Rate the Last Film you Watched

StressEater

Last films I watched.

Trainwreck - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3152624/?ref_=nv_sr_1

6/10.

Amy is a journalist who loves a one night stand. This is a story of why, who and how she turns herself around. Quite funny in some bits (John Cena has a brilliant few scenes) Amy Schumer can be a little annoying for 2 hours straight though.

Southpaw - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1798684/?ref_=nv_sr_1

9/10

Love love love this film. One of the best films I have ever seen. Jake Gyllenhaal is superb as Billy Hope, the boxer with the world at his feet, until one life changing night.

I'm expecting a Best Actor Oscar for him.

• Like 1

ohh thats already on my list because anything post apocalyptic will get play by me :D

this is the one set on a train right? i think (might be completely wrong here) that it was based off of an Anime or Manga?

i do like the first two tbh i taught tokyo drift was decent. the last one just left alot to be desired for me

but im not into gta for the cars tbh im in it for drive-bys, Boyz in the hood style xD

Yes it is on a train and yes you should watch it. I can't say to much without giving anything away. I guess all I can say is for a movie on a train it never feels like a confined movie. For example; Phone booth, how are you going to make a movie about a guy in a phone booth and it be good? Hence why the movie was a flop. At first I thought to myself the same thing about this movie. How are you going to make a movie on a train, all the while making the audience not feel like they are confined to a train and at the same time make sure it is not a terrible movie. I would have given it a higher rating but very few movies have ever made my highest rating. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I found this movie on Netflix.

It is called "Time Lapse". I give it a 3 out of 5.

I like the idea of the film (A couple find a camera that takes pictures into the future). A film like this has bend one before and can be ver predictable. This film was OK. The ending kind of pulled it together and made it not so terrible. If anyone watches please let me know. I would love to bounce some personal takes of the film back and forth. 

Just for sum up of some of the movies you guys talked about:

Interstellar, requires a lot of watchings to fully undestand it, I will say that Interstellar is today what 2001:A Space Odyssey was back in the day, It really took decade(s) to understand that movie, and now it's kinda legendary, so give Interstellar time, it has much deeper meaning as to what the eye sees, I'd give it a 4,5/5

Birdman, well, I for one didn't like it, here in Denmark at least we have a movie genre that is really big internationally called "Dogme" or "Dogma" if you will, people seem to love it, some seem to not like it at all, either you like dogma or not, and I for sure do not like it, I can watch a movie like that which is around 1h30m, and I feel like I've been staring at something I have no idea about what the heck is going on for 5 hours. Can't deny the actors and how much of a deep meaning it had, although not my kind of style at all.

Personally: 2/5, realistically: 3.5/5

Latest I've watched: 

Avengers: Age of Ultron, very good movie, but I also love Marvel, 3.9/5

Citizenfour: Must watch, absolutely must watch, It's a documentary, but watch, and be mindblown to what is happening in our world! 4/5

Mad Max Fury Road: I really enjoyed it, even though many says it's not that good, 3.8/5

My absolute favorite movies of all time (5/5):

Inception

The Dark Knight

The Shawshank Redemption

The Intouchables

Star Wars, in this order: Episode: 4, 5, 6, 3, 2, 1. Many says the prequels are very bad, but I actually really think they are good, maybe episode 1 isn't as great, but episode 3 is in my opinion very good.

Godfather Pt. 1

Schindler's List

The Matrix Series, Yes yes, not many people like it, but I think it's a very cool take on sci-fi, and I at least still enjoy them.

Honorable mentions:

Whiplash

The Dark Knight Rises

2001: A Space Odyssey

Django Unchained

The Green Mile

Back to the Future series, yes yes I know, not actually masterpieces, but, childhood memories.

I could go on, but the list will be virtually neverending.

I'm open for discussion on any of these :)

Edited by Haste
  • Like 2

b2ExQd1.png

Southpaw - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1798684/?ref_=nv_sr_1

9/10

Love love love this film. One of the best films I have ever seen. Jake Gyllenhaal is superb as Billy Hope, the boxer with the world at his feet, until one life changing night.

I'm expecting a Best Actor Oscar for him.

Yes! Southpaw was a great movie.

Last movie I watched.....

The Visit. -1.

This movie was complete garbage. Night really needs to just stop making stuff. Typical non R rated scary movie that isn't scary at all. Footage film to boot, the worst thing ever created.

Edited by SINISTER120

Yes! Southpaw was a great movie.

Last movie I watched.....

The Visit. -1.

This movie was complete garbage. Night really needs to just stop making stuff. Typical non R rated scary movie that isn't scary at all. Footage film to boot, the worst thing ever created.

I will have to add that to my list of films for the next movie night. I just watched the trailer, it looked real good.

Finished the Harry Potter series last week. Continuing on my notes :

4th : 9 Best in the series IMO

5th : 8

6th : 7

7th pt1 : 7

7th pt2 : 7

The last one feels a bit rushed in the end, despite it being split in two parts.

Saw The Mask on TV last night. Saw it like 10 times but it's always a pleasure. Very fun movie, lots of action throughout the whole film. The bad guy is hyper stereotypical and can't act but anyway, I always have a good time watching this movie.

It's a 8 for me.

Mad Max Fury Road 2/10

Plot: Drive car through desert for half the film, drive Car back to where you started for second half of the film.

Two points for the effects and the action, but that's all there is. This film has the intellectual depth of a puddle. I was dissapointed.

