RSC Film Club

LimeGreenLegend

I have a week off work from Saturday, so will catch up on any reviews I've not done yet, but before that it's time to nominate a genre for November.

My pick is David Lynch films.

David Lynch Sunglasses GIF by Jason Clarke

• Like 2

I’m assuming Decembers film will be a Christmas special? 

If you want to reserve that month for the happy joy filled pukefests then I’ll nominate Dark Christmas films this month. Basically any film that isn’t a traditional xmas film but mentions xmas. For example Die Hard is not about Christmas but it’s definitely a Christmas film. Deadpool is also a dark Christmas film too. Can also include stuff like Bad Santa & Gremlins etc.  

If you think Dark Christmas is a suitable nomination for a December theme then I’ll go for Apocalyptic films this month instead. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

I have a week off work from Saturday, so will catch up on any reviews I've not done yet, but before that it's time to nominate a genre for November.

My pick is David Lynch films.

David Lynch Sunglasses GIF by Jason Clarke

I can't resist a second for that.

So +1 for David Lynch.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, zmurko said:

Is there a list of genres already done perhaps?

I'd like to get involved (if you'll have me), but not sure if I'll nominate something that's already been done.

Of course we’ll have you!!! Everyone is welcomed to join!!! I’ll get to a list of Genres and we even accept sub-genres too!! 

• Like 1

List of Genres: 

Action 

Animation 

Comedy 

Crime 

Drama 

Experimental 

Fantasy 

Historical 

Horror 

Romance 

Science Fiction 

Thriller 

Western

From there, you could dive a bit deeper. Sub-genres were developed to give names and expectations to certain types of films within each genre.

The “thriller” genre, for example, had the following sub-genres:

Crime Thriller

Disaster Thriller

Psychological Thriller

Techno Thriller

Every Genre can be broken down further...

War and Military Action

Spy and Espionage Action

Martial Arts Action

Western Shoot ‘Em Up Action

Action Hybrid Genres

So @zmurko, if you come across a film you aren't sure the category of Genre it falls under, just ask in here and help. Next time you are in the restroom, just check the thread for previous month Genre and Film nominations. I normally think of a movie I really want to see and that is how I determine the Genre i'm submitting. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Squirrel said:

If you want to reserve that month for the happy joy filled pukefests then I’ll nominate Dark Christmas films this month. s film too. Can

Hey even if our genre doesnt win....maybe we can talk our way into making Dark Christmas a Film Club Extra. 😄 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Con said:

Hey even if our genre doesnt win....maybe we can talk our way into making Dark Christmas a Film Club Extra. 😄 

It’s down to you and Lime but would be great to pick a traditional Christmas film and a Dark Christmas film as a double feature for December. 

American Psycho would also be classed as a dark Christmas film but we’ve already covered that film. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

American Psycho would also be classed as a dark Christmas film but we’ve already covered that film. 

Let’s all watch American Psycho again !!! Wooooo!! I f*cking love that movie. 
and contrasting Xmas movies sounds fun. If the wheel doesn’t land on our sh*t, im going to review three Xmas movies on my own, one nice, one naughty, and one Nasty!! 🎅🏾

• Haha 1

@zmurko we have covered so far:

Best picture Oscar winners

Musical

Sci-fi thriller set in space or a different planet

French films

Road movies

B-movies

Fantasy

Sci-fi war film

Horror

Ridley Scott films

Christmas films

Comedy

Best actor winning Oscar films

Our favourite films

Revenge films

War films

Biopics

Female directed films

Medieval set films

Sci-fi animation

and finally Horror for a second time.

If you wanna pick something we've already done that's cool, just try to pick something that we did months ago, not something recent.  We wanna keep the variety in this club 🙂 

@Con I think @Squirrel nominated apocalyptic films for next month, then dark Christmas films for December.  I also think it's a good idea to do one traditional Christmas film and one dark/off-beat one for December, so we'll be doing that 🙂  

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 2

@Conif I'm reading it right the nominations so far are

David Lynch x2

Apocalyptic x2

Dark Christmas (if you don't change your mind)

Clint Eastwood war films

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

@Con I think @Squirrel nominated apocalyptic films for next month, then dark Christmas films for December.  I also think it's a good idea to do one traditional Christmas film and one dark/off-beat one for December, so we'll be doing that 🙂  

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! Damn Squirrel, bad squirrel

giphy.gif

had me thinking i was leaving November!!!!! Lime just handle the nominations. I will delete the nom post as not to confuse people. hahahah I need a November film genre....i'll get back to you. 

Edited by Con
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

The two Christmas film options will stop the debate on whether Die Hard is a Christmas film or not 😂

There are two types of people in the world. Those who think Die Hard is a Christmas movie and those that are wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, zmurko said:

Hey! Die Hard is the BEST Christmas movie, whether it is a Christmas movie or not.I  can't tolerate real Christmas movies (or songs).

Another pne that doesn’t like musicals? Well, you need to watach one of this movie club best pics: Chicago!! 😂 Con became a fan! 😂😂

• Haha 2

I believe he was saying he doesn't like Xmas songs, period. Can't say that I blame him, horrible things they are. I knew a guy that would listen to them year round.

• Haha 1