Pfister Supercup (Squirrel)

Skorpion

@Squirrel I was wondering how much corner cutting was acceptable for 90 degree corners on Mexico. Are the Stunt Tube bumps the limit or do we stay more on track with all four wheels?

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• JuniorChubb

• Realjaysee

• Potato

4 hours ago, Road2fury1583070461 said:

Hello I'm a new member what do I do to save my spot at this event do I have to contact someone

Squirrel will see this post and probably ask to do a few laps with you, if all is well after that you will get an invite on the night. :) 

4 hours ago, Road2fury1583070461 said:

Hello I'm a new member what do I do to save my spot at this event do I have to contact someone

It's the last race of the season so not much interest in it for you. And we are racing for 2nd and 3rd in the overall rankings so it's gonna be a bit competitive I expect. Probably not the best time to join in right now ^^

A new event will launch soon after this one and you should be able to join that ;) 

Nothing reported. Everything as it finished. Not had chance to sort the tables yet though. 

31 minutes ago, Road2fury1583070461 said:

That's what I've been using

If you already have a Comet Retro there’s no harm in joining for the last race of the series. If you do end up being lapped (a lot of us do each race) make sure you give way to the faster driver behind. They should let you know when they are overtaking you.

Welcome aboard @Road2fury1583070461 :)

Really looking forward to tonight guys and gals, are we gonna get a bumper turn out for the finale?

Also still not got a clue how liberal I can be with those 90 degree corners?

9 minutes ago, Road2fury1583070461 said:

Will move over for faster cars blue flag rule

Don’t worry, probably only be the top guys who lap the lower end of the field. Just keep an eye on the radar/voice chat/people using their horns if not on mic, mainly just enjoy it, occasionally the racing can be quite good :) 

3 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Welcome aboard @Road2fury1583070461 :)

Really looking forward to tonight guys and gals, are we gonna get a bumper turn out for the finale?

Also still not got a clue how liberal I can be with those 90 degree corners?

As liberal as is safe to do so i’d say, whole reason I got Fido to change those corners to those was so it could be cut a little to make it more natural than the barriers that were there before

• Like 2

On 28/10/2017 at 9:15 PM, JuniorChubb said:

@Squirrel I was wondering how much corner cutting was acceptable for 90 degree corners on Mexico. Are the Stunt Tube bumps the limit or do we stay more on track with all four wheels?

Same as with most races this season. On the kerb is fine but not over. The limit of the track is clearly defined by the posts on the apex.

I’m expecting all those posts to still be upright on the final lap ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ladies and gentlemen.

I'm closing my porsche career here, tonight i won't be participating even if i had desire to, but ATM i'm busy.

Taking the opportunity to say was good to play with you all! I met genuine people who races for fun and sportsmanship, honestly hard to find such people.

Championship well-organised: great quality tracks, teams and all that surrounds championship (rules etc, found myself pretty comfortable).

Hope to be part again of your events. Wanna thanks @acdc_sw who let me join in the event. Thanks to @Realjaysee my "Force India" teammate (known as Pink Panther ^^ ). Big thumbs up to @Squirrel for hosting and creating the championship, always fair and cool with everybody, pleasure! Last but not least, all you guys made this championship alive. See you around ;-)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Mexico Qualifying

1 Random Potato 01:13.953
2 Clydicality 01:14.091
3 Fido_le_muet 01:14.292
4 Road2FURY 01:14.663
5 JC10110 01:14.971
6 Mythaga 01:15.294
7 Crawford1872 01:15.540
8 SquirrelArmy 01:15.886
9 Junior Chubb 01:16.236
10 PaulieWantsBlood 01:16.318
11 beez 01:17.130
12 djw180 01:19.741

Cheers guys, thanks for a great race and a great season. I'll get the provisional results up very soon and will get the final table finalised as soon as possible.

I'll be writing up a longer post soon to say thanks to you all properly. 

• Thanks 4

Thanks for an awesome event Squirrel. I had a blast ! 

Can't wait for the next one ! 

Thank you all who participated. Congrats @BRacer on the title. I'm not sure how we fared @Crawford1872 but with me messing up that last race, I believe @Mythaga's team is just ahead of us. 

Same on the individual rankings. I think Myth is just ahead of me on the podium. 

Congrats all ! 

• Like 4

Apologies to @Potato for getting in your way. :( I got the line wrong and hit that green wall inside the apex and it stopped me dead. I knew you were coming but I thought @djw180 was directly behind me and you were going to lap us both. I couldn't go forward because of the wall and I didn't want to back up. I hoped whoever was behind me could get around if I just stayed there. I'm glad I didn't cost you a position or the win. Apologies also to @Fido_le_muet for T-boning you in the chicane, I was trying to keep up after you passed me and maybe improve my lines but I just didn't brake hard or early enough. 

