VANS Chat

VANS Official

1 hour ago, JuniorChubb said:

@CatManDozaif you wanna get involved new ideas always help, playtesting, promotion, music, sound effects, there is all sorts we may come across if we get off the ground.

Cool, I will help in anyway I can. 

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

59 minutes ago, Warriors-Ten said:

Tomorrow night from 8pm, Mythaga will be hosting another Wreckfest night, all welcome, the more the merrier! 😂

yes please

• Like 1

Missed the Wreckfest post otherwise I would have showed up and caused some carnage in my RS1600. 

Next time. 

5 hours ago, doubleg213 said:

Missed the Wreckfest post otherwise I would have showed up and caused some carnage in my RS1600. 

Next time. 

It’s a routine now, first Monday of every month = Wreckfest night. 8pm start, Mythaga hosts. We do Gran Turismo Sport racing on Monday nights usually, if anyone fancies having a dabble on GTS you’d all be welcome to join. Paulie/Stapp/Alex are regulars 🙂 

• Like 1

I had every intention on joining Monday night, but a long day at work and some special pain killers called it an early night

• Sad 1

Saw some roller skates in the prop store today.  Decided it was the best paint scheme I've ever seen and wished I had a 70s Supercar to put it on......

IMG_3673-1.thumb.JPG.49d49ceb772c3caa3ac967a7d1e44154.JPGIMG_3676.thumb.jpeg.ddba02b556323a8a1f938f5b509a8140.jpeg

• Like 2

Hello VANS.  Just a wee reminder in case you missed it that @zmurko is running this for the next four Sundays. Quiet, Non contact championship may not normally be your thing but if you've been missing your Wednesday night racing fix and want to give it a whirl then do come along.  When you crash, you've only got yourself to blame.  @mulder and I will be there, hope to see a few more folk too.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SkyeDave said:

Saw some roller skates in the prop store today.  Decided it was the best paint scheme I've ever seen and wished I had a 70s Supercar to put it on......

IMG_3673-1.thumb.JPG.49d49ceb772c3caa3ac967a7d1e44154.JPGIMG_3676.thumb.jpeg.ddba02b556323a8a1f938f5b509a8140.jpeg

This looks familiar Dave!

Also been meaning to catch up with you to share a little yarn.

I had to deal with someone at work with the surname Pun, a joke you made about puns and a newspaper instantly sprung to mind... When Mr Pun left I sat down with one of the receptionist’s to tell them how I had a chat with Mr Pun and how he told me how hard it was to get into school in his country of origin.

Him and his nine brothers & sisters all applied for the same school but all their applications were denied, none of them got in...

No Pun in ten did!

She fell for it hook line and sinker.

I thought you might enjoy the real world use of the first ‘Dave’ joke you shared with us many moons ago!

• Haha 4

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Can't remember if I mentioned it here, but I have a website for my photography now! 

https://sewell-automedia.co.uk/

Lockdown ruined any attempts at shoots recently but the recent easing meant I've been able to start up again, so I've got a few exciting cars on the way. Got a joint shoot with a GR Yaris & a Mk5 GR Supra in a couple of weeks, so that's Toyota's current two flagship cars together which will be pretty cool, then a McLaren MP4-12C the day after. 

It's also landed me an internship at Kahn Design doing photography, videography, media and design work which I start towards the end of April which is pretty exciting - if you don't know who they are, all I'll say is they make some very nice custom off-roaders... including a Corvette-engined 6x6 Land Rover Defender which is just mental 😂

• Like 2

No, I didn't misspell Salad 

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

Hyundai Coupe TSIII Fanclub

Nice to see you @Aslad, yup you shared it before and it still looks great so it’s good to be reminded.

Some feedback, all from a place of love...

I’d get that Fiesta in the sunset on the homepage or maybe the yellow Fiat. A few of your other gallery shots are a lot more dynamic than the homepage image. You might just be waiting for McLaren for the homepage though, fingers crossed on a good day for shooting when it comes.

I see you didn’t take our advice on ditching the gmail and replacing it with an @sewell-automedia.co.uk email address though 😉

Well played on the Internship too, you must be buzzin right now. 👍

• Like 1

Fair play salad, that's what following your passion and a lot of hard work does for you. 

Now where's my time machine to send me back 25 years...... 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CatManDoza said:

Fair play salad, that's what following your passion and a lot of hard work does for you. 

Now where's my time machine to send me back 25 years...... 

This is how far back we need to go... God knows how they done this in 1972.

thats mad for the 70's.

there they were pioneering 3D modelling in the 70's and here I am in 2021 in my 30's playing video games and putting my hot wheels collection on the wall!!!

