Pfister Supercup (Squirrel)

Skorpion

4 hours ago, Beez said:

I enjoyed Monza and was happy with how I was doing then had a minor racing incident with Goon and when I took off, forgot to get the checkpoint. I was on the front straight when I realized it. :(

Happened to me in Hungary :( 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• JuniorChubb

• Realjaysee

• Potato

First corner was a lot cleaner than we were expecting. I gave @Fido_le_muet a litte nudge but didn't cost us much time. When I looked back I didn't see any cars facing in the wrong direction either.

I wonder if the grid at Monza is offset from the start line to reduce the speed for turn 1 at the start of a race. 

My race below, enjoy!

My best finish untill now, but one of my worst races. Very happy with the qualify, for the first time I was able to do a lap that matches my fastest laps in practice. 
For the race : I was able to easily finish in second, but I binned it - for no reason - in lap 3 and started to lose my concentration in the last few laps. 

01:07 : start
07:10 : I was thinking : "I only have a 7 second laed towards @Clydicality. Better risk everything and take the Curva Grande as sharp as possible" Which resulted in a crash... I didn't lost a position, but my confortable 7 second lead was gone.
08:10 : Some collision behind me + @Mythaga start staring at my ass from a safe distance
21:00 : Mistake in the Variante Ascari, allowing Myth to come very close
22:11 : Slow exit from second Lesmo, Myth flies past me on the straight. At that moment, I was shouting "NO POWER!!!", "GP2 ENGINE!!!" and "THIS IS EMBERRASSING" over the team radio.

Congrats to @BRacer for winning his home race. I guess the tifosi played a big role in that win... :D

Thanks to @JuniorChubb for the great track (except that ******* wall in curva grande...)

And thanks to @Squirrel for hosting!

Enjoy : 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NrQh69SUjo&t=52s

Edited by Jc10110
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Cheers all good fun last night. @JuniorChubb Really enjoyed the track those chicanes were certainly a challenge! 

Well chuffed with 2nd my best result yet, not sure why but I was much more on the pace than usual. That car seamed slightly more stable and less slidey, probably due to the downforce changes...

I was 5th off the line and held station for a few laps then it all kicked off...

@Realjaysee had a moment that bunched me @Potato and @Clydicality up. I backed off as I thought this is going the end in tears! 

It did at the 3rd chicane when Spud and Clyd made contact allowing me through.

Was content to settle for 3rd tbh, but I was slowly catching JC and with a couple of laps to go he ran wide at the 2nd Lesmo and I got a run on him down the back straight. 

Unfortunately my 3rd spot in the standings will be short lived as I doubt I will be able to do the next round and rounds after that will be up in the air as I will probably be moving house soon, so dunno what the Internet situation will be like ?

Edited by Mythaga
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My qualifying and race (missed the actual start). No issues to report. Good battle with @Con with a couple of collisions that didn't seem to effect the overall positions. The one at about 13 mins on my video, sorry Con but I couldn't see you on the inside until it was too late to react.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, djw180 said:

My qualifying and race (missed the actual start). No issues to report. Good battle with @Con with a couple of collisions that didn't seem to effect the overall positions. The one at about 13 mins on my video, sorry Con but I couldn't see you on the inside until it was too late to react.

Seems to have been a few incidents like this in the race. The way the track is designed there's definitely been more opportunities than previous races for a dive down the inside to take the faster line after braking. 

In a traditional racing game and in real life you have mirrors to tell you that a driver is making their move and which side they are on. 

The chase cam view of GTA doesn't really help, you see a dot on the minimap but it's not that helpful when you're concentrating on your own braking point at the time. Seeing a car in the spot you're about to turn in on is quite surprising  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Seems to have been a few incidents like this in the race. The way the track is designed there's definitely been more opportunities than previous races for a dive down the inside to take the faster line after braking. 

In a traditional racing game and in real life you have mirrors to tell you that a driver is making their move and which side they are on. 

The chase cam view of GTA doesn't really help, you see a dot on the minimap but it's not that helpful when you're concentrating on your own braking point at the time. Seeing a car in the spot you're about to turn in on is quite surprising  

Sometimes you can't even see the red dot for the other player at all, if they are very close because it gets overlapped by the white arrow for your own car. That's what happened last night. When I watch the video back on the PC I can just about make out the edge of the red dot for Con's car sticking out on the left of the white arrow for mine. But in the actual race, sitting further away from the TV that I am from my PC now, I couldn't see any red dot near me.