• Like 1

My race and as a bonus dvd extra I left the bit with selling the comet retro at the end.

as far as the actual race goes i’m gonna try not to bang on about it, but there is 0% good things going to happen when people insist on going all the way up the inside like you see in the video, once again i’m extra careful, even lifting off before the corner to avoid everyone and end up 15 seconds behind on lap 1. Just mentioning it cause it’s happened so many times and like i say, completely avoidable. Decent enough race after that and I felt pretty good for the most part. Well done @Potato and thanks again @Squirrel

Edited by Crawford1872
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Beez said:

Apologies to @Potato for getting in your way. :( I got the line wrong and hit that green wall inside the apex and it stopped me dead. I knew you were coming but I thought @djw180was directly behind me and you were going to lap us both. I couldn't go forward because of the wall and I didn't want to back up. I hoped whoever was behind me could get around if I just stayed there. I'm glad I didn't cost you a position or the win.

No worries mate. I had enough time to react to it. I tried going in the gap between you and the barrier and missed by quite a margin lol.

Well done everyone, I had a wonderfully timed nightshift at work so i couldn't join you for the last one. Congratulations to BR for being a force of nature, to Squirrel for organising such a solid event, and to everyone else who took part in this series :D

Edited by The_Lady_A
  • Like 1

First things first, welldone to @BRacerfor winning the championship! 

Welldone @Potato for second spot!

Not sure who has third but I believe it's close between myself and @Fido_le_muet ?

Massive thanks to @Squirrel for a very well run series, which for the most part was very enjoyable (despite the horrible car! lol)

As far as tonight goes, I was very surprised to get second, especially after a pretty poor qualifying. Not sure what happened at the start but I got sandwiched between @Realjaysee and @Crawford1872 didn't have anywhere to go really?

It all kicked off around me over the next few corners, luckily avoiding any major contact. I found myself in 3rd somehow after the first lap! 

I chased down and passed @Paulie for 2nd then had @Realjaysee up my arse for a couple of laps until he did one of his famous bins. Didn't see it but I have been told it's a goodun!

Then on it was a pretty lonely race, Spud had a big enough gap upfront and I had pulled a gap on the guys behind so just kept her steady and brought her home...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mythaga said:

First things first, welldone to @BRacerfor winning the championship! 

Welldone @Potato for second spot!

Not sure who has third but I believe it's close between myself and @Fido_le_muet ?

Massive thanks to @Squirrel for a very well run series, which for the most part was very enjoyable (despite the horrible car! lol)

As far as tonight goes, I was very surprised to get second, especially after a pretty poor qualifying. Not sure what happened at the start but I got sandwiched between @Realjaysee and @Crawford1872 didn't have anywhere to go really?

It all kicked off around me over the next few corners, luckily avoiding any major contact. I found myself in 3rd somehow after the first lap! 

I chased down and passed @Paulie for 2nd then had @Realjaysee up my arse for a couple of laps until he did one of his famous bins. Didn't see it but I have been told it's a goodun!

Then on it was a pretty lonely race, Spud had a big enough gap upfront and I had pulled a gap on the guys behind so just kept her steady and brought her home...

Yeah how the fuck we ended up 2nd and 3rd by the end after that start is incredible on its own haha

• Like 1

Really gutted I missed the last race long work days and a really busy summer r catching up on me woke up up at 5 am on the sofa 

Would just like to say a big THANX to @Squirrel for all the time and effort put in for the championship I have really enjoyed the season and a thx to all participating drivers human and non human 

Have a good day all 

• Like 2

My race : 

00.00 : Good start, managed to position myself next to @Fido_le_muet in the first corner + Collison with @Road2fury1583070461which dropped me to 10th + chaos in turn 2 and 3

01.25 : Kissing @Squirrel's ass and passing him after turn 3

03.15 : Collision between @Road2fury1583070461 and @Fido_le_muet bringing me to P5

05.05 : Battle with @Clydicality + double overtake on @Clydicality and @Paulie (Thx once again Paulie for giving me so much space, I wasn't planning to attack, just wanted to put you under pressure :p)

11.09 : Battle with @Mythaga, I could smell P2

16.10 : The mother of all bins!!!

22.00 : My Pfister went in drift mode after cutting the corner too much, dropping back to P6

26.45 : Collision between @Fido_le_muet and @Beez, almost giving me P5 again

Congrats @BRacer for winning the tile and leading TLG Racing Team to the constructors title! Belissima!

Congrats @Potato for winning the final round!

Thanks to @Mythaga and @Fido_le_muet for the battle for 3rd in the drivers ranking. I was always around 10-20 points behind, but until my disaster at Malaysia, I managed to slowly get closer race by race. You two were my motivation for giving everything I had.

Thanks everyone who participated in this legendary event!

And last but not least, @Squirrel, our Bernie Ecclestone, who did an incredible job with this event. (also thanks to the beautiful, 50 years younger mrs. Squirrel for sorting out the quali laptimes).

One year ago, when randoms were the only ones I raced with, I wouldn't have thought such a great event could be possible in GTA. Great Job!

And with the end of the Supercup, I announce my (temporary?) retirement from GTA.

I've been playing GTA Online for 3 years now, after the release of the MC DLC I played on an (almost) daily base, I'm sick of it :D I had a break from GTA online before, so it's still possible that I'm back in a few months.

My new addiction is Gran Turismo Sport, happy to see that other people from the Regular Racers chat have it as well, so we can still get in touch. For those who don't, I'll still send some knock-knock jokes in the chat so don't worry.

Thanks everyone for the awesome times in GTA Online!  

Edited by Jc10110
  • Like 4