Edited by MrBump360
  • Like 1

Ok, very broad subject for me. When I was in my early twenties, I ran my own Movie Gallery. My old room mate and I had quite a VAST collection of films. We had Every comic book movie, and is where we started our collection. From there it just went on and on to own as many movies as we possibly could. Everything from old westerns, to new age sci-fi. When I moved out of state, I didn't have much room to transport stuff, and I ended up just letting him keep them all. At last count, he now owns something like 1200 movies on dvd and blu-ray.

I have started to collect again, with my wife. Not near like I did back then, but it's still an interest of mine. Most recently, I've rewatched a few good movies.

TMNT - Great movie, looking forward to seeing the changes in the next movie. (could ruin the set for me)

Django - I think this is going to end up one of those favorite movies of mine, I never watch lol.

I also have seen a few new movies recently

Furious 7 - Not near as good as I hoped it to be, but considering all of what on during the making of, it was a damn good movie.

THE COBBLER - Adam Sandler is always a hit in my books. This movie, though I thought it would be terrible, was a fresh surprise. A new take on suspense comedy.

Unfriended:

Ok, so I was on vacation at my mothers, and she offered to pick up a movie for the wife and I to watch one night. We decided on "Unfriended," as neither of us had seen it. This movie, I had little to no expectations for it to be a good movie. Was it fantastic? Not at all. Did it keep me at the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next? YES!! (Quit talking to yourself Locsta, their going to think weez looney) I recommend watching this flick at-least once. It DID give me goosebumps at one point. Well put together! ;)

Edited by Locsta815
  • Like 1

Mad Max Fury Road 2/10

Plot: Drive car through desert for half the film, drive Car back to where you started for second half of the film.

Two points for the effects and the action, but that's all there is. This film has the intellectual depth of a puddle. I was dissapointed.

As a Mad Max fan I was pleased with what they did with it. Lots of references to the original series and it had the right feel too. Apart from that yeah just the typical high octane mass stunt film. Turn your brain off and enjoy the ride.

• Like 2

As far as the Harry Potter films, I only made it to the 4th one. I keep telling myself that one of these days I will spend a weekend and watch them all but it never happens. I just end up watching either the Lord of the Rings or Habbit films instead. 

I saw Mad Max but was very indifferent over the film. It mad me want to watch the original Mad Max film. Which I still have not had a chance to see. 

The Cobbler was OK. I thought it was going to be a terrible film. I have slowly started to really dislike Adam Sandler. But this film was not that bad. 

Bit late to the party since I don't go to the movie theatres. Saw Mad Max, Fury Road recently. I'd say a 7. Entertaining enough, yet nowhere near the real deal.

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

As far as the Harry Potter films, I only made it to the 4th one. I keep telling myself that one of these days I will spend a weekend and watch them all but it never happens. I just end up watching either the Lord of the Rings or Hobbit films instead.

As a Tolkien fanboy I originally lumped the Potter franchise with Narnia as a crappy LotR wannabe. But, I gave the series another chance and found that it had a very unique plot. Both the characters and story evolved and matured from a whimsical children's story to a dark and quite disturbing fight for survival...

I can tell you one thing, after making it all the way to The Deathly Hollows, I feel like a real piece of sh*t for hating on Dobby...

UberL33tPwner69_XDBX_Sig.png

Just watched Mad Max and American Sniper for the first time...Mad Max gets a 7 out of 10, action sequences were great...Sniper gets a 6 out of 10...I hate feeling depressed after I watch a movie.

Saw Mad Max, American Sniper and Fury. Mad Max style didn`t feel good to me, American Sniper is a great movie but the emotional part didn`t work pretty well since I`m not american, and as Seymor said it`s too sad.

Fury, though, man is it a good movie, it`s kinda sad, but still it`s the best movie I saw this year. The story, characters... all about that movie is great.

• Like 1

I have not seen American Sniper. I was told it was an emotional movie and I have not been in the mood to watch something like that. So I have been avoiding it.

The Fury looked like it might be a real good film. I always like WWII movies.

My absolute favorite movies of all time (5/5):

The Intouchables

Great movie. The last one I expected to see in this thread.

The wife had a college course that required her to watch a list of movies and this was one of them. Had my doubts since I don't care for subtitles but man was I proved wrong.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

With Halloween around the corner my girlfriend is on this huge scary movie kick. Last night she decided that we should watch a film called; The ABC's of Death (2012). They take 26 different directors from around the world and give each one a letter in the alphabet. They then each make a small short film about 4 to 5 mins long about the work that starts with the letter they received. So if a director had the letter "G" he might make a short film about Gluttony in which a man eats himself to death. So far this film sounds amazing. I gave it a 1/10. This was terrible. Out of all 26 short films only 2 of them were great. Maybe about 3 or 4 were good. The rest were terrible. One in particular was so bad I almost shut the film off. I would not recommend watching it. 

The ABC's of Death - 1/10

"Jobs" 6.5/10 - This film has a higher rating then I am giving it. If you don't know much about the history of computers, or Apple and Macintosh, or the life of Steve Jobs, you may like this film more. It is pretty cool to see it all on film, but it didn't cover too much that I didn't know already. There were a few things in there where I was a little amazed, but over all, I feel like I lost two hours of my day watching this!

"Jobs" 6.5/10 - This film has a higher rating then I am giving it. If you don't know much about the history of computers, or Apple and Macintosh, or the life of Steve Jobs, you may like this film more. It is pretty cool to see it all on film, but it didn't cover too much that I didn't know already. There were a few things in there where I was a little amazed, but over all, I feel like I lost two hours of my day watching this!

It seemed like a ton of films came out about his life after he died. The last one I watched was the one with Ashton Kutcher. That film was terrible. It seemed like he had none of his own ideas. He just road the coat tails of everyone else's ideas. I felt like his life was more about luck and being in the right place at the right time.