Rate the Last Film you Watched

StressEater

Well it was symbolic :P

lol. 

As far as Ex Machina, I have yet to see it. I watched the previews and thought it might be good. I will have to watch it when I get a chance. Might be a week down the road. I am trying to finish The Sapranos right now. 

Blue Velvet. I give it a 2. I have to say I was really disappointed in it as I heard a few times it was really good. I wasn't let down with how crazy Dennis Hoppers character was though

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold B to the Rian, all that matters is you beat the leprechauns"   - Stewie Griffin

Just came back from the theater. Saw Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation.

It was good, as good as can be expected from these kind of movies.

Lots of action, the scenario is good although a bit expected (more or less the same thing as the previous movies). Some scenes are a bit over the top but what else do you expect from a movie with Tom Cruise? :D

All in all, it was very entertaining and I had a good time.

7/10 :)

I watched Interstellar recently too, I would rate it about the same. The ending was influenced by 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Which brings me to the point, have you seen 2001, and what would you rate it? Although a weird film, I enjoy how Stanley Kubrick respected the audiences intelligence.

The last movie I saw was American Ultra, I'd give it a 2/5, the plot was pretty meh, and it wasn't as funny as I had expected (I did laugh a few times though).

I have not seen Interstellar, but "2001: A Space Odyssey" easily makes my all-time top 10 list. It may even be number one, but I don't like placing entirely different films in a specific order of favorites. I don't care for most Sci-Fi, but 2001 is much more than that. It's far too complex to put it into any category, but it's definitely a masterpiece of cinema, and one will either love it or hate it. I've never seen any opinions that fall into the in-between category. It is the one film I have seen more often than any other film, and I still have vivid memories of watching it over and over again whilst under the influence as a teenager. I'd say that everyone should watch it at least once, but definitely keep an open mind and stick with it. Some think it is "boring", but it's not some Hollywood Sci-Fi film.

Blue Velvet. I give it a 2. I have to say I was really disappointed in it as I heard a few times it was really good. I wasn't let down with how crazy Dennis Hoppers character was though

Ah, I loved this movie. I haven't seen it in years, but it was certainly Dennis Hopper's best role ever. It's pretty typical David Lynch as a whole, but I like most of his films (with the exception of Dune).

• Like 1

Just came back from the theater. Saw Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation.

It was good, as good as can be expected from these kind of movies.

Lots of action, the scenario is good although a bit expected (more or less the same thing as the previous movies). Some scenes are a bit over the top but what else do you expect from a movie with Tom Cruise? :D

All in all, it was very entertaining and I had a good time.

7/10 :)

Tom Cruise and I have a love hate relationship. I love his movies but hate him as an actor. I actually want to see this film. I know what I am getting when I see one of his movies. 

• Like 1

Pixels. 1

Just another in a long line of lame Sandler movies that just try too hard.

We have a Drive In about 20 minutes from home and go whenever possible. Very rare for us to ever go to a regular theater. I don't need fancy surround sound or 3D gimmicks to enjoy a movie. 

• Like 1

I have not seen Interstellar, but "2001: A Space Odyssey" easily makes my all-time top 10 list. It may even be number one, but I don't like placing entirely different films in a specific order of favorites. I don't care for most Sci-Fi, but 2001 is much more than that. It's far too complex to put it into any category, but it's definitely a masterpiece of cinema, and one will either love it or hate it. I've never seen any opinions that fall into the in-between category. It is the one film I have seen more often than any other film, and I still have vivid memories of watching it over and over again whilst under the influence as a teenager. I'd say that everyone should watch it at least once, but definitely keep an open mind and stick with it. Some think it is "boring", but it's not some Hollywood Sci-Fi film.

I definitely agree, it is a masterpiece of cinema. Most definitely a movie I'll never forget, and I still can't look at a rectangle the same way :P. I've seen the movie a few times, however still notice more and more themes, symbolism, e.t.c every time I watch it. 

I love how the film is open to interpretation, and how could you not love those outstanding visual effects? :P 

• Like 1

Tom Cruise and I have a love hate relationship. I love his movies but hate him as an actor. I actually want to see this film. I know what I am getting when I see one of his movies. 

Have you ever seen "Magnolia"?  In my opinion, it was Tom Cruise's best role and perhaps best film ever.  He's not the main character, but his character is actually one of the best parts of the film.  "Eyes Wide Shut" is another good film, but that's Stanley Kubrick's last film, so it isn't necessarily a typical Tom Cruise film.

I definitely agree, it is a masterpiece of cinema. Most definitely a movie I'll never forget, and I still can't look at a rectangle the same way :P. I've seen the movie a few times, however still notice more and more themes, symbolism, e.t.c every time I watch it. 

