Overtake on @Paulie

28.20 : My famous last-lap bin, dropping me back to 10th

I was unlucky in the opening lap, but I should have gotten a better result. 
Was very frustrated the whole race, which caused me to make mistakes. Very stupid, If I had a better mindset, I could have finished in 5th or 6th place. Something for me to work on!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Realjaysee sorry mate but all 3 incidents are your fault.

The first one @joper881583070460 was taking the racing line and you’ve divebombed him from miles away. He’s well entitled to move to the inside because that’s the racing line and you weren’t anywhere near him.

Secondly, @Squirrel and @joper881583070460 were going round turns 5 & 6 perfectly fine side by side. You rejoined the track going slowly and without looking... on the racing line. Of course you are going to get hit. But realistically you just took out joper again.

You track extended on entry to turn 2 just to get a nice cutback on @Beez, so that was an illegal overtake anyway regardless of him moving to the left.

• Like 1

I need to have a look at that first lap incident from my view as well. Although I’m pretty certain I didn’t make contact I know @joper881583070460 was immediately to my right. Seems to be a similar situation to the Singapore F1 crash. 3 cars into a corner doesn’t work. If I was on Jopers left he would have been left with nowhere to go to on the corner. My video is uploading now so will have it posted soon. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Potato said:

@Realjaysee sorry mate but all 3 incidents are your fault.

The first one @joper881583070460 was taking the racing line and you’ve divebombed him from miles away. He’s well entitled to move to the inside because that’s the racing line and you weren’t anywhere near him.

Secondly, @Squirrel and @joper881583070460 were going round turns 5 & 6 perfectly fine side by side. You rejoined the track going slowly and without looking... on the racing line. Of course you are going to get hit. But realistically you just took out joper again.

You track extended on entry to turn 2 just to get a nice cutback on @Beez, so that was an illegal overtake anyway regardless of him moving to the left.

About the first one : I think he should have given me more space. I came from miles away indeed, but I was still there on the inside. I didn't divebombed as I had the right speed to stay on the inside of that corner. Only thing I could could have done was brake earlier, risking the people behind me crashing into me.

IMO it's a race incident. Joper didn't expect me there, I didn't expect Joper to dive to the inside. I just think you don't have to dive from the outside to the inside in turn one after the start when there's a car already on the inside line. 

Second one : I was not on the racing line there, squirrel was on the racing line, 2 car widths away from me. I agree that there were better spots to wait, but I didn't expect anyone there.

Third one : Didn't won any time there or got a better exit. I would if I braked earlier, wait for beez to take the corner and then take the corner on the inside. 

Anyhow, the stewards will probably take a look at it, I'm fine with whatever decision will be taken :)

Edited by Jc10110
  • Like 1

I must have thought you were on my other side JC. I have my view set to farthest from the car and l try to be aware of others around me. I must have figured, with me clipping the apex that you would be to my right. That's why I moved to the left. I'll link my video if I can get my shit laptop working but I don't think I got the early part of the race.

Here's my POV

You can see what a mess I made of the start procedure. Sorry again @TheBoyBry & @djw180

The second JC/Joper incident is at 0:55. 

I'm pretty disappointed in my performance. I was making good progress and steadily gaining on Trashbags, Paulie and Cly but stupidly went too greedy on a corner and missed a checkpoint. Did the same again a couple of laps later plus I had a small meeting with a barrier which meant I dropped behind DJ and it was just a recovery drive from there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Qualifying & Race Footage from me

Qualifying -  0:00-5:28. Qualified 3rd was really happy with that.

RACE - 5:28

5:52 - Got a good start, got bamboozled in the first corner, from my point of view it looked like I had clear space to take the corner, but may have been lag. @Realjaysee

6:20 - Big incident. A little crowded and tight on this corner. Tried to avoid any bumps, got a little nudge from @Squirrel which slightly pushed my car into the path of @Realjaysee who was coming back onto the track. Sent him flying. 6:29 @Realjaysee still flipping from the crash, slowed down to try and avoid further crashes, but unfortunately in the mayhem got a shunt from @djw180 which in turn gave @Realjaysee a barrel roll turbo boost.