22 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

thats mad for the 70's.

there they were pioneering 3D modelling in the 70's and here I am in 2021 in my 30's playing video games and putting my hot wheels collection on the wall!!!

Also found this, I am planning on working my way through what is relevant to me here https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/onlinelearning-courses?sessionInvalidated=true

Not sure if you would be interested but thought I would share it.

Also, @Asladwas thinking of you too and wondering if your Khan guys use any of this https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/industry/automotive-transportation 

• Like 1

This Wednesdays plans are up.  A simple night of racing all the Karins.  Except the Dilettante cos it's sh*t.  We'll probably race the Futo twice to make up for it because it's awesome.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 1:36 PM, JuniorChubb said:

Nice to see you @Aslad, yup you shared it before and it still looks great so it’s good to be reminded.

Some feedback, all from a place of love...

I’d get that Fiesta in the sunset on the homepage or maybe the yellow Fiat. A few of your other gallery shots are a lot more dynamic than the homepage image. You might just be waiting for McLaren for the homepage though, fingers crossed on a good day for shooting when it comes.

I see you didn’t take our advice on ditching the gmail and replacing it with an @sewell-automedia.co.uk email address though 😉

Well played on the Internship too, you must be buzzin right now. 👍

1. Yup, waiting for the McLaren 😂 gotta be the poster car hasn't it really 😛 

2. Check again 😉 

I was mid-way through updating the website when I posted that, I've put another shoot up since, have expanded with a lot more in-depth pages, pricing breakdowns etc and, yes, a slightly better email address. I wasn't able to use one with a ...@sewell.automedia.co.uk one unfortunately as it requires more money which I don't have right now so a free sewell.automedia@gmail.com one will have to do for now!

Oh yeah I'm so excited to start, gonna be a great opportunity. Just have to hope it'll lead somewhere 😂

Edited by Aslad
  • Like 1

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

On 3/13/2021 at 8:28 PM, JuniorChubb said:

Also, @Asladwas thinking of you too and wondering if your Khan guys use any of this https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/industry/automotive-transportation 

I'm not too sure but that is some seriously insane animation and modelling going on there 😮

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

3 hours ago, Aslad said:

I'm not too sure but that is some seriously insane animation and modelling going on there 😮

Indeed, some insane stuff but I think there is a lot of stuff in there that lets you mix real footage with digital footage, might be something you are doing yourself in the near future.

Just read about your Lightroom use to, noice. I was going to ask how know you are on that side of things as it’s just as important as the shot taking.

Cant believe your web hosts aren’t chucking in a fee email, catch all or forwarder! I’d send DubG round to f*ck them up if I was you!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Indeed, some insane stuff but I think there is a lot of stuff in there that lets you mix real footage with digital footage, might be something you are doing yourself in the near future.

Just read about your Lightroom use to, noice. I was going to ask how know you are on that side of things as it’s just as important as the shot taking.

Cant believe your web hosts aren’t chucking in a fee email, catch all or forwarder! I’d send DubG round to f*ck them up if I was you!

Yeah it's annoying but ah well 😂 

Yeah I use Lightroom, if you check the Edits highlights on my Instagram you can see plenty of before / afters to see just how big a difference editing can make, it's a vital part of it for sure

• Like 1

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

Well, both fancy car shoots completed, website updated and prices increased (though still nowhere near where I want to charge cause people are cheapskates lmao)

Home - https://sewell-automedia.co.uk/

McLaren - https://sewell-automedia.co.uk/mclaren-mp412c

GR Yaris & Supra - https://sewell-automedia.co.uk/gr-yaris-gr-supra

Enjoy 😉

• Like 2

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

s*xy stuff @Aslad.

Really like a couple of the GR shots you done in portrait with the spacing top and bottom,.

Pricing is a b*tch, especially with something like this. Just stick to your guns and don’t undersell yourself.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

s*xy stuff @Aslad.

Really like a couple of the GR shots you done in portrait with the spacing top and bottom,.

Pricing is a b*tch, especially with something like this. Just stick to your guns and don’t undersell yourself.

Agreed with pricing. Everyone wants something for nothing. Lost so many jobs because I won't budge on price, but I'd end up paying myself way less than minimum wage. 

When I've got a car worthy of it salad, I'll pay you full whacka with a tip so you can go buy yourself a new dress! 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Everyone wants something for nothing.

Yup, and ‘mates rates’ too... fak off!

Why Dont mates rates involve paying your mates more to support them instead of less?

Favours and work are two spermatozoa things IMO.

BTW autocorrect changed ‘seperate’ to ‘spermatozoa’, I decided to leave it as whatever it means it is a fantastic new word!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

BTW autocorrect changed ‘seperate’ to ‘spermatozoa’, I decided to leave it as whatever it means it is a fantastic new word!

catmanspermatozoa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)