It's a great track for learning to race on. The importance of a good line through the corner is key here due to the long straights. 

Far from being a dull foot to the floor circuit 

1 hour ago, djw180 said:

Cheers, DJ. I'm pretty sure I didn't help the cause with our collision or love-taps. I screwed you up by missing the starting boost since at that very moment, someone wishes me luck in the twitch chat and i looked away to see that it was Lime, and Bam, you run into the back of me. So that one is on him. lol. Anyway here is my footage in case it's needed.

Qualifying and Full Race:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Crawford1872 said:

#leavethebumps

You'll be happy to know the only bumps I've smoothed out are one on the 3rd corner which is bound to cause a few issues and an artificial bump created by a kerb I added 3/4 of the way around the track. 

Track is now ready for practice. 

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/Rm-WBrKLjkKKB1WXRQpR7A

• Like 3

Props to @JuniorChubb with Monza's great track quality (just a little advice; make Ascari more of a fast corner, required more steering than it should be regularly). Overall perfect job.

Qualifying and race coming in the next post (If you were surprised about my qualify time, you'll be more surprised how that time came out d:)

Edited by BRacer
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, BRacer said:

Props to @JuniorChubb with Monza's great track quality (just a little advice; make Ascari more of a fast corner, required more steering than it should be regularly). Overall perfect job.

Qualifying and race coming in the next post (If you were surprised about my qualify time, you'll be more surprised how that time came out d:)

Cheers BR :)

Ascari looked good but it was noticeable that it had to be taken slower than the 2nd chicane when it should have been the other way around. Not sure if I have the patience to revisit the track now the race has passed, if I do I will also consider that and tightening up the 2nd chicane and Lesmo 2 as I think they are easier now with downforce back.

Edited by JuniorChubb

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Race from my point of view. 

Looked to be a great first corner for the race with minimal contact. Qualified 7th finished 8th with @JuniorChubb ahead of me. Points on the board for team Xero :) 

2:03 - accident with @Squirrel. A little lag but also thought you would be turning left at the same time but I was a little too aggressive sorry. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, joper881583070460 said:

2:03 - accident with @Squirrel. A little lag but also thought you would be turning left at the same time but I was a little too aggressive sorry. 

It looked a bit strange from my POV. I knew there was a touch of contact but not enough to send us spinning off. 

From your view it's even stranger. It's almost as if an invisible hand came in and swept us off the track. 

Very bizzarre. 

• Like 1

My POV:

Mistakes on both quali laps meant I started 6th.
Got a super start (2:16) and almost crashed straight into @Squirrel
After that, an exciting battle with @Clydicality @Mythaga and @Fido_le_muet for 3rd place until @Realjaysee decided to become a safety car and bunch us all up.
9:20 - Collision with @Clydicality (sorry). I got the first part of ascari perfectly and didn't expect to get so close to you.
...Battle for 5th with @Clydicality and @joper881583070460. At 13:38 me and @joper881583070460 got a boost from the bump on the back straight, @Clydicality didn't. And then it's @Clydicality's turn to hit me :P
Finally some clean air. Time to hunt down @Fido_le_muet. Gap goes from 8s to 10s to 1.5s, and I'm thinking yay I can get 4th  ...until I get too greedy and hit a slow down strip at 24:48. A lap or two later I get the gap back down to under 2s, and see him go slowly out of the exit of the 2nd lesmo. So I got that turn perfectly and had a nice run on him down to ascari and got into 4th place. ...Just kidding I decided @Fido_le_muet should get 4th place and drifted into the barrier instead. I eventually limped home battered and bruised in 5th place. Not my best performance ever, although it was exciting and involved more positions gained and lost than the previous 5 rounds combined. But next time we can go back to normal thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/5/2017 at 8:50 AM, Squirrel said:

Seems to have been a few incidents like this in the race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1839&v=Yd06C3wWjrg

At the 30:37 mark , @djw180 and I have our major collision. I want to make sure if it was my fault, I prevent it from happening again. I just thought he was slowing down at the turn and since I was on the inside, I thought I would get to the turn first, but after watching it several times, I think he actually got to the turn first and i think racing etiquette dictates that the person getting to the corner first has the right of way and I should have slowed down. Thanks for any tips. And DJ if it was my fault, im sorry. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Con said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1839&v=Yd06C3wWjrg

At the 30:37 mark , @djw180 and I have our major collision. I want to make sure if it was my fault, I prevent it from happening again. I just thought he was slowing down at the turn and since I was on the inside, I thought I would get to the turn first, but after watching it several times, I think he actually got to the turn first and i think racing etiquette dictates that the person getting to the corner first has the right of way and I should have slowed down. Thanks for any tips. And DJ if it was my fault, im sorry. 