6:32 - I look behind to see if @Realjaysee is up, but at the moment I looked back he wasn't on my screen (I assumed he re-spawned, when in fact he fell into the water). I had slowed down to try gauge where he was. Looking back I probably should've waited longer, but at the time with all the commotion from the accidents PLUS the ridiculous desire to win the home race, I kept going.

6:32 - 8:10 - From this point on, I kept checking the times to see where @Realjaysee in relation to me.

8:10 - @Realjaysee is about 7 seconds behind me at this point, and from our practices on the circuit I was confident he would catch up to me.

8:58 - He's now 4 seconds behind me, still waiting for him to get close and in the back of my head will let him through.

9:34 - From here on out I continue to keep an eye on @Realjaysee and his time. Understandably I knew he would have been frustrated and may have lost some focus (I was fuming after the first corner but its racing :P)

Overall disappointed to not finish higher, really believed i could have taken 3rd. 

Stewarts thats all my footage.

(If the results do stand after review : @JuniorChubb solid race to grab 5th and 6th, first corners are the worst)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well pleased with my race, got a great qualifying time and was buzzing to see TLG, Tenshun and Xero Gas taking up the first 6 places on the grid. Even better that I ended up in third after the first two corners. I was worrying I was going to have consider people being up my backside for the whole race but only Myth and Fido overtook me leaving me to collect my best finish yet.... 5th :)

Really glad I don the have to sort out the incidents, there could be some tough calls to make in there.

As for the start Squirrel I was not caught up in it but don't stress over it now, you have started umpteen races perfectly a minor hiccup was bound to happen once in the whole series. You have done a great job hosting and organising so don't let it get to you. :)

will post my video later tonight...

Great result for Team Xero if Jopers position stands, I won't comment on the vids with a team mate involved, just wait for any rulings.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 3

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

1 hour ago, Realjaysee said:

I didn't expect Joper to dive to the inside.

He didn't dive to the inside. He was on the racing line and took the corner as you would normally. He doesn't have to give you room because you were 2 car lengths behind him. He only has to give you room if you have 1/2 car length along side him, which clearly you didn't. You have to yield for people on the racing line, not take them out and then complain because they didn't give you room. I expect a decent racer like you should know this.

I agree that there were better spots to wait, but I didn't expect anyone there.

It was the first lap, of course people are going to be everywhere. You could see on your minimap that they were coming up along side you but you still just rejoined the track like it was empty.

Third one : Didn't won any time there or got a better exit. I would if I braked earlier, wait for beez to take the corner and then take the corner on the inside.

Of course you got a better exit. You were able to take the corner at a higher speed because you ran wide on entry. Even if you didn't get a better exit, you still overtook him by going off the track.

Forgot to say, congrats on the Team Championship win TLG :)

Edited by JuniorChubb

Anyway here is my race:

Last time out was my worst performance, this time was my best. No mistakes other than lap 11 when I crashed into the rocks on the exit of turn 4, and my car slid out and hit the slow down strip on the penultimate corner. Also managed to get into first for over a lap which I'm pleased about. And this is the first race @BRacer hasn't finished between 25 and 35 seconds ahead of me. Only 6 this time. Although he lost over 10 seconds with what looks like a huge crash on lap 13.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, joper881583070460 said:

Qualifying & Race Footage from me

Qualifying -  0:00-5:28. Qualified 3rd was really happy with that.

RACE - 5:28

5:52 - Got a good start, got bamboozled in the first corner, from my point of view it looked like I had clear space to take the corner, but may have been lag. @Realjaysee

6:20 - Big incident. A little crowded and tight on this corner. Tried to avoid any bumps, got a little nudge from @Squirrel which slightly pushed my car into the path of @Realjaysee who was coming back onto the track. Sent him flying. 6:29 @Realjaysee still flipping from the crash, slowed down to try and avoid further crashes, but unfortunately in the mayhem got a shunt from @djw180 which in turn gave @Realjaysee a barrel roll turbo boost.

