VANS Chat

VANS Official

Evening all.  I'm sorry I haven't been able to organise anything for this week.  I'm struggling with a deadline at work. If anybody fancies a nights racing I'd suggest keeping an eye out for XDBX who'll start at 9pm UK time and dropping them a polite message to see if you can join.

A big thanks to @Mark Verstappenwho has been taking care of so many Wednesday nights entertainment for us during these strange times.

I'll be showing as online but I won't be on GTA this evening, I'll be working whilst I've got Netlflix on.

Hope to catch you all soon.

• Like 2

This coming Monday is the first Monday of the month.. which of course means Mythaga will be hosting a Wreckfest night. @SkyeDave @CatManDoza@doubleg213and anybody else all welcome to destroy vehicles in the name of entertainment ☺️ 8pm start! 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 3:38 PM, Warriors-Ten said:

This coming Monday is the first Monday of the month.. which of course means Mythaga will be hosting a Wreckfest night. @SkyeDave @CatManDoza@doubleg213and anybody else all welcome to destroy vehicles in the name of entertainment ☺️ 8pm start! 

I'll do my best, but wolves vs Tesco all stars kicks off at 6, so I may be a bit late logging on

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

Afternoon all, apologies for my recent absence my head has just not been in a good place recently. I think lockdown has seriously had a negative effect on my social skills.

Im gonna try and get through my messages today and catch up.

Hope you are all well, would love to get on to play but just can’t get over the mental hurdles I need to do so (that sounds a little weird, just can’t explain it).

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

19 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

Afternoon all, apologies for my recent absence my head has just not been in a good place recently. I think lockdown has seriously had a negative effect on my social skills.

Hope you are all well, would love to get on to play but just can’t get over the mental hurdles I need to do so (that sounds a little weird, just can’t explain it).

you don't need to explain it. Like it or not everything going on in the world has effected different people in different ways!

Would love to see you back about playing mate, but in your own time!

I've been enjoying rust and FiveM with trashy and his bro but recently, I have had no drive to play anything, I'll sit at my pc and watch youtube and generally fanny about!!

• Like 2

On 5/8/2021 at 3:17 PM, JuniorChubb said:

Don’t need to apologise either, man of Cat is spot on. Would be lying if I said I hadn’t had several wobbles over the past 12 months or so, ironically having some form of ‘social life’ with you guys and the Monday night group as well has definitely helped in terms of 1) banter and 2) getting a routine, especially when I was off on furlough for a few months last year. Hopefully you can get back to your usual self mate, have missed having you on with us 

• Like 3

I'll be joining you boys again tomorrow, been a bit busy but I also can very much relate to the words spoken above and I had also some very difficult moments.

These crazy ongoing times affect every one of us, maybe in different ways but there is simply no denying that there is something going on that the entire world never ever witnessed before. No matter how you think and feel about, it is beyond everything we humans ever experienced. And that has a huge impact. 

I still struggle at times to enjoy life, I lost many old friends due to different views on this whole madness and even within the family there are cracks. I have quit smoking the special stuff to be as independent as possible (that was not easy after 20+ years 🙈) and to be strong on myself. I'll try to cherish the things I have and I am blessed with my 2 birds and the beautiful house. Those are the things that are most important and together we get through this!

I can't wait to catch you all again and I know there will be a moment when the old time usual suspects are coming together again! Much love and best wishes to you all and I will catch some of you tomorrow! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Paulie said:

I'll be joining you boys again tomorrow, been a bit busy but I also can very much relate to the words spoken above and I had also some very difficult moments.

These crazy ongoing times affect every one of us, maybe in different ways but there is simply no denying that there is something going on that the entire world never ever witnessed before. No matter how you think and feel about, it is beyond everything we humans ever experienced. And that has a huge impact. 

I still struggle at times to enjoy life, I lost many old friends due to different views on this whole madness and even within the family there are cracks. I have quit smoking the special stuff to be as independent as possible (that was not easy after 20+ years 🙈) and to be strong on myself. I'll try to cherish the things I have and I am blessed with my 2 birds and the beautiful house. Those are the things that are most important and together we get through this!

I can't wait to catch you all again and I know there will be a moment when the old time usual suspects are coming together again! Much love and best wishes to you all and I will catch some of you tomorrow! 

I too shall be there 2moro, the wife's not at work so no 9pm pick up. 

Holy sh*t @PaulieI never thought I'd see the day!!! Giving up the smoke!

I know what you mean about cracks appearing in relationships due to difference in thinking. I haven't lost any friends yet, but I'm getting earfuls every so often. I get a feeling you're on the same wavelength as me in that regard.