I love how the film is open to interpretation, and how could you not love those outstanding visual effects? :P

I really need to go back and watch it again.  Like I said, I've seen it more times than any other film, but I probably haven't watched it in five or more years.  I agree though, you definitely notice different things with each viewing and the visual effects were light years ahead of its time.  The sequel, "2010", is far more dated and lacks everything in comparison.  I actually hated that one and wish it had never been made, but sequels are usually bad ideas in the first place. :P

It's weird, I cannot honestly remember the last film I saw in theaters.  When I was younger, I used to see just about everything--now I'm lucky if I go every two or three years.  Of course, since playing GTA, my film viewing as a whole has seen a very sharp decline.

• Like 1

I really need to go back and watch it again.  Like I said, I've seen it more times than any other film, but I probably haven't watched it in five or more years.  I agree though, you definitely notice different things with each viewing and the visual effects were light years ahead of its time.  The sequel, "2010", is far more dated and lacks everything in comparison.  I actually hated that one and wish it had never been made, but sequels are usually bad ideas in the first place. :P

It's weird, I cannot honestly remember the last film I saw in theaters.  When I was younger, I used to see just about everything--now I'm lucky if I go every two or three years.  Of course, since playing GTA, my film viewing as a whole has seen a very sharp decline.

I heard that 2010 wasn't too bad, and also that it was nothing in comparison to 2001, I haven't watched it and still don't know if I intend to. Hahah I agree, there's only a few films with sequels that I like, but generally in the comedy genre. 

This year I've started going to cinemas again, mainly because a relative who is visiting from Europe wants to go, otherwise I'll only go if it's a movie I know I'll like, cinemas are way too expensive anyway plus everything is on the internet. 

Yep, GTA has taken over most of my free time lol, ever since I got GTA I barely watch any programs that are on TV. 

I used to go to the cinema a lot. These days hardly ever seem to go. Maybe a certain game has something to do with that?

I do have quite a few of my favourite films on DVD and think the last one I watched was The Duelists. I'd give that 5/5 (I wouldn't own a copy of it otherwise). It's Ridley Scot's first film from the 1970s. A fairly low budget one but with the sort of stunning visual shots you expect from him, or at least his early films. It's set in 19th century France about two officers in Napoleon's army who fight an inconclusive duel over some trivial disagreement. One of them (played by Harvey Keitel) insists they resume the duel at a later stage. The other (played by Keith Carradine) is far less enthusiastic about the whole concept of dueling and tries to avoid resuming it. But over the course of many years their paths keep crossing and they resume their duel, each time without either of them gaining what the rules of dueling consider an acceptable victory. It does end many years later after Napoleon's defeat. I won't give the ending away though. It's very well acted. Has quite a few relatively famous British actors who weren't big names at the time in the supporting roles. A couple of the duels are very well shot as well, one in particular stands out for me when they fight with heavy sabres until they are both exhausted and can barley stand, let alone try to attack the other.

2001 is a fantastic film. I don't own a copy because I don't think watching it on a TV does it justice. It has to been seen in a cinema. The special effects are phenomenal for it's time. The one bit I think does look dated is the beginning. Those prehistoric apes just don't look like anything other than actors in furry costumes to me. I guess you can blame Planet of the Apes for that. But I have read that when it came out many people thought they were real apes that had been specially trained. The sequel is certainly not as good. But I would recommend all the books to anyone. The original book was written by Arthur C Clarke so that he could then do the film's screenplay from it. The music is fantastic as well. If anyone remembers and likes the really eerie orchestral music when they find the monolith on the moon you may want to try some other Ligeti. There's some currently available on the BBC's website http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p030w12q. (not sure if that link works outside the UK though).

Edited by djw180
  • Like 2

Any person that figures the monkey men in planet of the apes were real life, specially trained monkeys, is broken.

Watched horns yesterday, it was alright, rubbish at the start, but was watch-able. I would give it 3/5 but wouldn't recommend anyone watches it. It's about Harry Potter being accused of killing his girlfriend by everyone everywhere. He wants to prove his innocence, randomly grows horns on his head and gains the abilities to order people to do things and hear their sins.

Last film I watched that was pretty good was Would you rather? Not a sensational story or amazing acting but a twisted idea you couldn't help but play along with. About a rich man playing with people that need his money by asking them would you rather do this horrific thing or this terrible thing? I mostly chose terrible meself. 2.859/5

Have you ever seen "Magnolia"?  In my opinion, it was Tom Cruise's best role and perhaps best film ever.  He's not the main character, but his character is actually one of the best parts of the film.  "Eyes Wide Shut" is another good film, but that's Stanley Kubrick's last film, so it isn't necessarily a typical Tom Cruise film.

