RSC Film Club

LimeGreenLegend

6 minutes ago, djw180 said:

I have no idea what this film is like. I just picked one I had heard of from a list.

I saw it when it was released and remember really liking it.  It's by Brad Bird, who went on to direct The Incredibles, so you know it'll be decent.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, djw180 said:

I have no idea what this film is like. I just picked one I had heard of from a list.

From what I recall, it was very touching like E.T. but with a big *ss fn robot. I do remember part of it being sad. I only watched it once and dont even remember most of its themes besides friendship. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Next month is @Con’s favourite time of the year, Halloween, so we will of course be doing musicals, because nothing brings him more terror!  Just kidding, we’ll be doing horror movies.  We won’t pick the winner until the first of the month, so you have a few days to decide what spine-tingler you want to nominate.  

I’ll kick off the nominations with David Lynch’s ode to the horrors of parenthood, Eraserhead.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Next month is @Con’s favourite time of the year, Halloween, so we will of course be doing musicals, because nothing brings him more terror!  Just kidding, we’ll be doing horror movies.  We won’t pick the winner until the first of the month, so you have a few days to decide what spine-tingler you want to nominate.  

I’ll kick off the nominations with David Lynch’s ode to the horrors of parenthood, Eraserhead.  

Horror it is!!!!! Wooooooooooo!!!!!! 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 12:04 AM, LimeGreenLegend said:

In that case I'll nominate the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, doubleg213 said:

That's just a regular Saturday night for me. 

No lie. I lived across from a theatre that showed RHPS and people would show up in drag and costumes. As a kid, I had no idea what was going down in that theatre. lol. 
here is my review of it if you are bored while on the toilet...

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

Halloween nominations so far:

Eraserhead

Jacob's Ladder (1990)

The Rocky Horror Picture Show(?)

Haloween III: Season of the Witch

Alien

Sphere

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2020 at 3:33 AM, LimeGreenLegend said:

Halloween nominations so far:

Eraserhead

Jacob's Ladder (1990)

The Rocky Horror Picture Show(?)

Haloween III: Season of the Witch

Shall we submit two films each since not a lot of people are responding? And you guys should be glad I didn't just join the club to submit bad movies for you guys to watch. LMAO. Oh and I did try to watch Seven Samurai before The Iron Giant but i had a tough time finding subtitles and then synching them to the film. I might have to hit the library for a version to watch. It was strange, it seemed like the subtitles just stopped after the first hour. \

When this happened:

7O7OcJ2.jpg?1

Totally stole the immersion....lmao.  The movie subtitles and this ad were the same font so I naturally read it and had to stop myself....lol. 

Edited by Con
  • Haha 1

I thought nominations had finished. Going to throw in a classic horror. 

Alien. 

Yes it is definitely a horror film but it did give birth to a sci-fi series. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

@Conwe have five nominations now, I think that will be enough. Do you want to do the honours of spinning that    thing?

Not unless you want to wait until 7 hours from now.....so you should spin it. I will resume duties next month. 

7 minutes ago, Con said:

Not unless you want to wait until 7 hours from now.....so you should spin it. I will resume duties next month. 

I don't mind waiting, might get another nomination by then 😄 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

Wait a minute!!! Let me pitch in!! I nominate The sphere... that is admissable in horror right? 

I'd say so.

32 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

I'd say so.

Good.

1 hour ago, Con said:

Sphere (1998) ? With Sharon Stone?

And Dustin Hoffman, and Morgan Freeman... yup, that sphere... 😅

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Two in a row for @djw180!

This isn't a particularly famous film. It fits into psychological thriller as much as horror. It's a film I saw at the cinema with a friend when we just went to the cinema with nothing in mind to see. Back then no smart phones, so all we had to go on was the posters in the cinema and picked this. I really liked it. I won't say too much because it has some great plot elements and twists I don't want to give away. We both came out the cinema and sort of said "did you understand what happened? I didn't?" but then about 20 mins later on the way home " .... I get it now!!!!!".

• Like 2