I think my biggest problem recently has been work, it's been a stressful change going self employed. Having no jobs the one minute then having a fully booked month, losing sleep worrying about getting them done on time! 

Oh well onwards and upwards and a fun Wednesday eve! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CatManDoza said:

I get a feeling you're on the same wavelength as me in that regard.

I know and knew that is for sure my dear Man of Cats ☺️ 

Hope you can make it tonight mate and otherwise till very soon! 

Like everyone has said, the past year or so has been difficult and affected everyone badly I think. 

Since everyone is making an effort I'll try and get on tonight as well 🙂

• Like 1

No, I didn't misspell Salad 

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

Hyundai Coupe TSIII Fanclub

39 minutes ago, Aslad said:

Like everyone has said, the past year or so has been difficult and affected everyone badly I think. 

Since everyone is making an effort I'll try and get on tonight as well 🙂

I'm that case, I'm washing my hair

Apologies if I’m a little bit quiet this evening, one of those days, received a bit of sh*te news earlier. Look forward to @SkyeDave’s puns and dad jokes to cheer me up mind. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CatManDoza said:

I'm that case, I'm washing my hair

I apologise for making you do that in vain 😭 deadline week and got distracted with my work..

• Like 1

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

Evening all.  I'm going to have to work split shifts on Wednesday and Thursday so I won't be home in time to attend a Wednesday night event. not least host one.  If no one else is able to host and you want to get a racing fix I'd recommend joining the XDBX guys.  

Hope to catch you all soon.

Dave

Dang you Dave just as wanted to pick up the weekly Wednesday routine again 😅 lols no worries mate I am kidding and as much I wanted to be there again tomorrow I am also probably not gonna make it, good luck with the shifts and hopefully catch you all next week!

Indeed the first Wednesday I don't have to pick the wife up at 9 aswell! Although the footy is on at 6 so beer will be supped! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just an update really

That automotive photography / media internship I was supposed to start fell through as they turned around and told me "they could no longer offer the position due to structural changes within the company" after they knew full well I'd quit my job and committed to renting a house in order to do it.

So I'm now working part-time in a warehouse while carrying on with my freelance work 🤷‍♂️ 

Pretty frustrating and I'm usually too drained to even think about coming online. My uni work is all done but tbh I had no motivation and don't expect it to grade very highly so essentially I have screwed myself, but what will be will be

Hope you're all well 🙌

Edited by Aslad

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

That's a proper d*ck move all round salad my lad. I just hope it works out for you. 

Hope all the rest of you lot are good too, shame things ain't what they once were, but I guess that's life hey. 

Keep fighting the good fight my brothers! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ah man. Thats not nice @Aslad. But I gotta say after last year having a job, even if part time and temporarily, being around people is important.

Coming Monday is the first Monday of the month so its Wreckfest time at 8 PM UK time. Wrecking cars and such might get your mind of things for a bit.

@JuniorChubb I'm not sure what to say about what you wrote, like you said yourself, its hard to explain/word. But you can join us anytime, without a mic if you prefer like how I started to test the waters. It helped me a lot back then to get comfortable, and look how that helped. I dare to host things now.

For you too Chubb, if you wanna get your mind if things, without mic if you prefer, Wreckfest time coming monday. If you dont own it, no worries, @Warriors-Ten and me got you covered on getting the game.

• Like 2

Reminder to anyone wishing to join us tomorrow for Wreckfest (all welcome, 8pm start) - there is a pretty hefty update, so please make sure you’ve already got the update sorted! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Warriors-Ten said:

Reminder to anyone wishing to join us tomorrow for Wreckfest (all welcome, 8pm start) - there is a pretty hefty update, so please make sure you’ve already got the update sorted! 

f*ck yes! Wife's at work tonight! 

Howling Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Warriors-Ten said:

Make sure you log in and get the update sorted ASAP! Rumour has it, @SkyeDave @mulderand @badingaaamay be joining us 👀

I'm doing it as we speak, won't get fooled again! 

And on a side note, since my TV got relocates to my daughter room I run my ps4 through my pc monitor! Looks s*xy as f**k

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Next DLC announced. Focused solely on cars and everything related to them!

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/25o1829o5o4993/los-santos-tuners-coming-july-20

For me personally the Dominator Classic and a new BMW are highlights but the Remus is probably my favorite of the new tuners shown thus far. What (cars) are you guys looking forward to? Seems like a vast selection with It looks like an early 2000 mustang, and Audi, new Supra, RX-7 & for @Paulieit looks like there is a Honda S2000. 17 new cars enroute!

Edited by Mark Verstappen