6:32 - I look behind to see if @Realjaysee is up, but at the moment I looked back he wasn't on my screen (I assumed he re-spawned, when in fact he fell into the water). I had slowed down to try gauge where he was. Looking back I probably should've waited longer, but at the time with all the commotion from the accidents PLUS the ridiculous desire to win the home race, I kept going.

6:32 - 8:10 - From this point on, I kept checking the times to see where @Realjaysee in relation to me.

8:10 - @Realjaysee is about 7 seconds behind me at this point, and from our practices on the circuit I was confident he would catch up to me.

8:58 - He's now 4 seconds behind me, still waiting for him to get close and in the back of my head will let him through.

9:34 - From here on out I continue to keep an eye on @Realjaysee and his time. Understandably I knew he would have been frustrated and may have lost some focus (I was fuming after the first corner but its racing :P)

Overall disappointed to not finish higher, really believed i could have taken 3rd. 

Stewarts thats all my footage.

(If the results do stand after review : @JuniorChubb solid race to grab 5th and 6th, first corners are the worst)

About turn one, seeing your POV, maybe I am the one to blame indeed, as @Potato said

Not making myself popular with this, but it reminds me of Maldonado and Guttierrez in Bahrain 2014 :')

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o9TYzGy_q0

The second incident was lag. You got a "lag-hit" from @Squirrel which launched you into me. On Squirrels screen there is no contact between you two. 

@Potato : nope, still don't think I gained an advantage in the third incident. 

But let's not make too much drama in the thread like that time when I curb boosted over 9000 times at Spa. Stewards decide, I accept any kind of punishment

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Potato said:

Anyway here is my race:

Las time out was my worst performance, this time was my best. No mistakes other than lap 11 when I crashed into the rocks on the exit of turn 4, and my car slid out and hit the slow down strip on the penultimate corner. Also managed to get into first for over a lap which I'm pleased about. And this is the first race @BRacer hasn't finished between 25 and 35 seconds ahead of me. Only 6 this time. Although he lost over 10 seconds with what looks like a huge crash on lap 13.

Great job Spud, I was there with you for 1/10 of a lap :lol:

• Thanks 1

My quali and race.

Nothing to report. Although I will point out with respect to the shunt on @joper881583070460 on lap one that there was no contact on my screen (~1:06 on my video).

There was a fair bit of lag and having to avoid crashed cars ahead on lap one.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

@joper881583070460 from your POV those bumps look pretty bad. From my view there's about a full car widths between us both times I hit you on my screen and on your view there's no contact when I get a little nudge from behind from you. All certainly lag hits and it just shows what you can see in your view isn't always the true picture of what happened. 

These will be getting looked at along with any other footage people have from the start.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Here's my POV

You can see what a mess I made of the start procedure. Sorry again @TheBoyBry & @djw180

The second JC/Joper incident is at 0:55. 

I'm pretty disappointed in my performance. I was making good progress and steadily gaining on Trashbags, Paulie and Cly but stupidly went too greedy on a corner and missed a checkpoint. Did the same again a couple of laps later plus I had a small meeting with a barrier which meant I dropped behind DJ and it was just a recovery drive from there. 

That reverse at the start is hilarious 

43 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

@joper881583070460 from your POV those bumps look pretty bad. From my view there's about a full car widths between us both times I hit you on my screen and on your view there's no contact when I get a little nudge from behind from you. All certainly lag hits and it just shows what you can see in your view isn't always the true picture of what happened. 

These will be getting looked at along with any other footage people have from the start.

I put those down to lag as well, from our encounters it’s obvious we try to give each other space when needed. Nothing in that really. 

To help the stewards look at the incident I've put all four views of the opening lap incidents together in a single video. It's actually quite an interesting video so I thought I'd share it here too.

@djw180 I've included yours as you had a good view of what happened and not because you're under investigation.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1