Looks like you and @djw180 had a good scrap most of the race. 

As for this incident, you did look like you got to the corner first but you were never going to make the corner coming from that side of the track without losing too much speed. 

You were in a strange blindspot, although you were along side, you couldn't be seen as you were both at opposite sides of the track.

On the subsequent laps at the same corner where you do manage to overtake him you were more on the racing line and make the move cleanly. 

Litte example below of the best line through a chicane. 

Chicane%20turn.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for that breakdown!! Will help me keep getting better.

Last night I raced with a Global leader of I think, Gauntlet. We are friends now. I invited him and a few of his admins to come check out our site last night. Lionwoods20 is his name I think the crew tag was BAAA.

Monza Finalised Results. 

Monza
1 B Racer TLG Racing 28:04.068
2 mythaga 80s Gamer 28:43.399
3 JC10110 TLG Racing 28:44.339
4 Fido_le_muet Retro Racer 28:54.749
5 Random Potato Tenshun 28:58.155
6 clydicality Wiwang 29:13.404
7 Junior Chubb Xero Gas 29:17.089
8 joper88 Xero Gas 29:25.277
9 Squirrelarmy 80s Gamer 29:26.634
10 Dead Goon Meinmacht 29:27.883
11 trashbags1980 Auto Exotic 29:27.968
12 The Lady Aella Globe Oil 29:52.335
13 djw180 Globe Oil DNF
14 ConGamePro Guest Driver DNF
15 beez Auto Exotic DNF
16 TheBoyBry Retro Racer DNF
17 Crawford1872 Retro Racer NS
18 Pauliewantsblood Tenshun NS
19 Starmonkeykiller 80s Gamer NS
20 Sagrawa Meinmacht NS
21 Omarcomin Guest Driver NS
22 Zmurko Meinmacht NS
23 Tremonius Xero Gas NS
24 Proxide Fruit Performance NS
25 madden141 Globe Oil NS
26 acdc_sw TLG Racing NS
27 No_snacks Meinmacht NS
28 Xutek6651 Auto Exotic NS
29 MarkVerstappen Guest Driver NS
30 Retired-Mafia Guest Driver NS
31 Lann Wiwang NS
32 Protocawl Tenshun NS
33 DavidCore89 Wiwang NS
34 Sherratt313 Fruit Performance NS
35 FinDNF Fruit Performance NS
36 Matty Wiwang NS
37 Skorpion Fruit Performance NS
38 grjkie Fruit Performance NS
39 Adsyfindlay Globe Oil NS
40 Jesse Xero Gas NS

Depending on results TLG Racing can wrap up the teams championship after Singapore. No pressure @Realjaysee, it will all be down to when and how badly you bin it :D

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Depending on results TLG Racing can wrap up the teams championship after Singapore. No pressure @Realjaysee, it will all be down to when and how badly you bin it :D

During qualify, I will bin it once in turn 5. I will bin it 4 times in the same turn during the race. 

Unless you can do something about the sidewalks there ? The one in the corner itself acceptable (altough I would even that out) but right before the turn there is a bit of sidestep as well, on the righthand side (on the racing life as well, when you steer in). If that corner would exist irl, the FIA would put 10 ambulances and 10 romero hearses in that corner.

It's a bit ironic : The FIA is introducing Halo's on single seaters, we are putting sidewalks on the racing line... :')

An other thing : Can you maybe do like Monza, and put the start/finish checkpoint a bit further away from turn 1 ? The "lap 5/10" bar blocks the view in that corner.

@Potato : Sorry for my safety car behaviour. I just had my big crash and it's never a good idea to go full speed immediately after a crash. Trust me, I am experienced in that matter.

Edited by Jc10110
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Realjaysee said:

@Potato : Sorry for my safety car behaviour. I just had my big crash and it's never a good idea to go full speed immediately after a crash. Trust me, I am experienced in that matter.

No worries man I wasn't using it as an excuse for my own incompetence

Next time just make sure you have a bigger crash so I can overtake you just like in Catalunya, thanks 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BRacer said:

Hey people! Since i've been winning all the races and i have ton of points, next race i'd like to have fun: is it possible to start in last place? Just asking :)

I can't change the rules to allow someone to choose where they want to start but if you failed to set a fast enough qualifying time that would be where you would start.