VANS Chat

VANS Official

4 hours ago, Warriors-Ten said:

If anyone fancies it, Mythaga is hosting a Wreckfest night tomorrow starting at 8pm, all welcome! Usually hilarious and very destructive 🙂 

Might take you up on that, gonna watch the Royal rumble 2moro night so could happily take part in some racing that doesn't need me to be 100% involved and when I crash into someone they can't moan

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

9 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Might take you up on that, gonna watch the Royal rumble 2moro night so could happily take part in some racing that doesn't need me to be 100% involved and when I crash into someone they can't moan

I’ll be moaning if you don’t crash into me! The more the merrier mate :) 

• Haha 1

This Wednesday plans up a little late due to website issues.  It's the GT Sports Car cup that was previously postponed due to snow times!

• Like 2

So let me get this right...

The event that was postponed due to the snow is now going ahead due to the snow?

• Haha 3

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

On 2/8/2021 at 12:21 PM, JuniorChubb said:

Morning all, don’t forget to enter the COVID mask selfie contest...

Amazon gift cards for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places.

https://www.rockstarsocialclub.net/competition/6-best-covid-mask-selfie/

I kindly refuse but I have to say I had a laugh on yours and Cats' 🙈 this all reminds me of Trashy's crazy selfie in the beginning of all this madness. That was truly epic though lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Verstappen said:

I have a funeral this Monday and dont have any ideas for Wednesday so if @SkyeDave, @JuniorChubb or anyone else can organise something for Wednesday. That'd be great. Thanks in advance. 🙂

Sorry to hear that Stapp, I wont be on though.

If Dave is not about a week break or hopping on with XDBX are options.

4 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

Found something @CatManDozamight like...

You know me so well Mr chubb, alas, I saw that a while ago in the hot wheels Facebook group I'm in. f*ckin awesome though. Reminds me I need to get black country Diecast back on the go

56 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

You know me so well Mr chubb, alas, I saw that a while ago in the hot wheels Facebook group I'm in. f*ckin awesome though. Reminds me I need to get black country Diecast back on the go

I was well impressed with this.

Simple physics I suppose but it just looks so cool with the slo-mo.

4 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

I was well impressed with this.

Simple physics I suppose but it just looks so cool with the slo-mo.

I'll get to building one

• Like 1

Just in case anybody had wondered what I have been up to during my recent hibernation (not that anyone is really that sad), I have been learning how to use the Unreal Engine.

Finally finished the first project I set myself, a remake of the original Donkey Kong arcade game. I had to scale things back to only the first level as it is a very slow process but I am more than happy with the result.

5 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

Just in case anybody had wondered what I have been up to during my recent hibernation (not that anyone is really that sad), I have been learning how to use the Unreal Engine.

Finally finished the first project I set myself, a remake of the original Donkey Kong arcade game. I had to scale things back to only the first level as it is a very slow process but I am more than happy with the result.

Good to see you about again Mr chubb, not gonna lie, I've missed you being about, missed Sunday fortnite and defo missed Wednesday top gear. I'm sure you have your reasons for being a grumpy miserable bloke, but coem back soon. 

Also, where can we buy your game, need to support indepent developers 

Edited by CatManDoza
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Good to see you about again Mr chubb, not gonna lie, I've missed you being about, missed Sunday fortnite and defo missed Wednesday top gear. I'm sure you have your reasons for being a grumpy miserable bloke, but coem back soon. 

I can’t sell this one Cat, Nintendo might come knocking on my door.

It’s not overly exciting to play but I can email it to you if you want a copy.

I try to come back on Wednesdays, not sure what’s up though ☹️

1 hour ago, JuniorChubb said:

I can’t sell this one Cat, Nintendo might come knocking on my door.

It’s not overly exciting to play but I can email it to you if you want a copy.

I try to come back on Wednesdays, not sure what’s up though ☹️

I'll gladly take a copy to play. 

Drop me a message anytime pal, you know I've always got time for you! 

On 2/19/2021 at 10:31 PM, CatManDoza said:

Also Chubb and I have been discussing making a new and original game as I was the one who turned him onto Unreal Engine.

So as the legal council for DubChubb Studios has informed me, Chubb is indeed correct we cannot sell Donkey Kong because as our lawyer informed us "they'll bum you harder than you've ever been bummed before". He's crude but I take his council very seriously. 

In other news, I've been significantly more well for about 5 or 6 weeks now, which is a major uptick in comparison to my previous occasional day of feeling "normal", or at least normal by my standards so Race Club and Time Trials work has been occuring.

In more depressing news, as I've been struggling to find an F30 3 Series estate at the price and standard I want and with 1 Series prices being absolutely mental right now I've ended up buying a bloody Mondeo estate as a stop gap because I can't be arsed to do any work on the A6 so that's been chucked on ebay. 

Edit: Re Unreal Engine, I have been much more subtle and clever. I've been working on a platform game called "Concerned Coalman" which is a totally new and original creation and in no way affiliated or based on Manic Miner*

* I'm sure that will hold up in court. 

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, doubleg213 said:

Also Chubb and I have been discussing making a new and original game as I was the one who turned him onto Unreal Engine.

So as the legal council for DubChubb Studios has informed me, Chubb is indeed correct we cannot sell Donkey Kong because as our lawyer informed us "they'll bum you harder than you've ever been bummed before". He's crude but I take his council very seriously. 

In other news, I've been significantly more well for about 5 or 6 weeks now, which is a major uptick in comparison to my previous occasional day of feeling "normal", or at least normal by my standards so Race Club and Time Trials work has been occuring.

In more depressing news, as I've been struggling to find an F30 3 Series estate at the price and standard I want and with 1 Series prices being absolutely mental right now I've ended up buying a bloody Mondeo estate as a stop gap because I can't be arsed to do any work on the A6 so that's been chucked on ebay. 

Edit: Re Unreal Engine, I have been much more subtle and clever. I've been working on a platform game called "Concerned Coalman" which is a totally new and original creation and in no way affiliated or based on Manic Miner*

* I'm sure that will hold up in court. 

Concerned Coalman!!! Brilliant!

Good to see you back about, have definatly missed...........god knows what actually!!

@doubleg213And when will we get to meet the long awaited Concerned Coalman? I am starting my second project and waiting for ChubbDub studios to swing into action!

@CatManDoza don't try to explain Dubg's 'je ne sais quoi'.

2 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

@doubleg213And when will we get to meet the long awaited Concerned Coalman? I am starting my second project and waiting for ChubbDub studios to swing into action!

If there's anything at all a lonely midlander could do to help at all, please let me know! I'm only doing 1 or 2 days a week at the moment at work!! I'm bored

21 hours ago, CatManDoza said:

Good to see you back about, have definatly missed...........god knows what actually!!

12 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

I prefer to think of it as my own personal idiom. On one hand I like big V8's and heavy metal, on the other I am probably more delighted than is normal about the fact that I've figured out a lookup method for Excel which means I don't have to use lookup tables and makes some of my data analysis significantly more effective. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, doubleg213 said:

I prefer to think of it as my own personal idiom. On one hand I like big V8's and heavy metal, on the other I am probably more delighted than is normal about the fact that I've figured out a lookup method for Excel which means I don't have to use lookup tables and makes some of my data analysis significantly more effective. 

That explains it perfectly

• Like 1

@CatManDozaif you wanna get involved new ideas always help, playtesting, promotion, music, sound effects, there is all sorts we may come across if we get off the ground.