VANS Chat

VANS Official

16 minutes ago, Aslad said:

I did a disappear again oops

So circumstances change, the Coupe is sadly up for sale 😞

Commuting 100 miles a day was taking it's toll on my wallet in a car that only manages about 250 miles to a tank, so I've replaced it with an BMW E91 330D Touring. 

@doubleg hope you're proud, I've come to the dark side 😂 

3.0 inline-6 and it's hilariously economical and surprisingly good sounding for a diesel. And very quick compared to the Coupe 😂

@r99.swl on Instagram for pics 🙌

Damn thats a nice looking car. Defo the sort of thing I want for work when I get rid of the nissan! Which no longer looks like a pair of painters trousers after a couple of long afternoons with the tcut and some black bumper paint

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

20 hours ago, Aslad said:

@doubleg hope you're proud, I've come to the dark side 😂 

3.0 inline-6 and it's hilariously economical and surprisingly good sounding for a diesel. And very quick compared to the Coupe 😂

In other news water is wet. 

Edited by doubleg213
  • Haha 2

On 9/14/2021 at 11:11 AM, CatManDoza said:

Damn thats a nice looking car. Defo the sort of thing I want for work when I get rid of the nissan! Which no longer looks like a pair of painters trousers after a couple of long afternoons with the tcut and some black bumper paint

I am really loving it. Feels like such a boat compared to the Coupe though, I need to get some lowering springs on it 😂😂 

No, I didn't misspell Salad 

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

Hyundai Coupe TSIII Fanclub

8 hours ago, Aslad said:

I am really loving it. Feels like such a boat compared to the Coupe though, I need to get some lowering springs on it 😂😂 

Rather than any aftermarket stuff you're better off getting the M option kit suspension for it from a dealer.

People will moan about stuff being claimed as M, but most of the M (or Sport) labelled options kits do actually upgrade. They will be a little shorter, but with stiffer springs and better damping rates. On one of the E36's I had it was an "M" car as it had the optional M Tech suspension kit and it was noticeably better than the other one, which was identical other than the suspension kit. 

Chucking some lower springs on stuff without the damping settings of the shock absorbers matching isn't the answer to any problem. Or if you go aftermarket coilovers then with the best will in the world, the average person and even most garages don't know how to actually adjust them correctly anyway. Suspension setup isn't all that easy and the guys at M division definitely know more about it than most of us!

If you want, send me the chassis number over and I'll run it through and get you the proper full spec. list of your car if you want as well as I have full access to all of the BMW software. 

Edited by doubleg213

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 7:45 AM, doubleg213 said:

Rather than any aftermarket stuff you're better off getting the M option kit suspension for it from a dealer.

People will moan about stuff being claimed as M, but most of the M (or Sport) labelled options kits do actually upgrade. They will be a little shorter, but with stiffer springs and better damping rates. On one of the E36's I had it was an "M" car as it had the optional M Tech suspension kit and it was noticeably better than the other one, which was identical other than the suspension kit. 

Chucking some lower springs on stuff without the damping settings of the shock absorbers matching isn't the answer to any problem. Or if you go aftermarket coilovers then with the best will in the world, the average person and even most garages don't know how to actually adjust them correctly anyway. Suspension setup isn't all that easy and the guys at M division definitely know more about it than most of us!

If you want, send me the chassis number over and I'll run it through and get you the proper full spec. list of your car if you want as well as I have full access to all of the BMW software. 

Sorry for the slow reply, I really need to check here more often 😂

Yeah I am on the hunt for some of the M-Sport components, wouldn't want to go the coilover route as given the Coupe's abysmal ride I am enjoying having some actual comfort 😂 I had a 318d M-Sport for a week or two as a loaner from work and it handled super well so it's definitely what I'm after 

No, I didn't misspell Salad 

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

Hyundai Coupe TSIII Fanclub

2 minutes ago, Mark Verstappen said:

@CatManDozaI'll make some time to watch them tomorrow. Be sure to be there for Wreckfest at the hour! 😀

Oh yeah its wreckfest tonight!! I'm there for sure

ClosedSparklingEyelashpitviper-max-1mb.g

@CatManDoza thanks for those videos. Great scenery for a railroad, nice pictures like that with all the foliage and old buildings/bridges. And wow the immaculate state of all that rolling stock. 😲

The one near the end of the second video with 'd*ck Hardy' plaque on the side. That model of locomotive came over here and was painted in Dutch Railways Cargo yellow and grey in their later years. I have a scale model of those. 😀

Edited by Mark Verstappen
🚂🚃🚃🚃
  • Like 1

Glad you enjoyed them stappo, they've ended up with some decent views for my youtube content!!

Anyone fancy a change of pace sometime with the PS+ golf game? I'm gonna check out multiplayer later and see if there are any other modes than just golf, but just though it could be a change. Especially after getting teased with pro evo a few years back

• Like 1

Thats free right? Send me a message when you see me on PS so I wont forget to download and play together or something. If its not free we can always golf in GTA Online. 😃

1 minute ago, Mark Verstappen said:

Thats free right? Send me a message when you see me on PS so I wont forget to download and play together or something. If its not free we can always golf in GTA Online. 😃

yeah it's this months ps plus game. At least we could have a change of game and it doenst cost anyhting

• Like 2

On 10/7/2021 at 1:44 PM, CatManDoza said:

Glad you enjoyed them stappo, they've ended up with some decent views for my youtube content!!

Anyone fancy a change of pace sometime with the PS+ golf game? I'm gonna check out multiplayer later and see if there are any other modes than just golf, but just though it could be a change. Especially after getting teased with pro evo a few years back

Fore! Play with you I will.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

31 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Fore! Play with you I will.

Best they have that isn't proper golf is fastest to the pin for 4 players. Tiger Woods had better modes on it and you could press buttons to put other players off too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CatManDoza said:

Best they have that isn't proper golf is fastest to the pin for 4 players. Tiger Woods had better modes on it and you could press buttons to put other players off too

Tiger Woods with DMX soundtrack was the one, many hours spent on that on the GameCube before a corrupt memory card soiled my experience.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

On 12/29/2019 at 11:40 PM, CatManDoza said:

Found a compilation of @SkyeDavefave cartoons from when he was a wee un

not sure how I ended up seeing this post form 2 years ago, but f*ck me I've had a loff this evening watcing this

• 3 weeks later...

was looking through my old youtube videos for something earlier, watched this and it made me chuckle

• Like 2