Yes I have seen Magnolia. I really enjoyed that film. I did see Eyes Wide Shut as well. I saw that when it first came out. I can't remember if I liked it or not. I just remember the way it ended. I should go back and watch it again. 

Any person that figures the monkey men in planet of the apes were real life, specially trained monkeys, is broken.

It was the ones in 2001 I was referring to. That's slightly more understandable as they don't talk and I suppose in the late 60s many people had never even seen a gorilla on TV. But I guess it just shows how good the 2001 special effects were for their time.

Edited by djw180

Testing my new toy, i came arround to watch Selfless with Ryan reynolds and Ben Kingsley.

What a waste of time, the concept of imortality only avaible to the richest and you could transfer to a new body……such a good cast wasted

I had been better off playing Gta

Testing my new toy, i came arround to watch Selfless with Ryan reynolds and Ben Kingsley.

What a waste of time, the concept of imortality only avaible to the richest and you could transfer to a new body……such a good cast wasted

I had been better off playing Gta

I thought about watching it looked like so many other movies out there. It reminded me of

• Like 1

How can you (the royal you) like GTA and not like Fast & Furious movies?

And Birdman was crap. A movie about actors for actors. That's why it's so highly regarded, Hollywood giving itself a blowjob.

• Like 2

Valkyrie. Tom Cruise movie about a plot to kill Hitler

Excellent movie if this is your type of stuff, one of his best IMO. 9/10 and I would re watch anytime.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I agree Hatch. I really enjoyed Valkyrie. Last movie I watched in theater was San Andreas (girlfriend loves disaster movies). I'd give it a 6. Not horrible, but I think 2012 did it better.

And Birdman was crap. A movie about actors for actors. That's why it's so highly regarded, Hollywood giving itself a blowjob.

Thanks god I am not alone. Yes Birdman was crap. 

I'm not the least bit turned on by tuner cars with coffee cans for mufflers. Gimme a V8 with some glasspacks any day.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I have a movie I think will be well liked.

Snowpiercer 4/5

This was a really good movie. It was something new. Not that same old story just recycled with new actors and a slight change of script. Any time I watched a good film I look up everything I can about it. Its origin, if there are any originals from decades past, or if its an adaptation of another film. The history behind it as interesting. 

F&F series is among my favorites. As for the Tuner cars, it's not really my thing either. I do enjoy, what I call Pacific Muscle cars. Japanese high power sports cars. Supra, RX7,  Skyline. But they also include some American Muscle. Dom always drives a Mopar. The one that really hurt was Tokyo Drift. The movie was ok for what it was, but when they desecrated a Gen 1 mustang my installing, what appeared to be an RB26 in it,  that hurt real bad. 

Dodgeservice.png

I have a movie I think will be well liked.

Snowpiercer 4/5

This was a really good movie. It was something new. Not that same old story just recycled with new actors and a slight change of script. Any time I watched a good film I look up everything I can about it. Its origin, if there are any originals from decades past, or if its an adaptation of another film. The history behind it as interesting. 

ohh thats already on my list because anything post apocalyptic will get play by me :D

this is the one set on a train right? i think (might be completely wrong here) that it was based off of an Anime or Manga?

i do like the first two tbh i taught tokyo drift was decent. the last one just left alot to be desired for me

but im not into gta for the cars tbh im in it for drive-bys, Boyz in the hood style xD

Competitive Thursday, TDM madness 8pm GMT

I'm not the least bit turned on by tuner cars with coffee cans for mufflers. Gimme a V8 with some glasspacks any day.

dodge-charger-rt-1024x534.jpg

You're right, Pen0sIre, people are interested in GTA for many different reasons. You can't deny that F&F and GTA share a lot of the same vehicles, stunts and parallels in missions. GTA borrows from a lot of other movies as well.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying F&F is high art or even fine cinema. They are fun blockbusters full of eye candy and explosions and cheesey acting. I like that and it's my 2nd favorite movie genre.

Edit: Last movie I saw was Thelma & Louise. I'd never seen it before, only the clip of them jumping the car off the cliff. I'll give it a 3. The characters were really 1 dimensional especially the men. Maybe it's F&F for girls. GIna Davis was smokin hot in it though!

Edited by Beez
  • Like 1

Valkyrie. Tom Cruise movie about a plot to kill Hitler

Excellent movie if this is your type of stuff, one of his best IMO. 9/10 and I would re watch anytime.

Great film and a good story.

Did you know the only reason more assassination attempts weren't made on Hitler in the later years was because he was doing more harm to the Nazi war effort than the allies combined. If they had have taken him out someone more competent or sane might have taken over and who knows what the world would look like then.

That actually leads me to my next point, not a film but there's a very interesting TV series coming out soon. The Man in the High Castle tells a story of what the world could have been like if the Axis powers had won.

• Like 1