RSC Film Club

LimeGreenLegend

23 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

Another pne that doesn’t like musicals? Well, you need to watach one of this movie club best pics: Chicago!! 😂 Con became a fan! 😂😂

Shhhh don’t say that too loud, man. Hatch, Dodge, ZZ, and Sinister gonna take my American man-card. Plus anyone from the hood will relate to Mr. Cellophane. 😅

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Con said:

Shhhh don’t say that too loud, man. Hatch, Dodge, ZZ, and Sinister gonna take my American man-card. Plus anyone from the hood will relate to Mr. Cellophane. 😅

LOL. While not a fan of musicals in general I can't judge anything I haven't seen.

Plus they aren't all bad. Anyone that doesn't enjoy the Blues Brothers is a n*zi 😉

• Haha 2

Amended November nominations:

David Lynch x2

Apocalyptic x2

Clint Eastwood war films

Docudrama (a film based on real events eg: Apollo 13) 

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Spinnaker1981 said:

I nominate Entrapment as a film extra... 

We may as well start the Connery film nominations now.  

Mine is The Man Who Would Be King.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

So many great Connery films to choose from. I’m struggling to pick one. Might have to watch all of them. 

That is around 70 movies... maybe a bit too much. But I am willing to rewatch Hunt for the Red October again... 😂

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

That is around 70 movies... maybe a bit too much. But I am willing to rewatch Hunt for the Red October again... 😂

That’s one of my shortlisted ones. Also thinking Highlander, The Rock, A Bridge Too Far. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

That’s one of my shortlisted ones. Also thinking Highlander, The Rock, A Bridge Too Far. 

Two of them on my shortlist as well.

I wouldn't mind watching a Connery movie I haven't seen before.

So I nominate The Hill. I also fully support Lime's nomination of The Man Who Would Be King; I can't remember if I have seen that one either.

From those I have already seen, Finding Forrester or The Hunt For Red October are the ones I wouldn't mind watching again.

As good as The Rock actually is, I have seen it too many times and it has Nicholas Cage in it too. 😂

Edited by zmurko
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, zmurko said:

I wouldn't mind watching a Connery movie I haven't seen before.

So I nominate The Hill. I also fully support Lime's nomination of The Man Who Would Be King; I can't remember if I have seen that one either.

From those I have already seen, Finding Forrester or The Hunt For Red October are the ones I wouldn't mind watching again.

As good as The Rock actually is, I have seen it too many times and it has Nicholas Cage in it too. 😂

It has Nick there, but where Sean shines is at being awesome... and he is awesome in that one as well... 

3 minutes ago, Con said:

My film club extra nominee is:

Murder on the Orient Express (1974)

Ooohh Agatha Christie in one of her best... If that one wins, I need to reread it before watch it again.

• Like 2

I’m nominating The Hunt for Red October. I’m a big fan of Tom Clancys books and this film gives Connery more of a starring role compared to films like A Bridge Too Far. 

• Like 2

The main genre for the month has been drawn.  

tfV9S3g.jpg

We've already covered Dune, so that's off the table and is honestly the least David Lynch movie in his filmography.  

My nomination is Lost Highway.

• Like 2

November nominations so far:

David Lynch films:

Lost Highway

Mulholland Drive x2

The Elephant Man

Sean Connery films:

Entrapment

The Man Who Would Be King

The Hill

Murder on the Orient Express